“Great place for the value”

Best Western Charleston Inn
Ranked #24 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Henderson, North Carolina
“Great place for the value”
Reviewed 12 May 2013

I made the reservation online...checked in without a hitch. Front desk staff nice and helpful. Our room was nice, roomy and clean. The bed was also very comfy and slept well. The bathroom was very well taken care off also. I would have preferred an in room safe to leave some things while out. The breakfast room had the basic fare for this type of service but there was one stand out. The lady that was the breakfast room attendant was fantastic. I have never experienced a person so happy and willing to help you with anything you wanted or needed. Most people in this position are as I put it are.. like dead life. I didn't get her name but she was a gem. My main purpose for a room is a safe, clean and comfortable place to sleep and shower. I can't see paying 2.5-3 times for luxury but of course there is a place for it even for me. This is only a short drive to the Historic District and we had no problem finding parking. If you are going to drive to some of the other attractions, it is conveniently located for going to other locations other than downtown.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Bill R, General Manager at Best Western Charleston Inn, responded to this review, 18 May 2013
Dear RoadKing8084,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us regarding your recent visit.

I was overjoyed to read your review. Comments such as yours are why my staff and I do what we do. We consider all of our associates gems, our breakfast attendant, Linda, is a diamond amongst those gems. Thank you for noticing her hard work.

Again, thanks so much for the comments. We look forward to serving you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Sylva, North Carolina
Reviewed 10 May 2013

I stayed 3 nights and had a great experience. The room was very clean, the breakfast very good. Linda Antwine, working in the Breakfast room did the most wonderful job. She kept it clean, and truly took care of the customers.
This is the best stay ever!!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Bill R, General Manager at Best Western Charleston Inn, responded to this review, 11 May 2013
Dear Lonnie J,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments with us. We really do appreciate the feedback.

I was so happy to read that you enjoyed your visit with us, especially your interaction with Linda in our breakfast area. Linda is truly a superstar on our staff. I am certain she was delighted to read that her hard was noticed and appreciated.

Again, thank you for the review. We hope to serve you again.
Key West, Florida
Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

The lady Genea (hope I spelled right)at the desk (5/6/13) was so helpful and accommodating that she went far beyond what I've ever seen someone at the front desk do. The place was very clean. The prices are very reasonable especially at the beginning of the week.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Diamond3650,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience with us. We really appreciate the chance to interact with our guests through this forum.

I was happy to read that Ja'Na was able to provide such wonderful service during your visit. We consider all of our associates gems; Ja'Na is truly a diamond amongst those gems.

Again, thank you for your comments. We can't wait to see you again.
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed 5 May 2013

the walls and door are paper thin, and when we left the room we returned to find it never closed. never stayed at a hotel that doesn't have the doors automatically close. we were lucky our valuables were still there. it's an external set up so cars are below or in front of the rooms, kids running down the outdoor walkways, just felt like a 2 star hotel. the breakfast was good though.

1 Thank bigredmachine1975
Dear bigredmachine,

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion. We really appreciate the feedback.

I am sorry that you did not thoroughly enjoy your visit with us. We strive to insure that all guests enjoy not only their visit to Charleston but their stay with us as well. In your case, it seems we fell short of this goal. I have directed my maintenance team to investigate the possibility of adding self closing hinges.

Again, thank you for your comments.
Reviewed 1 May 2013 via mobile

The room was spacious and the bed very comfortable, but the room had a musty, damp odor. Breakfast was good with a few extras like blueberry waffles. A helpful staff member in the breakfast room assisted with breakfast and provided Charleston brochures. The check in person outlined on a small map the location of our room, but incorrectly told me that there was no parking on that side of the building. Luckily before we unloaded the car, we found that we could park right outside our room. The check out person was very pleasant. Convenient location to downtown Charleston and far better pricing than the downtown hotels.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear 40404,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We really appreciate the feedback.

I am sorry that you were less then totally satisfied with your recent visit. Our goal is to insure that all of our guests enjoy not only their visit to Charleston, but their stay with us as well. I have directed our Property Operations Manager to inspect all rooms for the damp, musty smell you noted. When found, it will be corrected.

Again, thank you for your comments. We look forward to seeing you again.
New Lenox, Illinois
Reviewed 30 April 2013

This hotel is reasonably priced very close to Charleston, SC. You will need a car, but it only takes about 10 minutes to drive into the downtown Charleston area. The staff was great, the breakfast satisfying (great waffles), and a good bargain.The rooms, though a bit dated were spotless and always cleaned well. Easy and free to print boarding passes before we left for the airport. Highly recommend this property.

Room Tip: We were on the lower level, in back, room 127 I believe. There was plenty of parking most nights.
Dear Spike597,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments. We really appreciate the opportunity to interact with our guests this way.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us. We share these reviews with our staff; I am certain they were equally delighted to read that their hard work was noticed and appreciated.

Again, thank you so much. We hope to see you again.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 29 April 2013

We booked this hotel through a mystery 3 start hotel deal on hotwire.com at a rate of $189 for a Saturday night. Hotel staff was friendly and a continental breakfast is included. The hotel is about 3-4 miles from downtown Charleston, SC and it's about $15 for a cab ride down to King Street. Definitely a much cheaper alternative than paying $400 for a downtown hotel. We wouldn't book this hotel outright for the price we paid but also wouldn't be upset if we booked through a mystery hotel deal and were given reservations here again.

Pros/Cons
-Bed and pillows were comfortable
-Shower had great water pressure
-Mini fridge and microwave was in our room
-Stains on carpet
-Close to restaurants and bars

There was a nice persimmon tree in front of our room!

Dear ZacharyD25,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments. We really do appreciate the feedback.

I am really appreciate that you took the time to share your pros and cons list. I am sorry, however, that you were able to find any cons. As a result of your review, we will be stepping up our carpet cleaning program. I am hope you weren't too inconvenienced.

Again, thank you for your comments. We hope to see you again.