This hotel is cute and located in a great safe area. The rates are reasonable. The rooms are super clean, and a lot of care goes into this property. SOME of the staff are outstanding! I would have given this hotel 5 stars but a few of the staff really angered me during my stay.
1. We were checked in by a young man named Scott. He was quick to get us checked in even though he was working alone with a long line of people. Talk about multi tasking. He was able to check in two at a time using both computers at the front desk. The phone was ringing like crazy through all this and he never lost his cool or composure. He stated he has been in the hotel business for over 10 years, and his experience shows in his professionalism. He was very knowledgeable about the area even though he has lived in Charleston a very short time. Scott was always willing to help us, always greeted us by name and always had a smile on his face.
2. We went to the front desk around 10pm the same night we checked in to ask for some directions. The over night worker had apparently come in early and was hunched over the front counter playing on his personal lap top. Scott was having to work around this guy who would not move. I found this to be rude and unprofessional. I found out his name is Aaron. When we came back in around 1am Aaron was watching a loud movie on his computer and made out like it was a problem to stop his movie to help us by making a key to our room that we locked inside of it. This Aaron needs a lesson in people skills and in personal grooming and hygiene.
3. The breakfast hostess Cheryl was very polite and always smiling. Such a nice treat to have someone at 6am smiling and happy to see us and welcome us into the breakfast room. She was great with our kids.
4. On our way out of our room to go check out, we saw the guy in charge of housekeeping berating a poor housekeeper over the coals for something she missed in a room the day before. He needs a lesson in how to manage and talk to people. A conversation like that should have taken place in private and with less yelling at a woman 20 years older than him.
5. The lady that was there for check out, Jana, was a treat and acted like she hated to see us leave the hotel.
6. It is hard to make a left hand turn out of this hotel during rush hour traffic but that is to be expected in a metro area.
All in all it is a great property with a pretty great staff. I would have given it 5 stars instead of 4 if it had not been for those 2 people on the staff that we encountered that could use a couple of lessons in people skills etc..... I truly hope the management knows what jewels they have in the staff that do know how to be professional and exude excellent customer service.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Charleston Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Sweetgrass Hotel Charleston
- Best Western Charleston
- Charleston Best Western