“A clean, comfortable, convenient.”

Best Western Charleston Inn
Ranked #24 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
“A clean, comfortable, convenient.”
Reviewed 17 May 2013 via mobile

We thought BW Sweetgrass Inn was a super value. Our room was very clean, the bed comfortable and the HD TV a nice touch. The desk clerk was very pleasant. Ethernet breakfast selection was quite nice and the dining area well kept and neat. The attendant kindly provided a double cup so the hot coffee could be handled with comfort.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bill A
Bill R, General Manager at Best Western Charleston Inn, responded to this review, 25 May 2013
Dear Bill A,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We appreciate the feedback we get from our guests through forums such as this one.

I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your recent visit with us. As we share these reviews with our staff, I am certain they will be happy to know that their hard work was noticed and appreciated.

Again, thanks for the comments. We look forward to serving you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 14 May 2013

We booked this hotel because of it's close proximity to downtown Charleston and there weren't very many options due to last-minute booking. After staying, we wouldn't have minded the extra 10-min drive down the highway to stay in North Charleston at a nicer hotel for the same or cheaper price. The room was an average size, good enough for the 2 of us. It was clean and in a good area, but the walls are paper thin. If you don't mind paying $100 (after taxes)/night for a 2.5 star hotel, by all means, book here.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank li5254
Bill R, General Manager at Best Western Charleston Inn, responded to this review, 18 May 2013
Dear li5254,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your opinion. We really do appreciate the feedback.

I am sorry that you did not thoroughly enjoy your recent visit with us. Please know that we take these reviews very seriously and are constantly striving to improve.

Again, thanks for the feedback. We hope you'll give us another try.
New Jersey
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Decent hotel. Rooms were not fancy but they were clean and the beds were comfortable. The location on the Savannah Highway was great, close to all of the Charleston attractions. I don't love staying at motels with outside doors to the parking lot, rather than a hotel having a lobby, but I'd probably stay here again because it was clean and convenient.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank aurora1999
Dear Aurora1999,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We really appreciate the opportunity to interact with our guests through forums such as this one.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent visit with us and would consider staying with us in the future. As we share these reviews with our staff, I am certain they will be delighted to know that their hard work was noticed and appreciated.

Again, thank you so much. We hope to serve you again.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 12 May 2013

This hotel is very convenient where it is to Historic Downtown Charleston and the staff is helpful and friendly. The breakfast was good & the service. At night it was quiet overall even if really busy with lots of guests. I travel only a few times a year for business and pleasure and rarely need my schedule changed due work changes. This hotel and in particular, Bill Richardson, the General Manager was very flexible in working with my days I needed to stay where things were changed literally at the time I was in Charleston. I recommend this place for the budget traveler for many reasons.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Dear university99,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to review our property. We really appreciate the feedback.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent visit with us. We strive to insure that all of our guests enjoy not only their visit to Charleston but their stay with us as well. It was great to read that in your case, we came close to our goal.

Again, thanks so much. We hope to see you again.
Henderson, North Carolina
Reviewed 12 May 2013

I made the reservation online...checked in without a hitch. Front desk staff nice and helpful. Our room was nice, roomy and clean. The bed was also very comfy and slept well. The bathroom was very well taken care off also. I would have preferred an in room safe to leave some things while out. The breakfast room had the basic fare for this type of service but there was one stand out. The lady that was the breakfast room attendant was fantastic. I have never experienced a person so happy and willing to help you with anything you wanted or needed. Most people in this position are as I put it are.. like dead life. I didn't get her name but she was a gem. My main purpose for a room is a safe, clean and comfortable place to sleep and shower. I can't see paying 2.5-3 times for luxury but of course there is a place for it even for me. This is only a short drive to the Historic District and we had no problem finding parking. If you are going to drive to some of the other attractions, it is conveniently located for going to other locations other than downtown.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear RoadKing8084,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us regarding your recent visit.

I was overjoyed to read your review. Comments such as yours are why my staff and I do what we do. We consider all of our associates gems, our breakfast attendant, Linda, is a diamond amongst those gems. Thank you for noticing her hard work.

Again, thanks so much for the comments. We look forward to serving you again.
Sylva, North Carolina
Reviewed 10 May 2013

I stayed 3 nights and had a great experience. The room was very clean, the breakfast very good. Linda Antwine, working in the Breakfast room did the most wonderful job. She kept it clean, and truly took care of the customers.
This is the best stay ever!!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Bill R, General Manager at Best Western Charleston Inn, responded to this review, 11 May 2013
Dear Lonnie J,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments with us. We really do appreciate the feedback.

I was so happy to read that you enjoyed your visit with us, especially your interaction with Linda in our breakfast area. Linda is truly a superstar on our staff. I am certain she was delighted to read that her hard was noticed and appreciated.

Again, thank you for the review. We hope to serve you again.
Key West, Florida
Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

The lady Genea (hope I spelled right)at the desk (5/6/13) was so helpful and accommodating that she went far beyond what I've ever seen someone at the front desk do. The place was very clean. The prices are very reasonable especially at the beginning of the week.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Diamond3650,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience with us. We really appreciate the chance to interact with our guests through this forum.

I was happy to read that Ja'Na was able to provide such wonderful service during your visit. We consider all of our associates gems; Ja'Na is truly a diamond amongst those gems.

Again, thank you for your comments. We can't wait to see you again.