“Wonderful Stay!”

Best Western Charleston Inn
Ranked #23 of 62 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I reserved the room online and when we checked in there were absolutely no problems. The desk clerk was very friendly and certainly acted as if she appreciated our business. We stayed in a pet friendly room, and I have to say by far this was the cleanest and freshest smelling room we have ever stayed in. The room was clean from top to bottom. The bed was also one of the most comfortable ones I have slept in. I would give it 5 stars, but it was a little pricey for the type of room. Still, I would recommend this hotel to anyone, especially if you are traveling with a pet.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Bill R, General Manager at Best Western Charleston Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2013

Dear James S,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review. We really appreciate the feedback.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent visit with us and found our room to be "the cleanest and freshest smelling". We recently employed a new room deodorizer; your feedback indicates its working. I was also happy to know that our associates made a positive impact upon your visit.

Again, thank you so much for taking the time to share your review. We hope to see you again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,318)

Reviewed 27 October 2013

I really wanted to write this review as I read where people are offended by musty smells. Well let me tell you, mustiness comes with areas of high humidity. So get used to it people! So with that said, I will continue my review. We were really pleased with the rooms, we stayed two nights and we were very comfortable. The room was clean, the beds comfortable. The desk staff was very accommodating and friendly. Our check in was quick and we were told of the free wifi and of their times for complimentary breakfast. We enjoyed our stay and will probably be back.

Room Tip: This hotel has a great pool.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear captmorgnsgrl,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments. We really do appreciate the feedback.

I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your visit with us and found your room to be clean and the beds comfortable. I was also happy to read that you found our staff to be helpful. As we share these reviews with them, I am sure they will be delighted to know their hard work was noticed and appreciated.

Again, thank you so very much. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

When I stayed there the room was musty, the carpet was dirty and stained. The Bathroom has mold everywhere. Everything was in less the mediocre condition.
I do not know if the whole hotel was re-done. But the rooms that are close to the fenced area at the back where NASTY.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DeeAnna K
Bill R, General Manager at Best Western Charleston Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Dear DeeAnnaK,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We really do appreciate the feedback.

I was shocked when I saw your review. The conditions you described are unacceptable and not in keeping with the manner in which we operate our property. I have instructed our Director of Property Operations to examine each and every room for the conditions you described. When found, this situation will be repaired immediately.

Thank you so much for bringing this matter to my attention. I hope you'll give us another chance the next time you visit Charleston.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Good location if you are by car, 2 miles from downtown. Nice room,comfortable, cleanliness, front desk very receptive, I have nothing to complain about. Good Breakfast. Laudry.Simple hotel, worth the price

1  Thank Bruno G

Dear Bruno G,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding your recent visit with us. We really appreciate the feedback.

I was delighted to read your review and to know that you found your room to be "nice".

Reviewed 20 October 2013

A reliable place to stay, we like a breakfast option because when traveling-easier to get going in the am. The breakfast was loaded with carbos and sweet items-the only fruit was bananas but there were hard-boiled eggs and juice so that rounded out the breakfast for me, and, the OJ was not watered down so much as to be water-like. For us, having Turner Classics as a TV option was a wonderful break from usual hotel TV options of talk TV or HBO. The shower head was at the end of its useful life-it squealed and had minimal pressure but overall the room was well-furnished, clean and staff friendly.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Susan T,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review. We really appreciate the feedback we get through sites such as this.

I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your visit with us. I was happy to read that you enjoyed our breakfast and that we offer Turner Classic. I am sorry the shower head was less than perfect. I have instructed our maintenance staff to conduct a survey of all shower heads to insure they are in good working order. Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

Well stayed here again been a few years when we was last here its still the same good service ,nice rooms, great pool, good breakfast bar ,staff very helpful,3miles to Charleston ,fuel station across the road ,the road outside gets busy but i had no problem in or out..will stay again if ever we come back to Charleston.

Dear razUnitedKingdom,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review. We really appreciate the information we get through sites such as this one.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I was especially happy to read that your found our "staff very helpful" and our rooms "nice". As we share these reviews with our staff members, I am certain they will be happy to know that their hard work was noticed and appreciated.

Again, thank you so much for the kind words. We hope to see you the next time you visit Charleston.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

Very nice place to stay especially if you have a pet, Staff very friendly and helpful. Room was done very nice and clean. Best shower I have seen in a hotel in a long time. I liked the ice machine also, you have to use your room key for it to work, prevents others from emptying the machine. Only thing I wish they had, as this is a very historical city, was a concierge available to assist with things. Will stay there next time even w/o one !!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear windhaven302,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review. We really appreciate the feedback we get from sites such as this one.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us. We strive to insure our guests enjoy not only their visit with us but their stay in Charleston as well.