The Vendue Charleston's Art Hotel(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$181
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$230/night.

Free cancellation until 21/07
US$295
  • Breakfast included
French Quarter Inn(Charleston)
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$263
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$351/night.

Best Western Charleston Inn(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$114
King Charles Inn(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$205
US$194
Official Website
Town & Country Inn and Suites(Charleston)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$136
Sleep Inn Charleston(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$103
Holiday Inn Express Charleston(Charleston)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$136
US$116
US$366
  • Pool
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$479/night.

All reviewscredit unionfree trolleymedical centerwaffle makerfree breakfastclose to downtowndowntown charlestonyogurtwould stay here againhistoric areafree parkingroom was clean and comfortablecookiesmusccollegeuber
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I was originally assigned to room 322 and found 3 roaches (one dead in the refrigerator, one in the bathroom and one crawling out of the clock radio). The staff did move my room to 202. After I checked out, I noticed that my card was charged an additional $227 and the manager confirmed that was a mistake and would be resolved within 24 hours. The issue was not resolved. The manager said that she would be able to fax a letter to the bank. After checking my account the following day, I found that in addition to the $227 there was another (accidental) charge of $421 on my account from the Comfort Inn.After calling again, the manager said that she would fax the bank and call me back within 15 minutes. None of that was done. I called the comfort inn headquarters and they said that they would take note of my issue and apologized for my experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank cml424
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I just called the Comfort Inn in Charleston to check on my reservation that I made for my son and his wife for Friday of this week. We wanted to let them know that we were placing their room on our credit card and to insure that they would not be asked to pay on arrival. The person I talked to was so rude, I could not wait to get off the phone. She acted like it was a chore to talk to me. As someone who worked in information and referral for five years, I know a little about how to conduct yourself when you speak to a customer/client. This woman (don't know her name), does not belong in a job with customer contact! Hope their stay is nicer than my experience!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mdgirl63
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. It has recently been renovated and our room was spacious, clean and comfortable. Parking was alright though crowded but we were allowed to park next door, at the bank. Location of the hotel was very good. There is a free trolley that brings you right to the historical centre and comes by every 30 min. It's also right next to the highway so it was very convenient to go to sites like Magnolia Plantation. The breakfast was definitely not great but it was free so I don't see much of a reason to complain. Wifi went down while we were so the staff offered for me to use the front desk computer if needed but I was on vacation so I didn't really see the point of spending time online. The staff was overall really courteous and helpful.

Overall, I think this hotel is a great value. If you want a fancy hotel then be prepared to pay the price in downtown Charleston. If you want to pay budget prices (which in comparison with hotels in the area, this is) then I think standards (like the breakfast) have to be lowered slightly. I personally look for cleanliness, comfortable bed, and convenient access to local attractions which this hotel provides. I will be returning for sure.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ameliefb
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I booked this hotel because I wanted an affordable hotel in the center with free parking, internet and breakfast... This is what you get:
unreliable and slow internet.
ok breakfast that ends at 9 AM and where you almost have to fight for a table since there are nowhere near enough tables to accomodate the guests in this tight schedule (really not the way I want to start my morning, one morning it was so crowded we just left...)
ok parking, if the hotel is not full, ours was for one of 3 nights and we had to park a few 100m away at a bank, having to leave by 8 AM latest (valet return is offered).
Location: too far to really profit nicely from historic downtown, so we just drove and parked in battery street (free)...

So unless you have the hospital to go too, save some money and don't bother staying in "downtown", especially since visiting plantations will probably be a big part of your activities there anyway...

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Magus_11
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Everything from the gorgeous suite to the pleasant helpful front desk personnel was perfect. I'm used to getting a less than wonderful room when I book with the AARP rate at many hotels, so to open the door into a huge suite (2 double beds, sofa, armchair with hassock, dining table, fridge & microwave, and closet the size of many hotel rooms) was a very pleasant surprise. Everyone we encountered was very helpful in heading us to a good meal downtown: FREE Crab Dip appetizer coupon for Hyman's; and a private Taxi/Limo Service ($8 each way) which dropped us at the restaurant and picked us up at another location because we decided to take a short stroll after dinner. There is a FREE shuttle service at this hotel, too, but we opted for the taxi as my companion has mobility issues and can't negotiate a shuttle bus. Nice spacious Breakfast area (FREE full breakfast) with varied assortment of hot and cold options. Very clean. Comfortable beds. Quiet even with it being located across from a major hospital and our requesting room near elevator. To stay in Charleston for roughly what we paid to stay along the Interstate for the rest of our trip ($119) was a very welcomed surprise.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family