We love Charleston and have been coming back every winter for almost a decade now and the only place we would ever consider staying is the Battery Carriage House. It is definitely our home away from home and we’ve stayed there up to two weeks at a time. We love the history, the location, the atmosphere, the quiet, but mostly the staff – they are wonderful, especially the manager Elizabeth, and Gena and Crystal who do so much to help make your stay pleasant. You can’t stay any more south of Broad than the Battery Carriage and yet have walking access to most of Charleston. The only reason we would not recommend it is to make sure we have no problem in making a reservation in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our historic Charleston inn offers true Southern charm accommodations amongst a backdrop of one of the most serene areas on the peninsula. We are located right in the heart of Charleston's iconic Battery area and only steps away from the promenade with stunning views of the Charleston Harbor. You will be close enough to everything you wish to see and do while enjoying our fair city, while returning to relax in your peaceful slice of Lowcountry paradise. Let our staff guide you during your Charleston journey, and help ease any potential travel woes. We are always more than happy to assist in any way we can! Tea and cookies will be here for your midday pick-me-up, and unwind before enjoying an evening on the town with wine and cheese in our lobby. We look forward to seeing you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Battery Carriage House Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 1843 Battery Carriage House Hotel Charleston
- 1843 Battery Carriage House Inn b&b