“Clean,comfy!”

Best Western Charleston Inn
Ranked #24 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed 16 April 2013

Clean room with micro and fridge.Very comfy beds.Lovely pool which we didn't get to enjoy because of rainy weather. The breakfast was very good with not only waffles but blueberry waffles! Was good with sliced banana.Also had cereals,yogurt, danishes,etc.,and chocolate milk which I haven't enjoyed in a long time. Was on a busy street and had to turn right and u turn at times,but it worked. Enjoyed going to the thrift shops on the same street.Short drive to downtown.Would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Bill R, General Manager at Best Western Charleston Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2013

Dear Kalvarezyates,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We appreciate the feedback we receive through forums such as this one.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent visit with us. I only wish the weather could have been better so you could have experienced the pool as well.

Again, thank you so much for the feedback. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 10 April 2013

All I have to say is one word....horrible. We recently came in to Charleston for a 4 night stay from April 3-7th. We were given "the last 2 rooms" with our reservation. Our non smoking room reeked of smoke, and the other room smelled of Clorox bleach. The rooms were not even a 1 star in my opinion. The management sent up a nice man carrying an aerosol can of something to spray to mask the smell. We nicely thanked him but turned him away. The bathrooms were so pathetic. The management could not move us and we spent the next 2 hours searching online for anything available at another hotel. We were forced to sleep in this crummy hotel one night before checking out. I feel we should have been given some kind of compensation for the aggravation and inconvenience but nothing from management. We have stayed at many hotels in our lives but this was horrendous!
Luckily we were able to stay in a nice accommodation in Mount Pleasant for the rest of our stay.
We found the Sweetgrass on Tripadvisor. We usually have good luck but not this time....

Room Tip: Be forwarned, don't stay here!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jamacinmecrazy
Bill R, General Manager at Best Western Charleston Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2013

Dear Jamacinmecrazy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion of our property. We certainly appreciate the feedback.

I am sorry you did not thoroughly enjoy your visit with us. We strive to insure that every guest enjoys not only their visit to Charleston, but their stay with us as well. Apparently, in your case, we fell short of our goal. Rest assured, your review will be used as a training tool to help our staff improve their efforts.

Again, thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

Spent two nights at BW Sweetgrass Inn, and should have stayed a 3rd for another day in Charleston. Our stay was fine. Nicely maintained facility. Friendly staff. Even met a couple in Naples, Fla., our destination, whom stop every year at Sweetgrass Inn to enjoy Charleston. No problem recommending this facility to families and friends both visiting area and/or traveling Rt. 95 to other destinations.

Room Tip: We stayed on lower level in building behind front structure facing busy highway, but heard little no...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Nelson193,

Thank you so much for the kind words. We really do appreciate the feedback we get through forums such as this one.

I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your visit with us. We strive to insure that every guest enjoys not only their time in Charleston but their visit with us as well. I am certain my staff will enjoy reading that their hard work was noticed and appreciated.

Again, thank you for the kind words. We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 7 April 2013

My title says it all. Arrived on a very early flight. Unfortunately they were unable to get me in early. BUT, instead of putting me in the room I was forced into with Princeline, they gave me an upgraded room to accommodate my adult son who I was down there visiting.

This is the fourth time I have stayed with them, and the only complaint I had was a slow draining tub. (And the pool was ice cold, but it was the beginning of April. Not within their control.) If you are looking for a minimal fuss, CLEAN and friendly place to lay your head, this is the place.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank RhinoBill

Dear RhinoBill,

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your comments. We really appreciate the opportunity to interact with our guests this way.

I was glad to read that the front desk was able to accommodate you and that your stay was flawless. Thank you so much for the compliment.

Again, thanks for the wonderful review. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 4 April 2013

I enjoyed my stay here. The hotel was conveniently close to all the attractions. Good WiFi connection, refrigerator and microwave in room. Very affordable. Nice restaurants close by. It was sometimes difficult to turn left out of the hotel parking lot due to it being on a VERY busy street.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Bill R, General Manager at Best Western Charleston Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2013

Dear Sapphire49,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about our property. We really do appreciate our guests making the effort to communicate with us this way.

I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your visit with us. We strive to insure that our guests enjoy not only their visit to Charleston but their stay with us as well.

Again, thank you for your review. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 2 April 2013 via mobile

2nd night here and we return to ants in the tub!

There are step ups and step downs to get into the room. Which are dangerous for my elderly father who uses a cane. The bathrooms fog so badly that you can not close the door when u shower. So if you are going with a friend or coworker be ready for them to see or hear you shower. The shower head is tiny, rusted and severely ancient!!!

The air conditioner in our room worked well and the TV was a nice big flat screen. The beds were clean and the fridge and microwave nice as long as you keep the light switch by the door on.

The door posting says they can charge $599.00 a night. My husband and I fell out laughing. This room is worth $50 that's it!

Would I come back? Yes only if its $50 not for the $109 they tried to charge us.

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear Mommytomykids,

Thank you again for taking the time to post another review about our property. We appreciate the feedback.

We have many different room configurations. I am certain that, if asked, our front desk associates would have been happy to find you a room that would have made your father comfortable.

Again, thank you for your review.

Reviewed 1 April 2013

I enjoyed my stay at Sweetgrass Inn very much. I was told and handed a brochure of all the dog parks and dog friendly restaurant s in the area. The city and people were so friendly and kind. I got to bring my dogs into a jewelry store. It was a very warm and ccomfortable stay. I'll be back. Thanks for making me feel special.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank boianil

Dear boianil,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We very much appreciate the feedback we get on the forums such as this one.

I was happy to read that we made you and your furry friends comfortable during your visit to Charleston. We enjoy being a pet friendly hotel and look forward to adding even more amenities for our four legged guests in the future.

Again, thanks so much for the feedback. We look forward to making you feel special again in the future.