Just returned from three nights at this hotel. Overall, a lovely experience. On the plus side--the location! Walkable to all parts of the central historic district but not in the thick of tourism (like the Doubletree). Also, the staff was extremely attentive, polite and helpful. Our TV went out (in the middle of the Oscars!) and they had an engineer to the room within minutes. Good breakfast. And, the ambiance of the lobby is quite charming.
The rooms, themselves are smaller (for an Embassy Suites) and quite dark. We had a "park view" but the window was small and hidden by our armoire (no closet). It was also expensive as hotels go but seemed to be average for Charleston.
That said, it was the perfect place for a girls' weekend in Charleston!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A historic landmark, within the walls of the original Citadel, the Embassy Suites Historic Charleston is a grand restoration and is well located, adjacent to Marion Square, and walking distance to many major Charleston attractions including the College of Charleston, MUSC, fabulous restaurants and King Street shopping. Enjoy our complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and nightly Manager's reception. We look forward to welcoming you to the Holy City with warm, Southern hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston - Historic Charleston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Historic Charleston Hotel Charleston
- Embassy Suites Charleston
- Charleston Embassy Suites