“Great stay”

Best Western Charleston Inn
Ranked #24 of 62 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed 20 June 2008

Went to Charleston for a 2 day family orientation at the College of Charleston. I took my daughter, son and my daughter's best friend. I booked this hotel based upon the great reviews on tripadvisor, the reviews were dead on. The check in was smooth, the price was right, the bed I could just sleep in all day, and the room was nice and roomy. The hotel was located conveniently to Kmart, restaurants and about 5-10 away from campus.

I recommend this hotel for family's wanting the Charleston experience without the Charleston price tag. We will definitely stay here again.

1  Thank Lightcarmel2
SICGM, Bill Richards, General Manager at Best Western Charleston Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2008

I would like to thank this guest for their kind words. It is our goal to make every guests visit to Charleston a wonderful one. It will please my staff to learn their hard work is being noticed.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,302)

Reviewed 19 June 2008

I don't know where some of the less-than-wonderful reviews are coming from, but as a frequent traveler to Charleston, I'd have to say that I love this hotel! The prices are amazing for a property with this kind of prime location. The service is commendable and really attentitive.

For a Best Western, my husband and I were a bit hesitant, but found a great rate through Quikbook.com (BEST site to book through!!)- so that we could take our time looking around but still hold a reservation, without any $$ fee if we canceled. We ended up staying and I'm glad we did! You can't find the location for this amount of money anywhere. The pool was wonderful and always warm and the rooms, although not 5 Star, had everything you could need for a trip to the old south!!

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

It is always such a pleasure to know that our efforts are being noticed. I would like to thank this guest for posting their review and for having such nice things to say about our property.

Reviewed 14 June 2008

This was our fourth stay at the Sweetgrass in Charleston, but the first with the new management. What a huge difference. A breath of fresh air compared to the previous stays. The new desk clerk was so much friendlier, smiling, and didn't make us wait nearly as long. The other desk clerk was a total jerk, talking on the phone, making us wait, giving us the worst room location available, even though we booked weeks in advance. This new team was always polite, smiling, and oozing with southern hospitality. It made our stay so much more enjoyable in Charleston. It's too bad we won't be going back (unless the manager reads this and gives us free hotel days ha-ha).

1  Thank Brianlion
SICGM, Bill Richards, General Manager at Best Western Charleston Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2008

I would like to thank this guest for their review. It is our goal to not only satisfy every guest who visits with us, but to make sure they enjoy their visit to Charleston as well. It is nice for our staff to hear that their hard work is appreciated.

Reviewed 13 June 2008

Just returned from this Best Western and we had a good stay! All of the staff were so friendly, from the desk staff to housekeeping, I have never seen more friendly people. Good breakfast choices.Only thing we did incur was a couple palmetto bugs one night, I think they are pretty common in the area though. Beds were very comfortable and so were the pillows. We would stay again for sure. Oh and my daughter loved the pool, it's really big and clean. Housekeeping did a great job attending the room everyday.

1  Thank pammy7

I am very happy to hear that this guest was satisfied with their stay. Our goal is to not only provide clean, comfortable accommodations, but to make sure our guests enjoy their visit to Charleston. I'm sure our staff will be very happy to learn they satisfied another guest!

Reviewed 12 June 2008

My husband and I stayed here on June 5th and 6th, 08. When I entered the room I was pleasantly suprised at the size of the room with a small sitting area as well. Modern, updated bedding, and a satisfying jump start breakfast. The first morning the tub was VERY slow to drain. But after reporting it to the front desk, the next morning, no problem at all.
We were also very appreciative with the written directions the staff provided us upon request to various tourist sites, airport, ect.
Also enjoyed the computer set up in the entry with free internet.
The hotel is a short drive from the historic downtown. But worth it when you pay the bill. Traffic is a bit harry in and out, but overall tolerable.
I would definately stay again.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

I am very happy to hear that this guest enjoyed their visit with us. And, they're right, our prices cannot be beat when compared to downtown! One of goals is to offer all the charm of a downtown stay at a fraction of the cost. I'm sure our staff will appreciate reading this review and knowing that their hard work is noticed.

Reviewed 15 May 2008

Very pleasant visit. Room was large and very clean. I would return for another visit.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
SICGM, Bill Richards, General Manager at Best Western Charleston Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2008

I would like to thank this guest for posting such kind words about our hotel. As our goal is 100% guest satisfaction, it is always nice to hear we are getting closer to that goal.

Reviewed 5 May 2008

Husband, dog and i stay at this hotel for its proximity to our son's apartment. Hotel is clean, breakfast is o.k., staff and housecleaning crew is super friendly. Hi speed internet works perfectly. Beds were very comfortable. Hotel is quiet, but typical Charleston traffic makes get in and out a typical Charleston challenge.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

I would like to thank this guest for their comments. Our staff always enjoys hearing that their efforts are noticed. We will continue towards our goal of 100% guest satisfaction.