“Great little bar with Amazing Thai Cuisine”
Review of Aromas - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Aromas
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 6 December 2010

I discovered Aromas on a visit to Charleston. Went in for a $2 beer on a Saturday night and fell in love. The Blues music was great followed by rock band that was also very entertaining. Have since moved to Charleston and go to Aromas a lot. I have discovered that the food is also incredible. They did have a period of time where the service suffered, but those people seem to have been replaced with a friendly staff. The owner will usually greet you at the door and everyone will treat you well.

Reviewed 5 December 2010

I visited Aromas when I first came to Charleston a year or so ago. The food was not the best and the service was mediocre. I stopped back in while I was in town this past weekend and I was VERY pleasantly surprised.

I was lured in by the great discounts advertised in the doorway. But I soon found that they've clearly cleaned house at Aromas. The food was excellant, the service was pleasant and attentive and the manager even came to our table and gave us a free appitizer when we mentioned the poor service we'd received on our last visit.

Overall, Aromas was a great meal for a low price. The lunch menu is especially attractive as it offers a variety of traditional Thai favorites for almost half the price of the dinner entres. Drink specials were the best we found the entire weekend and the wait staff provided a fun and upbeat atmosphere.

I would definitely recommend Aromas to anyone in the mood for some great Thai food.

Reviewed 20 November 2010

Food was bad and could have been made by an 8 year old. Staff was inattentive, and this weird dirty looking pony tailed wife beater wearing "cook" kept drumming on a table the whole time (guess he had free time since the place was dead). Only plus is they must be trying to make it cleaner since the whole place smelled like pine sol. Better places to eat in the area. STAY AWAY!!!!

1  Thank george311
Reviewed 17 November 2010

This past weekend my husband and I visited Charleston for a wedding and had a craving for Asian food. After discovering Aromas, we decided to dine in. We were attended to immediately after being seated. We found the wine selection to be wonderful and complementary with the food. My husband ordered the chicken pad thai (which he LOVED) and I ordered the basil duck which I found to be out of this world! Our server never let our drinks hit the bottom of the glass and was determined to keep us happy! Aromas is located right on the market and includes window seating that looks into the market. We highly recommend this place and plan to return in the near future!

1  Thank LindseyBurk
Reviewed 21 October 2010

Terrible service. Did not like my food. Waitress did not even come to our table til the end. Would not comp my food... Very very rude. We were appalled. We have never been to a mcdonalds that was this nasty or ridiculous!

1  Thank Krysykat77