“Road side place to rest with lots of hair. Nothing more.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #58 of 60 Hotels in Charleston
Orlando, Florida
“Road side place to rest with lots of hair. Nothing more.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

I am not a fussy traveller. I am used to staying in rodeway inns and econolodges, and other budget hotels; but this one really needed a little TLC.

Check-in: arrived at about 1:00am. Staff member was on the phone with a personal call. Seemed annoyed to be interrupted. Process was quick but staff was a little rude and unfriendly.

Room: non-smoking king. Room didn't smell of smoke. Carpet was clean. Few bugs in the room and spiders living on the door. Lots of hair in bathroom, toilet was unclean. Hair in the sink. Hole above light fitting above sink. TV did not work. AC was VERY VERY noisy. Sounded like there was a part not tightly fixed. AC did keep the room cool but made it hard to relax and go to sleep. Hair on AC unit control. Bed was comfy and large. Yellow stain on duvet, but the rest of the sheets were ok. Fridge and microwave in room, seemed ok. Hair in fridge.

Surrounding area: plenty of parking spaces. Parked in a well lit area opposite Waffle House. Car didn't get broken into.

Breakfast: usual sort of cereals & milk. Coffee was out. Hair on the side of my cup of juice. Few honey buns available.

Hope this review was useful and as informative as possible. I will stay at other budget motels again, but probably not this one.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank JamieP407

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

Got here late at night and we should have known to move on by the smell in the lobby... At first he gave us a smoking room and it wasn't until I made up a story about being allergic to cigarette smoke that he magically found a non smoking room. The chain lock on the door had been broken off, which was a bit terrifying. The carpets were stained yellow with cigarette smoke anyway.. the bathroom looked like it was kept up by undergrads and had what looking like pubes in the tub... the smoke alarm was missing... burn holes in the chair... intimidating groups of guys outside... I wabt to get out of here now so I'll leave it at that

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
8 Thank erik895

Travellers are raving about these Charleston hotels

Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

This was by far the worst hotel we have ever walked into, when Jeffrey and I walked into our room we noticed right away that the chair was broken. This got our attention so we inspected further, we then noticed the phone didn't work, the TV was black and white and no remote, the bathroom was filthy. The toilet had not been cleaned. The fridge was nasty. Plus the sheets had red stains on them. We notified the front desk who told us to go back to the room turn the TV on manually and then use the remote. Still not satisfied we went back to the front desk and our complaints were questioned by the front desk clerk so we showed her the pictures we had taken and she didn't seem to want to be bothered or offer us another room, so we stated we would leave and were told their where no refunds. I can't believe this is a Hotel that holds a Choice Hotel's flag. Avoid this place at all cost.

Room Tip: Check your room
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Jeffrey S
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

I stayed in this hotel with my family this past weekend. We rented two rooms and didn't have any issues with bugs as other reviewers have mentioned. The bathroom left a bit to be desired. It wasn't dirty so much as old. We were only given one bottle of shampoo (for three people) in our room, but they were happy to provide us with extra.

There was a microwave and a mini-fridge in the room, which was a nice surprise. Unfortunately however, someone had at some point left a can of coke in the freezer and it was evident where it had exploded. We had issues with the cable in both rooms, but management was quick to sort it out.

Breakfast was Little Debbie honey buns, stale cereal, and Sunny D.

All in all, I wasn't really dissatisfied with my stay, but I do think it's incredibly over-priced for what we got.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Kelly0229
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013

I am a very tolerant person always looking for silver linings but I'm finding it difficult for this particular hotel. I tried to find an inexpensive place to stay with my family because we knew we would get in late and essentially only sleep in the hotel. I've stayed at Econolodges before and have been pleasantly surprised each time. The manager of this particular motel was nice enough, and I'm sure he's doing his best...but I'm very disappointed in this Econolodge. The outside appearance is not great, but I try not to judge a book by it's cover. And upon entering the room seemed clean enough - definitely nothing special. I trust the Choice Hotels to work with owners/managers so that visitors have a clean and healthy place to stay. I paid $91 in total for a hotel with a dirty tub, moldy bathroom, fixtures coming off the walls, and German roaches. I didn't see the roaches until after breakfast or we wouldn't have let my family eat the honeybuns in plastic wrap. The breakfast was Little Debbie honeybuns, cereal, and bread with coffee and orange mix drink. My son took out a piece of bread but he told me - to him it didn't smell right. He was correct. The bread was starting to ferment. Even if you see only one German roach, it means there is an infestation...if you see even one there are hundreds in the walls and food is probably not safe to eat. The owner/manager needs to get this place clean and healthy before anyone stays here. We couldn't get out fast enough for this particular Econolodge.

Room Tip: There were several hotels along the same highway that were about the same price. I would recommend t...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank kellisimo69
SC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2013

This hotel is ok for the price we paid ....just take my advice ,,,if staying on a weekend,,,ask for a room on the side that Waffle House is NOT on,,,so much noise we didnt sleep after driving all day...good location...close to everything...just needs a little updating and maybe a fence or wall to block noise out!!

Room Tip: Please Please ask for a room on the other side NOT next to Waffle house(that is IF you want to sleep...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank racinchick
Healdsburg, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2013

The rooms are big. The location is good. This is an old building in need of some renovation, but it's not bad. At $45/night (internet rate), you'll get very good value. Only one downer: the complimentary breakfast is barely adequate...cold cereal, cellophane wrapped sweet rolls, and toast. But there's a Waffle House next door. Service was prompt and courteous.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business