“Great Place to Stay Just Minutes from Downtown Charleston!”

Best Western Charleston Inn
Ranked #24 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We stayed just one night at this hotel, but knew we would be back when we head to Charleston again! We like to stay IN the city, but this is so close, and at 1/3 of the cost of the downtown hotels, it means we can spend more of our time and money on FOOD and FUN! The Sweetgrass Inn staff were wonderful!...friendly, helpful, yet very professional! I NEVER return to a hotel that isn't clean, and well appointed, but THIS one IS, and they will see us again!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank kandj32479
Bill R, General Manager at Best Western Charleston Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Dear kandj32479,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. We really appreciate the feedback.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us. I was especially happy to read that our staff was friendly and helpful.

Again, thank you for your comments. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

I really wanted to stay in the historic district and walk around, but couldn't afford it this time. My husband and I were just passing through Charleston for one night and we were leaving early the next morning anyway. The room was small but nicely appointed.. Upside: double sinks(!), comfy bed, desk, fridge and microwave. For breakfast, my husband's favorite, waffles. The front desk staff was amazing and the breakfast staff even more--she brought his waffle to the table when it was done! The only negative was that the bathtub was a bit tired, with some rust stains. for the price, it was a comfortable night's stay. I heard the desk clerk talking to clients about leaving their car here while they went on a cruise. I'd definitely recommend this hotel for that purpose.

4  Thank NCTime

Dear NCTime,

I am sorry your stay was less than perfect. I have directed our Maintenance Manager to examine all tubs for rust stains, and to eradicate any he finds immediately. Thank you for bringing the situation to my attention.

Again, thank you so much for the feedback. We hope to serve you again.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Staff was very professional and all paperwork was prepared and ready for me to sign at counter when I arrived. Room was very clean, shower was great, comfortable beds, and of course, just a few doors down from the most amazing Early Bird Diner. Very satisfying stay.

Room Tip: our room was in the back and very quiet, parking just outside the door was nice
1  Thank Brenda R

Dear Brenda R,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We really appreciate the feedback.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent visit with us and that our staff was able to provide such great service. As we share these reviews with them, I am sure they will be excited to know their hard work was noticed and appreciated.

Again, thank you for your comments. We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went on a cruise for our honeymoon. We left out of Charleston. We searched for places to leave our car for the week. We looked at the port parking and it was going to be $116. That meant we would have yo drive down the day we left for the cruise. I started looking at hotels and Best Western had a park and sail plan. For $125 we were able to stay the night before the cruise have breakfast and park the car for a week. That also included transport to the port. I called them before booking to ask questions and they were so helpful. They were also very nice when we got there. I would definitely recommend this hotel, especially for cruises.

• Stayed: December 2013
3  Thank priceae

Dear priceae,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We really appreciate the feedback we get from sites such as this one.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit with us and that our Park and Cruise Package gave you more bang for your buck. I hope you had a truly enjoyable time on your cruise.

Again, thank you for your comments. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

I chose this hotel because of the price and I could leave my car there while we cruised. We arrived in the early evening and the check in process was easy. The girl at the front desk wasn't overly helpful or friendly but we got our room keys and all was well. I booked 2 rooms side by side and both rooms appeared clean. The rooms are older but you could tell that they had recently paintedand tried to remodel. The rooms were clean and beds were soft. We turned in fairly early as we were heading out for our cruise the next morning. Around 3am I hear my bag with snacks in it moving, turned the light on, and there was a rat eating my chex mix....after some initial panic I called the front desk...they offered to move me to another room. I was surprised at the lack of concern initially but it was fine and we moved to another room. I didn't sleep well after that and the following morning I headed to the front desk to turn in our keys. The lady that morning was amazing. ..we ended up getting our room for free and on the other room they waived the parking fee. I didn't expect to get a free room but I was appreciative and she was very apologetic. I know this happens and this hotel is all outdoors so I can see how this could happen. Because of the friendliness of the lady that morning, I would consider staying again in the future. My car was safe when we returned so that is also a plus! Overall, it was a good stay, reasonably priced and friendly staff.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank jordannat

Dear jordannat,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We really appreciate the feedback.

I was so sorry to hear about the unfortunate incident which occurred during your visit. You'll be happy to know that your furry intruder was caught and disposed of. I was happy to read that my staff was able to make you feel more comfortable about the situation.

Again, thank you for your comments. We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The hotel was clean and well kept. We brought our pet with us and stayed in a pet-friendly room. There was plenty of outdoor room to walk our pet and pet-friendly areas. We were missing something in our room, but it was supplied within minutes by friendly staff. All of the employees were very talkative and friendly with us. We spoke with others at our continental breakfast that stayed with the hotel often and they stated that they never stay anywhere else while in the Charleston area.

1  Thank Brenda D
Bill R, Manager at Best Western Charleston Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Dear Brenda D,

I would like to express my gratitude for the review you posted. I was pleased to see that you found the hotel clean and well kept and that you also felt the staff was friendly and accommodating. Thanks again for the lovely review and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed 24 December 2013

This was one of the nicest hotels. Comfortable beds and room. Nice and helpful staff. Excellent breakfast buffet with hot items. Would really recommend this to anyone. We were very welcomed even with our dog. The value was amazing and they did not even charge us a pet fee!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank klstebbins1

Dear klstebbins1,

Many thanks to you for posting such a fabulous review about your recent stay with us. I was very pleased to see that you really enjoyed the deluxe continental breakfast bar and that you found the staff nice and helpful. We strive to provide the best service possible so I am happy that you were totally satisfied with your experience.