Stayed here for 3 nights in a room with two double beds. The hotels is located close to all the attractions. The room was clean. There were 4 of us staying together, so we wanted a larger room. If you sleep on the pull out, be aware, that you hear everything in the hallway. It echos throughout the hotel. The breakfast was adequate for being included in the price. The evening happy hour is a nice touch, but it gets busy and a long line forms for drinks. They only had one bar tender working. I did find it odd that the bar was not open to buy a beverage other than during the happy hour. I would recommend this hotel for families or groups of friends needing a larger room. If I return to Charleston with just two of us, I think I would try to stay somewhere more quaint or closer to the French Quarter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A historic landmark, within the walls of the original Citadel, the Embassy Suites Historic Charleston is a grand restoration and is well located, adjacent to Marion Square, and walking distance to many major Charleston attractions including the College of Charleston, MUSC, fabulous restaurants and King Street shopping. Enjoy our complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and nightly Manager's reception. We look forward to welcoming you to the Holy City with warm, Southern hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston - Historic Charleston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Historic Charleston Hotel Charleston
- Embassy Suites Charleston
- Charleston Embassy Suites