“nice location for everything we wanted to do”

Best Western Charleston Inn
Ranked #24 of 62 Hotels in Charleston
Saint Louis, Missouri
“nice location for everything we wanted to do”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Hotel staff were very good at this hotel. Our room was average but the view from our window was awesome. Nice big flowering trees to look at every morning. Breakfast was about what you normally get for continental style breakfast. Bed was comfortable and room was kept adequately cleaned. Room could use a few updates but all in all we were very comfortable here and I'm pretty picky about hotel rooms. ;-)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank jeanne1963
Bill R, General Manager at Best Western Charleston Inn, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Dear jeanne1963,

Thank you very much for posting a review. We really appreciate the feedback we get from sites such as this one.

I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your visit with us. I was especially pleased to read that you found our staff very good. As we share these reviews with them, I am sure they will be delighted to read that their hard work was noticed and appreciated.

Again, thanks so very much. We hope to see you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Baltimore, United States
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This hotel is a very good place to stay. I have stayed here in the past and I'm sure I'll do it again in the future. The rooms are very clean and the beds are comfortable. It would be nice if tv guides were in the rooms. The pancake machine is a nice addition to the breakfast. The outside breakfast tables could use a good cleaning. Overall it was a nice stay.:)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Valeria D
Dear Valeria D,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your visit. We really appreciate the feedback.

I was very happy to read that you found our property a "good place to stay." I was also happy to read that you liked the pancake machine. It is a nice addition to our breakfast bar. The outside dining tables have been scrubbed; thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Again, thanks so much for the review. We look forward to seeing you again.
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We were at the back side of this hotel and for some reason my husband accidentally left the door unlock or let say he taught he locked it, but unfortunately, again we forgot to grab some important stuff from our car, the next morning, its gone... One more thing they do not change the beddings coz I can feel the sands in our bed, and also we do not have facial tissue for like 2 days, though I don't use it a lot, that's how you can tell that the housekeeper is not really paying attention what is need to be done.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Keng77va,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent visit. We really appreciate the feedback.

I am so sorry someone entered your car and took your belongings. It is so unfortunate when the act of a criminal can ruin an honest person's vacation. I am also sorry that you found our housekeeping service to be less then perfect. I have shared your comments with our Housekeeping Manager. He has pledged to improve the inspection process so these types of errors are found and corrected before our guests find them.

Again, thank you so much for the review. We hope you'll give us another try.
Athens, Georgia
Reviewed 3 July 2014

The hotel staff were very nice and helpful, and the hotel is at a great location. The room was nice, and it had everything we needed. Breakfast was good. Our only problem was that the hairdryer wasn't working properly, and when we turned on the air, the room got really humid. Other than that, everything was great!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank joyworld111
Bill R, Manager at Best Western Charleston Inn, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Dear joyworld111,

It was a pleasure to serve you. I do apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay. I did review these issues with my maintenance team to ensure all hairdryers and air conditioning units are working properly. I am delighted that you enjoyed all staff interaction. Thanks again for staying with us.
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Very outdated and overpriced motel. The nice things about the hotel are the location (close to downtown Charleston), the staff (very helpful and extremely nice) and the pool. Unfortunately, the room was very old and worn and there was a drainage problem with the bathtub. I will stay at another hotel the next time.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Dear 529loric,

Many thanks to you for posting this review. We do appreciate feedback be it negative or positive as we find it helpful in improving the service we provide. We are soon to start a very impressive renovation at our property that will surely provide a better guest experience. I did see that you enjoyed the convenience of the location and the staff interaction. We would love the opportunity to provide you with the awesome level of service we know that we are capable of..
Mount Airy, North Carolina
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Exceptional hotel! I'm not the type that requires 5 star lodging, so I booked one of the cheaper hotels in the area. The room smelt fresh (despite being a smoking room), and every inch was clean. Upon inspection, the sheets were laundered and in pristine condition. Comfortable, pillow-top mattress! Although the rooms surrounding us were booked, I never heard our neighbors.

(Basic Necessities) The continental breakfast served every morning had a variety to choose from- oatmeal, fruit, baked goods, etc. In the office, they had coffee all day and a variety of creamers. I also appreciated the hospitality of the ladies working the desk. My companion printed out several documents from their guest computer and the ladies didn't bat an eye when he drained the printer of ink. Requests for additional soap and towels was met with generosity. The refrigerator in our room was a bit larger than those at other hotels and actually kept leftovers salvageable!

(Location) The hotel is away from the busiest part of town, but in convenient proximity (10 minutes from downtown Charleston). Located on Savannah highway, its quieter than most areas and the AC unit actually drowned out any residual traffic hum. Ample parking on site within feet of your room. The area north of the hotel is residential and seems to be an alright area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SamanthaTeal89
Dear SamanthaTeal89,

Thanks so much for this awesome review. It was wonderful to see that you felt we were an exceptional hotel. I am so delighted to see that you found the linens in the room to be in pristine condition. It appears that you were also satisfied with the complimentary breakfast. I am happy that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks again for this fabulous review.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I would recommend this hotel when visiting Charleston, especially if you have your own transportation. It is cheaper than staying in downtown Charleston and not that far away. It was a pretty standard room, but clean. The bathrooms were small. The breakfast was a standard hotel breakfast, When we arrived we were informed that they had not booked us in a first floor room as requested and if we wanted this we would have to move in a few days. It was because we wanted a non-smoking room and they had failed to give us one. One of the drawbacks was that outside the second floor staircase some local construction workers who were staying at the hotel long term had set up a barbecue grill. They sat out there at the bottom of the stairs and grilled, drank beer, and talked loudly every night. It was disturbing. The management was going to ask the workers to take down the grill in the future because other customers complained as well. The continental breakfast workers were very attentive.

Room Tip: I would stay here again.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear TGWinkle,

I am glad that you found our hotel to be a cost effective alternative to the downtown hotels with easy access back into the historic district. I do apologize that your request was not honored. We always strive to fulfill every special request. We can generally accommodate these requests if booked directly through the hotel as third party requests are generally looked at on the day of arrival. I also apologize that you found other guests to be a disturbance to you during your stay. We can assure you that this type of behavior is not tolerated as we want to provide all of our guests with a positive experience.