“A memorable experience”

Best Western Charleston Inn
Ranked #24 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed 14 June 2013

I had no idea what to expect. I needed a room for my daughter and I to have a mini-vacation a couple of days prior to my daughters surgery at MUSC. I wanted to stay near Charleston but somewhere affordable and I found this Best Western Sweetgrass Inn. I was blown away by how nice this hotel was, the rooms are a little small but extremely clean and completely upgraded with new HVAC system and flatscreen TV's, etc. The pool is incredible with it's borderline botanical gardens so well maintained. And the staff!? Customer service you just don't find like that anymore. They were all wonderful, professional and accomodating. We will be back in Charleston and we won't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Heidi S
Bill R, General Manager at Best Western Charleston Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

Dear Heidi S,

First and foremost, I hope your daughter's surgery was successful and her recovery a speedy one. Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a wonderful review.

I was delighted to read that you had a memorable experience during your visit. We do try to insure that each of our guests enjoy not only their visit to Charleston, but their stay with us as well.

Again, thank you so much. We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 11 June 2013

Our queen size room came with a microwave and refrigerator. The room is good size. The shower was great. There is an extra sink outside of the bathroom. The bed was very comfortable (we like a firm mattress). The outdoor pool is quite large. Even though we were 'pool view' we only heard noise at the pool once in the two days we were here. So the rooms are quiet. A full grocery store and many restaurants are close by. Parking is ample. We liked the location because it was a short drive to both historic downtown Charleston and Folly Beach. The only negative is the breakfast. I didn't try it, but my husband said it was "typical mediocre packaged foods."

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RamblingRoses
Bill R, General Manager at Best Western Charleston Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2013

Dear RamblingRoses,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. We really welcome the opportunity to interact with our guests this way.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us. As we share these reviews with our staff, I am certain they will be very happy to read that their hard work was noticed and appreciated. I am sorry your husband did not like our breakfast. We will examine our menu to see where we can improve.

Again, thank you so much. I hope we get the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

I returned home last night from a 6 night stay here. I came to Charleston to hear my daughter perform in the wonderful Spoletto Festival, and I needed a reasonably-priced hotel. I had researched this motel, and I found all of the reviews to be very helpful, and the property was what I had expected since everyone had been very complimentary. However, my stay was unique since I was surprised to find out while I was there that my home had been shown and someone wanted to buy it! I had no idea what I would do about signing all of the papers....So, I asked the desk staff if I could use the fax machine at the hotel. I did not expect their helpfulness, and willingness to do anything to help me! But...they were helpful over and beyond my wildest expectations!!! I TRULY HOPE they will be recognized for their friendliness and eagerness to help me! The only reason I did not give this property 5 stars was because it is a motel rather than a hotel. Pool was great; landscaping beautiful!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo

Dear lindacretella,

Congratulations on your home being sold. And, thank you so very much for the wonderful review. We really appreciate the feedback.

I was delighted to read that our staff was able to take such good care of you during your visit. We do try to make sure each guest enjoys not only their visit to Charleston but their stay with us as well. Obviously, in your case, we came close to achieving this goal.

Again, thank you so much for the wonderful review. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 6 June 2013

This well maintained and attractive motel is right on the main road to take you into downtown Charleston. I stayed two nights. The room was spotless, bathroom very clean and facilities were up to date. I didn't expect the mini fridge or free Internet. The staff was friendly, accommodating and courteous day or night. Free breakfast too with coffee maker in the rooms. The pool looked very clean and the whole area was nicely landscaped and planted with palms.
Incredible deal but also a nice place to stay.

Room Tip: Second level will decrease noise.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank emwenz
Bill R, General Manager at Best Western Charleston Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2013

Dear emwenz,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We really appreciate that our guests take time out of their busy days to share this feedback with us.

I was delighted to read that you were pleasantly surprised during your recent visit with us. As we share these reviews with our associates, I am certain they will be very happy to read that their hard work was noticed and appreciated.

Again, thank you so very much. We hope to serve you again.

Reviewed 5 June 2013 via mobile

Reasonably priced and close to good local restaurants. Room was clean and tidy with a comfortable bed and pool view. My welsh terrier enjoyed looking out the window watching people frolic in the pool.
$20 pet fee was money well spent.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank JtotheCov

Dear JtotheCov.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your recent visit with us. We really appreciate the feedback.

I was happy to read that not only did you enjoy your stay with us, but your furry friend did as well. I remember seeing him sitting in the window, watching people pass by. He looked quite happy. He must have a great owner.

Again, thank you so much for the feedback. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 5 June 2013

The hotel was very good. Staff very friendly and helpful, rooms clean and enjoyed all the flowers on the grounds. Only complaint, which really isn't the hotel, is that the taxi service is poor in that we had to wait 40 minutes for one to arrive. That seems to be the norm there.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Linda S,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your observations. We really appreciate the feedback we get through forums such as this one.

I was happy to read that you enjoyed your recent visit with us. I am sorry, however, that you found the local taxi service less than great. I will share your comments with the companies we recommend. Perhaps it will help them improve.

Again, thank you so much for your comments. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 4 June 2013

The hotel property has been maintained very well, the rooms were very clean and the housekeeping was GREAT, we checked in late in the afternoon and the desk person was being bombarded with calls about the cable being out (it was out all over the state) but she answered all of the questions to the best of her ability and checked us in with a smile, that is great customer service. The breakfast room was very good and had an excellent lady to help us out. The pool is great and ALL of the hotel staff was very helpful. We travel to this area every year and this is the BEST hotel that we have stayed at. We will stay at this hotel anytime we are in the area even if we have to travel a little further it will be well worth it.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Dear Clifford P,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to post such an amazing review of your recent visit. We really appreciate the comments.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay and will stay with us again in the future. We try to insure that our guests enjoy not only their visit to Charleston but their stay with us as well. It seems, in your case, that we came close to this goal.

Again, thank you so very much for the kind words. We look forward to serving you again.