We decided that we wanted to pay the extra money to stay in the historic section of Charleston. We knew it would be pricey but the great breakfast and the cocktail hour we hoped would make up for it.
This is the original home of the citadel and reminds me of a Moorish castle We pulled up in our car and a bellman was there to help us unload our car and take it to our room as well as valet parking it. The extra $4 for valet parking was well worth it.
All rooms surrounded an interior courtyard with fountain, sofas, chairs, etc. The room (408) looked like many of the typical Embassy Suites though this one seemed to be a little smaller and dated. We had two windows in our room but one had no view because of the architecture of the building and the other was right next to the bed - literally you could not walk between the bed and the window. I think the rooms could have been larger and to cut down a little bit on the interior courtyard since that was very large.
There are two areas for breakfast in the morning. Around the fountain in the courtyard are the regular items you would see on a breakfast buffet including scrambled eggs. In the lounge area by the front door is where they had the cooked to order eggs. You needed to take a piece of paper and fill in your name and what you wanted. It probably took about 10-15 minutes to get it depending on how crowded it was.
Behind the hotel was the Visitor's Center and the trolley stop. That made it very convenient for us. We were able to walk downtown to the City Market and back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A historic landmark, within the walls of the original Citadel, the Embassy Suites Historic Charleston is a grand restoration and is well located, adjacent to Marion Square, and walking distance to many major Charleston attractions including the College of Charleston, MUSC, fabulous restaurants and King Street shopping. Enjoy our complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and nightly Manager's reception. We look forward to welcoming you to the Holy City with warm, Southern hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston - Historic Charleston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Historic Charleston Hotel Charleston
- Embassy Suites Charleston
- Charleston Embassy Suites