“Clean but Old”

Best Western Charleston Inn
Ranked #24 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed 1 April 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights while family member was in ICU at MUSC hospital. The rooms were cool and comfortable. We slept well, but We just crashed! I wouldn't stay here for vacation.
The fridge and TV turn off when u turn off the lights, which we didn't know; so our cell phones didnt charge and soda wasn't cold over night.
The bathroom was ancient!! The floor of tub was a little shaky. But it seemed to be clean. At the end of my shower the water turned cool.
Two very gross hairs were in my towels; the towels also were very soft and wrinkled, which made me nervous if they were clean!
Thy quoted a price of $109 a night, luckily we had a discount and didn't pay that. I would not advise anyone to pay $109 a night. It is not worth that at all. In North Charleston the best hotels are that price and cheaper.

• Stayed: April 2013
Bill R, General Manager at Best Western Charleston Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2013

Dear Mommytomykids,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your opinions of our property. We appreciate the feedback you've provided. I hope everything turned out well for your family member who was visiting MUSC.

Our property is older than some and younger than others. As you pointed out, it is clean and well maintained. I am sorry you would not visit with us on vacation. We would love to show you the true measure of our hospitality.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your opinion. We hope to see you again.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Charleston Inn

Reviewed 29 March 2013

My husband and I stayed for one night at this hotel. We unexpectedly needed a room at a very busy time of year (Easter, Spring Break, Family Circle Cup). We were very pleased that the reviews of the Best Western turned out to be accurate. I often opt for a higher end hotel because I don't want to risk a sleepless night on an uncomfortable mattress. The beds were comfy, room was clean, breakfast average with better than average coffee. We didn't need assistance from the staff, but check- in was quick and breakfast was well supplied. Great to have a frig and microwave in the room. Location is convenient to mall, restaurants, downtown, and 526. Considering the low availabilty of rooms at this time of year...we felt we got a good deal. The hotel was extremely quiet at night, but many people were up at 6 and noisy!! Like the Ford 250 diesel idling outside our room for more than 20 minutes while fellow workers conversed and called to one another. We were up...but if I had wanted to sleep, this review would probably look different.

Room Tip: Worht your while to mention it if you are hoping to sleep late

Dear jcwtraveler,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We really appreciate the opportunity to receive such honest feedback from our guests.

I am sorry you were disturbed by the idling truck and its owners. We try to minimize these types of incidents but sometimes people are just not considerate. I was happy to read that for the most part you enjoyed your visit with us despite this annoyance.

Again, thank you for taking the time to post your review. I hope you will visit with us during your next trip to Charleston.

Reviewed 28 March 2013

We stayed here March 22 - 24, 2013. What was meant to be a pleasant ladies weekend away, turned into a damp flash-flood warning weekend, but the hotel and staff were a pleasant part.

The pool is beautiful and large, the Azaleas and landscaping on the property are beautiful. Continental breakfast was plentiful and included (to name a few) fresh fruit, cereals, coffee, tea, oatmeal, muffins and pastries, and hot fresh waffles.

The front desk staff was always pleasant, polite, and went out of their way to offer suggestions, etcetera. I WAS surprised at one point to hear the front desk clerk tell a lady there wasn't much going on in town this weekend that she knew of. There was the International Antique show, the Festival of Houses and Gardens that allows visitors a rare glimpse into private homes and gardens, that I knew of. Management should make an effort to keep staff informed and a little more excited about their beautiful city, so people don't miss all Charleston has to offer.

Room Tip: No actual restaurant, just continental breakfast.

Dear Lisa S.,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough review of our property. We really appreciate the feedback we get on forums such as this.

I was happy to read that you enjoyed your visit with us. Normally our clerks are very good at providing details of what's happening in Charleston. Based upon your comments we are now providing them with a weekly document so they can properly inform our guests. Thank you very much for your suggestion.

Thank you again for taking the time to write about your experience. We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

You couldn't ask for a more helpful and polite desk person than Ja'na. Her smile and pleasantness was such a comfort after a long drive. Didn't make me feel stupid for forgetting my toothbrush. We would stay there again because we had such a positive experience there.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Bill R, General Manager at Best Western Charleston Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2013

Dear Pat K,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience at our property. We appreciate the feedback very much.

I was so happy to read that Ja'na was able to take such good care of you during your visit. We consider all of our associates gems; Ja'na is truly a diamond amongst those gems.

Again, thank you for your comments. We hope to serve you again.

Reviewed 16 March 2013

,its FANTASTIC ,when you look out from your window its like looking at the Caribbean with trees bushes ,flowers ,the place is so clean and well kept, ladies on front desk are very nice with a welcoming( and ask me anything ) attitude,pool is the deepest I've ever seen in a hotel and very clean, they only had one computer terminel BUT they have a BIG(not sure how to explain it ) screen travel computer about 6 people at a time can see what is going on in Charleston for shows ,weather ,almost anything.Every thing about this hotel is fabulous .Down town go to BUBBA GUMPS restaurant its a fun place and reasonably priced also went to MERCERY PUB good food but its a sports bar( so of course noisy),we also went to a 50s show it was VERY GOOD . Because of all these good things i really enjoyed my stay in Charleston.Ill be back

Room Tip: i think all rooms here would be ok
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Freda C,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of our property. We really appreciate the feedback.

It was a pleasure to read that you enjoyed you visit with us. Thank you so much for noticing our landscaping; our maintenance team works hard to keep it looing its best.

Again, thank you for your comments. We hope to see you the next time you visit Charleston.

Reviewed 9 March 2013

I stayed here a few weeks ago and it was a nice stay. My room was clean. It appears the room was recently upgraded and the furniture seemed outdated but I don’t think that really is a big deal. The location was pretty good as well. It was just a short drive to downtown Charleston.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Bill R, General Manager at Best Western Charleston Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2013

Dear Suz14,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We always appreciate feedback from our guests.

I am sorry that you did not thoroughly enjoy your visit. We did recently upgrade the rooms; the furniture package is on our list of future projects.

Again, thank you for your comments. We hope to serve you again.

Reviewed 7 March 2013

My family and I stayed at this hotel for a weekend and the service was super!!!! I have never been to a hotel where the entire staff went above and beyond to ensure our comfort. One woman in particular Ms. Sheryl Chavis was the best. She was attentive very polite and made sure we knew everything we needed to know, she even suggested some places we should visit while we were in the city. While everyone was great Ms. Chavis seemed genuine. She deserves a raise lol!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family

Dear Private P,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our property. We really do appreciate the feedback.

It is always a pleasure to read that our associates have made a positive impact upon someone's experience. It is especially rewarding when a guest takes the time to recognize that associate by name. I am sure Sheryl will be very happy to see that she had such a positive effect upon your visit.

Again, thank you for your comments. We hope to serve you in the future.