We were temped by the hauntings that have been documented here. The reviews led us to believe that the price was worth the trip and that the accommodations were plush. They are not close to plush. I feel that a high-end bed and breakfast should have an hors d'oeuvres hour and a fairly special breakfast. The hors d'oeuvres consisted of three pieces of cheese for the whole B&B-about 1 inch by 3 inches, and the worst wine possible. The breakfast was simple continental, definitely not up to B&B standards, served in our room. We almost broke our necks on the carpet that continuously slid on the slick floor. And the floor was the loudest squeaky floor that I've ever heard. Beds were fine. We were greeted by the manager upon our arrival, and we found her to be out of sorts and not forthcoming with information. We felt as if we were imposing on her to ask anything. There were a few basic things about the B&B and the room that were never explained. And the parking - I was told that there was plenty, but it was scarce and we were told that it would be nonexistent in a few days due to a new city regulation. I hope that they get this fixed. The other concierges were more friendly and accommodating. We may possibly have had a little haunting, which is fun, and the neighborhood is beautiful, and the story of the house quite interesting. I recommend this with hesitation, but I must admit that the overall experience was okay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our historic Charleston inn offers true Southern charm accommodations amongst a backdrop of one of the most serene areas on the peninsula. We are located right in the heart of Charleston's iconic Battery area and only steps away from the promenade with stunning views of the Charleston Harbor. You will be close enough to everything you wish to see and do while enjoying our fair city, while returning to relax in your peaceful slice of Lowcountry paradise. Let our staff guide you during your Charleston journey, and help ease any potential travel woes. We are always more than happy to assist in any way we can! Tea and cookies will be here for your midday pick-me-up, and unwind before enjoying an evening on the town with wine and cheese in our lobby. We look forward to seeing you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Battery Carriage House Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 1843 Battery Carriage House Hotel Charleston
- 1843 Battery Carriage House Inn b&b