“Nice needs updating”

Best Western Charleston Inn
Ranked #24 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

My mother stayed at this hotel for a stay and cruise package. Shower was very nice and the beds slept very good. Needs a little outside updating but overall pretty nice. The only problems we ran into was the printer in the lobby not being able to print. They told is to go next door to the sleep inn (apparently they own both) but it still didn't print. That was quite frustrating. Brandi in the lobby was very helpful in trying to help and says she would address the situation and problem. There was also not an elevator which was very inconvenient considering we had enough luggage for a week. I wish we would have known this before. They had a very secure and safe location to leave a car for a week. For the price, there's not
too much to complain about.

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Ilovetraveling0615
Bill R, Manager at Best Western Charleston Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Allilivesay,

Thanks so much for your recent stay with us. We are delighted that you chose to stay with us to take advantage of our park and cruise package. I was disappointed to see that you experienced difficulty when trying to print in our business center. I was able to address this issue with our computer tech that quickly corrected this issue. It was great to see that you felt our beds were comfortable and that Brandi was very helpful.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

I have been staying here for business as many as 45 nights a year for over 5 years . The entire staff here is so friendly and so helpful , You feel right at home and this is my home away from home when I'm in Charleston SC .

Room Tip: love the first floor rooms . Just my preference
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Ron P
Bill R, Manager at Best Western Charleston Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Dear Ron P,

It is such a pleasure to receive a review from one of our may long term guests. It is and always will be a pleasure to serve you. We pride ourselves on making you feel home away from home. The staff is always delighted to read a response such as this. It lets us know that hard work really does pay off. Please continue to visit as we enjoy taking care of you.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We had looked at this hotel a few weeks ago, but decided on the Best Western in Mount Pleasant SC, due to the location of my business trip. This trip was just a quick overnight personal get away for my wife and I and we decided on this location due to our plans the next day. It was a great choice as we were away form the hwy which = quite, the room was perfect and the location was easy to access off the interstate.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
2  Thank Joseph R

Dear Joseph R,

Thanks so much for choosing to stay with us for your recent leisure trip to Charleston. We really do appreciate your feedback. I am glad that we provided you a quite and easily accessible location. We would love the opportunity to serve you if you find yourself in the Charleston area again.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Clean comfortable stylish rooms. Everything you expect from a BW. Location is lousy - no decent restaurants in walking distance, and my mapquest directions did not help me find it, so be careful. The street is noisy and unattractive, but a 20 minute taxi drive will take you into Charleston, which is lovely.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank jayne52red2014

Dear jayne52red2014,

Thank you for posting this review. I am happy to see you found our rooms clean and stylish. It was a pleasure to see we provided you with what you expected from Best Western. I do apologize that you felt the location to be challenging as we are right off of a major US highway and conveniently placed in the middle of several wonderful restaurants.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stayed in this hotel the night before leaving for a cruise from Charleston. This is a great value because it is close to Downtown Charleston but not so close that you wind up paying the high prices of staying right downtown. They have a special rate that offers a shuttle to and from the cruise ship. It is a bit more than the regular rate but covers parking your car there while on the cruise and the cost of the shuttle. The staff was beyond helpful in a professional, yet friendly way. I will definitely stay here when I visit Charleston again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Julie S

Dear Julie S,

Many thanks to you for posting such an awesome review. I was so delighted to see that you decided to use our property for your park and cruise experience and that you found the staff to be beyond helpful in a friendly yet professional way. Thanks again for staying with us and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Great location for exploring Charleston. Quiet and all staff there were so nice and helpful. Easy access to downtown and historic district. Stayed in back building and it was very quiet. Only downside - no eve later for second floor.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ssncl

Dear ssncl,

Thanks so much for taking time to post this review. We really do appreciate the feedback. It was great to see that you found the property to be quiet and all the staff you encountered to be nice and helpful. Thanks again for choosing us.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Let me first begin by saying that this hotel is OLD... but it is very clean. We stayed here 2 nights while attending a wedding in Charleston. There are no elevators, so if carrying bags/suitcases up a couple flights of stairs would be an issue... do NOT stay here... or get a 1st floor room. The pool is very nice and large, we went swimming once while we were there! The beds are super comfy, and I like that they give you lots of pillows! The continental breakfast was very basic... we weren't that impressed and the second day didn't even eat it. This hotel also charges you a $2 resort fee per day..which we thought was hilarious... mainly because there was nothing special about it. They did have a fitness room but all it consisted of was a bike and treadmill. But whatever. Would we stay here again? Probably not. Mainly because there are plenty of other hotels which the same price that are nicer. But it worked for while we were there. I will say, it is in a good and safe location. :)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Bill R, General Manager at Best Western Charleston Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Dear LBennettRN,

Thanks so much for taking the time to post a review. We really appreciate the feedback we get through sites such as this one.

I was happy to read that, for the most part, you enjoyed your visit. While it is true we don't have an elevator, our staff members are always available to assist with luggage if necessary. We don't charge a "resort fee" but we do charge a Destination Marketing Fee, which we collect on behalf of the City of Charleston. I'm sorry if this wasn't explained correctly by our staff. I'll be sure to reinforce their training.

Again, thanks so much for the review. We hope you'll give us another chance if you return to Charleston.