If we had read the reviews before we had booked our stay we would not have gone ahead. We are so glad we did and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Staff were all very friendly and helpful. Rooms were very nice and comfortable and in-keeping with the character of the main house. we enjoyed complimentary cheese and wine and a wonderful continental breakfast in the very pretty garden. If we wanted to be very picky the only negative would be that the bathrooms could benefit from a little up-dating. But all towels were crisp and white. Location is fantastic, right in the middle of properties worth several million dollars. although our room was at the back of the house it was really pretty and would stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our historic Charleston inn offers true Southern charm accommodations amongst a backdrop of one of the most serene areas on the peninsula. We are located right in the heart of Charleston's iconic Battery area and only steps away from the promenade with stunning views of the Charleston Harbor. You will be close enough to everything you wish to see and do while enjoying our fair city, while returning to relax in your peaceful slice of Lowcountry paradise. Let our staff guide you during your Charleston journey, and help ease any potential travel woes. We are always more than happy to assist in any way we can! Tea and cookies will be here for your midday pick-me-up, and unwind before enjoying an evening on the town with wine and cheese in our lobby. We look forward to seeing you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Battery Carriage House Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 1843 Battery Carriage House Hotel Charleston
- 1843 Battery Carriage House Inn b&b