“Tidy and well kept except....”

Best Western Charleston Inn
Ranked #25 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
“Tidy and well kept except....”
Reviewed 20 May 2013

The property is well landscaped and the rooms were clean and well appointed. Beware that the weekend rates are much higher than weeknights. The lady in the kitchen was very helpful and deserved tips. Someone needs to open the guest washer and clean it on a regular basis. It was terrible and had not been cleaned in a long time. The dryer....not so bad.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Bill R, General Manager at Best Western Charleston Inn, responded to this review, 25 May 2013
Dear puppyraiser,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments with us. We really do appreciate the feedback.

I am sorry you did not thoroughly enjoy your recent visit with us. Based upon your feedback, I have instructed our maintenance staff to begin checking the guest washer daily. Thank you for this observation.

Again, thanks so much for the review. I hope you'll give us another chance the next time you come to Charleston.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Shreveport, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed 20 May 2013

The hotel is out of the center of town which gives a quieter experience. The grounds and pool area was well tended and very pretty; staff was great. There was a BW in the middle of town but the area didn't look as inviting so we didn't mind the few minutes it took to commute to the areas we wanted to visit. I highly recommend the BW and Charleston. We were there for two days and had great food at two of the locally owned restaurants.

Jo Ann P Shreveport, LA

Room Tip: I like 2nd floor rooms but my other half likes 1st floor so everyone to their own!!!
Dear Jo P,

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your recent visit with us. We really do appreciate it.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. As we share these reviews with our staff, I am certain that they will be quite pleased to read that their hard was noticed and appreciated.

Again, thanks so much for the feedback. We hope to serve you again.
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, Usa
Reviewed 20 May 2013

This was not a pleasure trip because my husband was in the VA Hospital. However, this hotel was convenient to the hospital, had a great breakfast with wonderful personal service, a fitness room and clean accommodations. I will definately stay again.

Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Milton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 May 2013

I spent a long Mothers Day weekend at this hotel this year. My daughter lives in Charleston but it is more convenient for me to stay at a hotel. I was checked in quickly. Found my room easily and it was newly remodeled and had everything I needed. The second day there I met a lovely lady named JoAnn from their housekeeping department. Although I did not require my room be cleaned she replenished everything to make sure I was comfortable and she did it in a very polite and perfessional manner. Just from the few minutes I talked to her I could tell she takes great pride in her job and the property she works at. She is truly an asset to the Sweetgrass!!

Room Tip: Just minutes from downtown Charleston
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Dear Deborah S,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to post a review of your recent visit with us. We really do appreciate it.

I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your visit with us and that JoAnn was able to provide such excellent guest service during your stay.

Again, thank you so much for the wonderful review. We look forward to seeing you again.
Düsseldorf
Reviewed 18 May 2013

Hotel is located outside of the city center on Savannah Highway. From the hotel it is a quick 10 minute drive to Downtown Charleston where lots of parking space is available so we didn´t mind staying outside.

Very warm welcome at the front desk. Quick check-in. Our request for a quiet room was kindly granted. Hotel is divided into two buildings, one building is motel-style with outside hallways and doors facing the parking lot. An advantage that you almost park right in front of your room. We got room 239 in the last building which turned to be extremly quiet. Room smelled a bit musty and the furniture is quite old but was clean. Beds ok.

Very good breakfast selection for a Best Western, they even had hot chocolate. Superb attendent there.

Again a quick and efficient check-out. We would return.

Room Tip: For a quiet room ask for the last building
Dear urlaubsbaerchen,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your observations regarding your visit with us. We really do welcome the feedback we get through sites such as this one.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay and that you would return. We strive to insure that our guests enjoy not only their visit to Charleston but their time with us as well. It was rewarding to read that we came close to achieving that goal.

Again, thanks so much for the review. We hope to see you again.
Reviewed 17 May 2013 via mobile

We thought BW Sweetgrass Inn was a super value. Our room was very clean, the bed comfortable and the HD TV a nice touch. The desk clerk was very pleasant. Ethernet breakfast selection was quite nice and the dining area well kept and neat. The attendant kindly provided a double cup so the hot coffee could be handled with comfort.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bill A
Dear Bill A,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We appreciate the feedback we get from our guests through forums such as this one.

I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your recent visit with us. As we share these reviews with our staff, I am certain they will be happy to know that their hard work was noticed and appreciated.

Again, thanks for the comments. We look forward to serving you again.
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 14 May 2013

We booked this hotel because of it's close proximity to downtown Charleston and there weren't very many options due to last-minute booking. After staying, we wouldn't have minded the extra 10-min drive down the highway to stay in North Charleston at a nicer hotel for the same or cheaper price. The room was an average size, good enough for the 2 of us. It was clean and in a good area, but the walls are paper thin. If you don't mind paying $100 (after taxes)/night for a 2.5 star hotel, by all means, book here.

1 Thank li5254
Bill R, General Manager at Best Western Charleston Inn, responded to this review, 18 May 2013
Dear li5254,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your opinion. We really do appreciate the feedback.

I am sorry that you did not thoroughly enjoy your recent visit with us. Please know that we take these reviews very seriously and are constantly striving to improve.

Again, thanks for the feedback. We hope you'll give us another try.