“Enjoyed our stay”

Best Western Charleston Inn
Ranked #23 of 62 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Very Professional and Welcoming. Comfortable beds. Very nice breakfast room and patio. Nice large, well maintained swimming pool. Needed a room repair and was taken care of immediately. Good location.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Sheryl S
Bill R, General Manager at Best Western Charleston Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Dear Sheryl S,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review. We really do appreciate it.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent visit with us. We share these reviews with our associates; I am certain they will be very happy to know that their hard work was noticed and appreciated.

Again, thank you so much for the comments. We look forward to serving you again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,318)

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I was in a smoking room, the only one they had left. Visibly floors were dirty, the furniture was old, the refrigerater did not freeze, the desk and the chair was in an udesireable place (blocked pathway), the computer chair was broken and almost fell. I could hear the conversations of the people next door and I could smell the marijuana they were smoking through the connection door, but was too afraid to complain.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank G3m1ni

Dear G3m1ni,

Thank you for your review. We really appreciate the feedback we get from sites such as this one as it allows us to improve.

I am very sorry that you did not thoroughly enjoy your visit with us. Our goal is to offer each of our guests a clean, comfortable room with excellent guest service. Obviously, in your case, we fell far short of this goal. I have instructed our Director of Facilities to examine each smoking room and to insure they are in perfect condition.

Again, thank you for your review. We hope you'll give us another chance.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Excellent . Not a single negative thing to say. As clean and comfortable as much more expensive places I have stayed. This is the first review I have ever bothered to do. This was my first trip to charleston, and I could be almost anywhere I wanted to sight see in about ten to fifteen minutes.,every staff member I had contact with truly defined southern hospitality. Thanks Janie.

Room Tip: Extremely clean, very centrally located to downtown, restraints, parks, and shopping. A bargain for...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank O3627LSSharonb
Bill R, General Manager at Best Western Charleston Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Dear O3627LSSharonb,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We really appreciate the feedback.

I was delighted to read that you had no negative experiences during your recent visit with us and that our staff was able to make such a positive impact upon your experience. I am certain they will be quite happy when they read your review.

Again, thank you so very much. We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Great location right outside of historic area, clean, quiet and a really good breakfast included. Price was less than half of historic area hotels. Would definitely stay again! The clerk at the front desk was extremely helpful with directions to town even though she was very busy with phone calls.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Maureen D

Dear Maureen D,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We really do appreciate the opportunity to interact with our guests this way.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent visit with us. We strive to offer clean, comfortable accommodations with excellent guest service. It seems, in your case, that we came close to our goal.

Again, thanks so much for the review. We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Hotel staff were very good at this hotel. Our room was average but the view from our window was awesome. Nice big flowering trees to look at every morning. Breakfast was about what you normally get for continental style breakfast. Bed was comfortable and room was kept adequately cleaned. Room could use a few updates but all in all we were very comfortable here and I'm pretty picky about hotel rooms. ;-)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jeanne1963

Dear jeanne1963,

Thank you very much for posting a review. We really appreciate the feedback we get from sites such as this one.

I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your visit with us. I was especially pleased to read that you found our staff very good. As we share these reviews with them, I am sure they will be delighted to read that their hard work was noticed and appreciated.

Again, thanks so very much. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

This hotel is a very good place to stay. I have stayed here in the past and I'm sure I'll do it again in the future. The rooms are very clean and the beds are comfortable. It would be nice if tv guides were in the rooms. The pancake machine is a nice addition to the breakfast. The outside breakfast tables could use a good cleaning. Overall it was a nice stay.:)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Valeria D

Dear Valeria D,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your visit. We really appreciate the feedback.

I was very happy to read that you found our property a "good place to stay." I was also happy to read that you liked the pancake machine. It is a nice addition to our breakfast bar. The outside dining tables have been scrubbed; thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Again, thanks so much for the review. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We were at the back side of this hotel and for some reason my husband accidentally left the door unlock or let say he taught he locked it, but unfortunately, again we forgot to grab some important stuff from our car, the next morning, its gone... One more thing they do not change the beddings coz I can feel the sands in our bed, and also we do not have facial tissue for like 2 days, though I don't use it a lot, that's how you can tell that the housekeeper is not really paying attention what is need to be done.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Keng77va,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent visit. We really appreciate the feedback.

I am so sorry someone entered your car and took your belongings. It is so unfortunate when the act of a criminal can ruin an honest person's vacation. I am also sorry that you found our housekeeping service to be less then perfect. I have shared your comments with our Housekeeping Manager. He has pledged to improve the inspection process so these types of errors are found and corrected before our guests find them.

Again, thank you so much for the review. We hope you'll give us another try.