This building was formerly the main building of The Citadel Military Academy, so it's got a lot of history and is very pretty inside and out. The location is on the north end of town, very near the museum, shuttle, aquarium and some historic homes.The staff was very helpful, too. The room rate includes breakfast, which includes made-to-order omelets, fresh fruit and good coffee. Maybe the only downside is that the room only had a small window, since the building was designed as student housing and not as a hotel. But for me the other good qualities more than made up for this, and I would certainly stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A historic landmark, within the walls of the original Citadel, the Embassy Suites Historic Charleston is a grand restoration and is well located, adjacent to Marion Square, and walking distance to many major Charleston attractions including the College of Charleston, MUSC, fabulous restaurants and King Street shopping. Enjoy our complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and nightly Manager's reception. We look forward to welcoming you to the Holy City with warm, Southern hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Ebookers, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston - Historic Charleston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Historic Charleston Hotel Charleston
- Embassy Suites Charleston
- Charleston Embassy Suites