“Clean, affordable, and staff was very nice.”

Best Western Charleston Inn
Ranked #24 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Indiana
“Clean, affordable, and staff was very nice.”
Reviewed 2 January 2010

We were looking for a hotel close to our kids for the Christmas season and found this via tripadvisor. We were very happy with the room (ground floor: handicapped) and were glad we could pull up in front of the room for easy unloading of our luggage,ect. The pilllows were a little lumpy, but other than that, it was a nice, clean, affordable room. The woman at the front desk was very nice and helpful with directions. I would reccommend this to anyone traveling on a budget.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
SICGM, Bill Richards - General Manager at Best Western Charleston Inn, responded to this review, 5 January 2010
Many thank to this guest for taking the time to post their comments as well as for choosing to stay with us. I am sorry the pillows were a little lumpy; we do change them frequently.

Again, thank you for your comments as well as your patronage!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 December 2009

We stayed here for 6 days while taking in the sites of Charleston. Overall a nice hotel. The grounds are beautiful and the hotel is painted a pleasant peach color. Our room looked out onto the pool which was also nice although it was too cold out to use. The hotel is located in a business district with a lot of car dealerships, convenient to downtown and local restaurants. Rooms are clean and comfortable and have an added bonus of microwave and mini fridge which we took advantage of. The staff is very courteous and helpful, especially the woman who monitored the breakfast room - very sweet. Continental breakfast is more than adequate but make sure you get there early as it gets crowded and they close it up by 9:00.
My only complaint is that the walls are super thin. I could hear my neighbors every time they showered or used the bathroom as if they were in my own room. I also had a neighbor who snored very loudly, hearing him even over the sound of the t.v. Also, there are only 4 rooms with king sized beds so if that's an issue for you, this may not be the place for you.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
SICGM, Bill Richards - General Manager at Best Western Charleston Inn, responded to this review, 3 January 2010
I would like to thank this guest for taking the time to post their review as well as choosing to stay with us. We always appreciate guest feedback, as it assists us in improving our operation. I am sorry that this guest found our walls thin, but they are constructed of concrete block. Perhaps in an upcoming renovation we can examine adding more sound proofing.

Thanks again!
Coastal NC
Reviewed 19 November 2009

My husband and I just returned home from Charleston, SC. We stayed at the Best Western Sweetgrass Inn while we were there. The staff was extremely helpful and very pleasant to be around. The hotel was clean and well supplied.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
SICGM, Bill Richards - General Manager at Best Western Charleston Inn, responded to this review, 22 November 2009
I would like to thank this guest for taking the time to share their comments. We truly believe that the difference between an average hotel and an excellant hotel is the people. We strive to insure that every guest enjoys not only their stay with us, but their visit to Charleston as well. I am sure my staff will be very happy to know that their hard work was noticed.

Thanks again!
St. Louis
Reviewed 11 November 2009

The rooms and grounds were clean and generally well maintained. The rooms could possibly go for a remodel in the near future, but they certainly weren't bad. Front desk staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Location is great IF you don't want to pay a premium for the downtown-area hotels--it's an easy 10-min. drive downtown and a few more minutes to the beaches. If possible, avoid rush hour when coming/going--it's terrible on that road...simply pulling out of the hotel is a chore at that time of day. MY ONE COMPLAINT: Housekeeping was NOT very good. Though the room was kept clean, they repeatedly forgot to replace toiletries, etc. They took our soap on day 1 and never replaced it for the remaining 2-3 days we stayed. Coffee was only sometimes replaced. It just seemed like they were in a hurry, and thus didn't adequately stock the room. In short, this hotel is not the nicest, but certainly not the worst, and as such, is a pretty great value when factoring cost/location.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
SICGM, Bill Richards - General Manager at Best Western Charleston Inn, responded to this review, 16 November 2009
I would like to thank this guest for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review. I am shocked that this guest experienced such terrible housekeeping service. I have discussed this review with our Housekeeping Manager. As a result of this guest's comments, we have stepped up our housekeeping inspections and found the housekeeper in question. This individual has been re-trained and the issue corrected. Many thanks to this guest for bringing the problem to my attention.
South Carolina
Reviewed 6 November 2009

This place was worth every cent. My only problem was making a left turn out of the parking lot. Other than that, I loved the place. There is a wonderful scent, and my husband and I were looking for where it was coming from. It was probably the sweetgrass. The gardens were kept up very nicely, as was the room. The free breakfast featured hard boiled eggs, waffles, cereal, assorted muffins and danishes and yogurt, in addition to juice, coffee and tea. Coffee and tea was free 24 hours in the lobby, and they offered flavored creamers, which was great. I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
SICGM, Bill Richards - General Manager at Best Western Charleston Inn, responded to this review, 9 November 2009
I would like to thank this guest not only for taking the time to post their comments but for staying with us as well. We appreciate all guest feedback, as it is a valuable tool in our mission to improve our operations. I am sure my staff will enjoy reading these positive comments.

Again, thank you for your business and your comments!
Georgia
Reviewed 28 October 2009

I just returned from a girls weekend to Charleston where we stayed at this hotel. What a great place. Very convenient to downtown (10 minutes), Folly Beach (15 minutes) and the airport (15 minutes). Rooms are roomy with fridge, microwave, desk (with free Wi-Fi), 2 chairs and a table. TV sits in a nice armoir. Two sinks are very convenient. Large bathroom. Breakfast was cleaned up before 9 a.m. leaving people without (this is my only complaint). Otherwise, well worth the money and very convenient. Front desk staff was very convenient, although the directions they have at the front desk leave a little to be desired. Bring a GPS or good map. Would definitely stay here again and recommend to friends.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends
SICGM, Bill Richards - General Manager at Best Western Charleston Inn, responded to this review, 30 October 2009
I would like to thank this guest for staying with us and for taking the time to post their comments. We appreciate all guest feedback as it is a valuable tool in our effort to constantly improve our operations. I was very pleased to read that this guest enjoyed their visit with us.
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 October 2009

This hotel is very nice and the staff is great. Special thanks to Monque, and I'm sure I spelled her name wrong, if she is not in your management program, she should be. All the staff is great. The grounds are very nice and taken care of. I would love to stay there again. Short drive to downtown.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
I would like to thank this guest for their business and for taking the time to post their thoughts concerning our property. We always appreciate guest feedback as it helps us fine tune our operations.
I am glad this guest enjoyed their visit with us and their stay in Charleston.