“Very satisfied with this hotel”

Best Western Charleston Inn
Ranked #24 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed 8 July 2010

We were very satisfied with our stay here. We had a really nice 2nd floor room overlooking the pool. Having a refrigerator & microwave in the room was great - we stopped at a grocery
store for some food & didn't have to eat out so much. The extra sink & mirror outside the
bathroom was very useful. We enjoyed using the pool after a long hot day of sightseeing. The breakfast had a lot of choices & it was nice eating on the patio . We had no problem driving into downtown or coming back & it was convenient for going to Magnolia Plantation.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
SICGM, General Manager at Best Western Charleston Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2010

I would like to thank this guest for taking the time to post their comments. We always appreciate guest feedback as it allows us the opportunity to improve our operation. I am sure my staff will be very happy to read that their hard work is being appreciated.

Thanks again! We look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed 28 June 2010

We were a group of 11 Ladies and had 3 rooms for one night. Everyone found the staff very pleasant and willing to help. Maintenance even came and helped me get a soda out of the machine that got stuck. Rooms were clean, good breakfast and it was an over all great stay. From making the reservations to checking out everything went with ease. Will stay at the Sweetgrass Inn again when in Charleston.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
SICGM, General Manager at Best Western Charleston Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2010

Many thanks to these guests for taking the time to post their comments. We always appreciate guest feedback of any kind as it allows us to consistently improve our operation.

We look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed 12 June 2010

We had originally stopped at 4 other hotels on this Friday night at around midnight not realizing there was a festival going on in Charleston. The Marriott Courtyard wanted $236 + tax and we couldn't justify that to stay for approximately 8-9 hours to sleep. We went to the Best Western Downtown and the lady working there was very helpful and nice and started calling other hotels for me even though she was fully booked. She ended up calling the Best Western Sweetgrass and we were very happy with our stay. She even went outside with me to point me in the right direction to find the hotel. Our room, although older, seemed very clean and well kept. I am very picky about cleanliness and didn't see anything that looked out of order. We had a small refrigerator and microwave, although we didn't use them. We only stayed here for a few hours because we were leaving on a cruise that Saturday. But I wouldn't hesitate to stay again if needed. Everyone at the desk was very helpful with directions. They even gave us a sheet with directions written back to downtown to the port area. The grounds were also clean with people working around the next morning cleaning the lot and emptying trash containers. We ended up paying $129 + tax which I thought was reasonable considering the rates I had been quoted closer to downtown. Oh- also the air conditioner was the coldest I have ever encountered in a hotel room which I loved. (Easily adjusted if you would want it warmer.)
The only downside to this hotel could possibly be I did see quite a few rooms on the bottom level that had animals inside, cats in the window seal, dogs barking with the room door open, etc. They must have certain rooms that are animal friendly. Since we got there so late we stayed at the back of the hotel. The rooms open to the outside. But I didn't hear any of these animals when I was actually in my room. So it didn't bother me at all.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
SICGM, General Manager at Best Western Charleston Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2010

I would like to thank this guest for taking the time to post their comments as well as for choosing to stay with us. We appreciate all guest feedback as it allows us to constantly improve our operation.
As we post these reviews for our staff to read, I am positive our staff members will be very happy to read that their hard work is being noticed.
Again, thank you for your comments. We hope you had a great time on your cruise!

Reviewed 4 June 2010

Room had a terrible, cloying odor. Nothing would clear the smell. Room was very small. Hard to move around with luggage, computer, etc. Breakfast was below average. Pool looked nice, but we didn't try it. There are many hotels in the area. Stay away from this one.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aggada
SICGM, General Manager at Best Western Charleston Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2010

I am sorry this guest did not enjoy their stay with us. We always value guest feedback, be it positive or negative, as it is a valuable tool in maintaining quality accommodations. We pride ourselves on offering clean, comfortable accommodations at a fair market price. Obviously, in this guest's case, we fell far short of our goal.
I have directed my operations team to inspect each room for an odor such as that described in this review. Once found, we will treat the room accordingly.
Our breakfast currently exceeds Best Western standards and features, waffles, fresh baked cinnamon buns, danish, juice, coffee, cereal, bagels, toast, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, and fresh fruit.
I would like to thank this guest for taking the time to post their comments so we can improve our operations.

Reviewed 1 June 2010

Pleased with accomodations. Lite breakfast fare. Most reasonable for area.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
SICGM, General Manager at Best Western Charleston Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2010

I would like to thank this guest for their comments as well as their patronage. We place a high premium on guest feedback as it allows us to improve our operations. I only wish this guest had given us more ffedback as we do take it very seriously.

Again, many thanks for the comments and for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed 1 June 2010

Ask for the main building rooms. Those must be the ones shown in the on-line photos. We were in the back building. Had to get a 2nd room, they are way too small for 4. So the $$ spent for 2 rooms may have been better spent for a suite elsewhere. Location was good & lots of good choices for breakfast. I reserved though Book-It and felt we were placed in the least desirable room.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank JAGmass

I would like to thank this guest for taking the time to post their comments. We appreciate all guest feedback, as it assists us in our goal of constantly improving our operation.

I am sorry this guest felt they did not receive an excellant room. The rooms available to third party websites are our standard rooms. I wish this guest had asked, our upgraded rooms are available for only $10 more per night. As there are a limited number of these we do not make them available through the third party websites.

If this guest returns to Charleston, they should contact us directly so we can insure they receive the room type that best suits their needs.

Again, thank you for the comments!

Reviewed 1 June 2010

Stayed here 3 days in May. We were very pleased with rooms; good price, lots of space and nice and clean. Also had nice workout room, great pool and good variety for breakfast. The hotel was close to stores, restaurants, and downtown. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
SICGM, General Manager at Best Western Charleston Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2010

I would like to thank this guest for taking the time to post their review. We place a high premium upon guest comments as they allow us to constantly improve our operation.

It is always rewarding to hear that we have done a good job. I am sure my staff will be excited to read this review as well.

Again, thank you.