Best Western Charleston Inn
King Charles Inn(Charleston)
US$288
US$251
Official Website
Holiday Inn Express Charleston(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$135
Harbourview Inn(Charleston)
US$394
US$375
US$350
getaroom.com
  • Pool
1,376 results
All reviewsbest westernsfront deskroom was cleanthe breakfast areagreat poolclose to downtownshort drivegreat place to stayfolly beachno elevatorcontinental breakfastwould stay here againyogurtconvenient locationhistoric districtfree parkingsweetgrass
Reviewed 23 June 2008

After reading a few reviews on AAA I was sceptical but found that I had no reason to be! The room was great, clean, much bigger than I expected, had the one ammenity I love-a sink both inside and outside the bathroom to keep getting ready in the morning moving and it included a microwave and refridge!! oh and the A/C purred softly and was easy to adjust.

For $80 +tax a night, (how can you beat that?)

It is easily accessible from main highway and roads, the inground pool was a very decent size, the grounds were kept very clean and tidy, plenty of free parking and the personnel were very friendly. Very quick check in and out. Didnt participate in the continental breakfast (included in the price)

Drawback? Only complaint (if you want to call it that) was the towels were not the huge fluffy towels I love on vacation and there was no fan in the bathroom to help soak up the 'fog'.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NewEnglander040
SICGM, Bill Richards, General Manager at Best Western Charleston Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2008

I would like to thank this guest for their review. We always appreciate feedback, be it positive or negative, as it helps us fine tune our operation. We will look into upgrading our towels during this years budgeting process. Our goal is to make sure every one of our guests enjoys their visit with us and their time in Charleston. It is always a pleasure to hear our efforts are being noticed.

Reviewed 20 June 2008

Went to Charleston for a 2 day family orientation at the College of Charleston. I took my daughter, son and my daughter's best friend. I booked this hotel based upon the great reviews on tripadvisor, the reviews were dead on. The check in was smooth, the price was right, the bed I could just sleep in all day, and the room was nice and roomy. The hotel was located conveniently to Kmart, restaurants and about 5-10 away from campus.

I recommend this hotel for family's wanting the Charleston experience without the Charleston price tag. We will definitely stay here again.

1  Thank Lightcarmel2
SICGM, Bill Richards, General Manager at Best Western Charleston Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2008

I would like to thank this guest for their kind words. It is our goal to make every guests visit to Charleston a wonderful one. It will please my staff to learn their hard work is being noticed.

Reviewed 19 June 2008

I don't know where some of the less-than-wonderful reviews are coming from, but as a frequent traveler to Charleston, I'd have to say that I love this hotel! The prices are amazing for a property with this kind of prime location. The service is commendable and really attentitive.

For a Best Western, my husband and I were a bit hesitant, but found a great rate through Quikbook.com (BEST site to book through!!)- so that we could take our time looking around but still hold a reservation, without any $$ fee if we canceled. We ended up staying and I'm glad we did! You can't find the location for this amount of money anywhere. The pool was wonderful and always warm and the rooms, although not 5 Star, had everything you could need for a trip to the old south!!

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

It is always such a pleasure to know that our efforts are being noticed. I would like to thank this guest for posting their review and for having such nice things to say about our property.

Reviewed 14 June 2008

This was our fourth stay at the Sweetgrass in Charleston, but the first with the new management. What a huge difference. A breath of fresh air compared to the previous stays. The new desk clerk was so much friendlier, smiling, and didn't make us wait nearly as long. The other desk clerk was a total jerk, talking on the phone, making us wait, giving us the worst room location available, even though we booked weeks in advance. This new team was always polite, smiling, and oozing with southern hospitality. It made our stay so much more enjoyable in Charleston. It's too bad we won't be going back (unless the manager reads this and gives us free hotel days ha-ha).

1  Thank Brianlion
SICGM, Bill Richards, General Manager at Best Western Charleston Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2008

I would like to thank this guest for their review. It is our goal to not only satisfy every guest who visits with us, but to make sure they enjoy their visit to Charleston as well. It is nice for our staff to hear that their hard work is appreciated.

Reviewed 13 June 2008

Just returned from this Best Western and we had a good stay! All of the staff were so friendly, from the desk staff to housekeeping, I have never seen more friendly people. Good breakfast choices.Only thing we did incur was a couple palmetto bugs one night, I think they are pretty common in the area though. Beds were very comfortable and so were the pillows. We would stay again for sure. Oh and my daughter loved the pool, it's really big and clean. Housekeeping did a great job attending the room everyday.

1  Thank pammy7

I am very happy to hear that this guest was satisfied with their stay. Our goal is to not only provide clean, comfortable accommodations, but to make sure our guests enjoy their visit to Charleston. I'm sure our staff will be very happy to learn they satisfied another guest!