Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston - Historic Charleston
King Charles Inn(Charleston)
US$228
US$217
Official Website
Holiday Inn Express Charleston(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$130
US$124
2,033 results
All reviewsoriginal citadelevening receptioncooked to order breakfastmarion squarefree happy hourbrick wallbreakfast staffking streethistoric charlestonfarmers marketwithin walking distancevalet parkingfree breakfastcocktail hourfirst floorvisitor's centerlocation is great
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We went on a Walk Through History tour, part of which took us through our hotel, the Embassy Suites, the original Citadel (military academy). He pointed out a number of historically significant places in the hotel, told stories of unexplained events occurring on tours a few years back, like a chandelier swinging with no apparent cause and a tale or two about ghost sittings in the building. When we got back to the hotel, I took a shower. As I was gathering my things in the bathroom, I heard what sounded like a something falling. When I opened the bathroom door, the giant wall mirror on the opposite wall came crashing down at my feet, flipping over and wedging between me and the cabinet it had been hanging over. Very scary and almost too coincidental for a non-believer like me!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
10  Thank 95WorldTraveler
Lauren_Stutts, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston - Historic Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are delighted that you had the opportunity to learn about the interesting history behind our hotel and look forward to having you back again.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

This was the perfect location for a romantic getaway. So many restaurants within walking distance and is also within walking distance to the market. We were well taken care of by the hotel staff and thoroughly enjoyed the made to order breakfast and dinner reception. The hotel staff was attentive and quick to meet our needs and the room was very spacious and comfortable. We will return!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
1  Thank Kristi H

Thank you for your 5 star posting. We appreciate your summation and agreement with others that boast of our "perfect location, attentive hotel staff, and spacious and comfortable rooms. We are pleased to hear you will return to our property next time you're in town.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

This hotel couldn't be more conveniently located and has a wonderful historic feel while still being clean and with all the modern amenities. Breakfast was included and was delicious. I would recommend it for anyone traveling to see historic Charleston.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
2  Thank edss
Lauren_Stutts, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston - Historic Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are so pleased to read you enjoyed the historic feel of our hotel and you thought our complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast was delicious. Hope you keep us in your travel plans next time you visit Charleston!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I stayed three days here, and it was spacious, clean, and comfortable. It is walking distance to shopping and dining. The breakfast was very good and filling. I do have one complaint. Under the bed skirt of one of the beds a jagged piece of sharp metal was sticking out. I sliced my leg on this and it was very painful! I told the front desk and she said she would send maintenance to fix it. She wasn't very concerned. I told her my main concern was that a child or anyone else would have the same thing happen. My family and I stayed clear of it once we knew it was there. Maintenance never fixed it, and I imagine someone else will experience the same trauma soon. Room 326. Please fix this so no one else is hurt.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank mrsrobinson42

We're happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and thought our hotel property was close to everything. However, we apologize you cut your leg on the metal bed frame. We ordered and replaced the bed frame directly after you checked out, but we genuinely apologize you hurt yourself during your stay with us. Please accept our deepest regrets that this unfortunate incident occurred. We hope you keep us in your future plans next time you're in the city of Charleston.

Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed staying here. It was nice but it didn't blow me away. It was clearly an older building, which, in a historic city like Charleston isn't terrible. The breakfast and manager's reception were nice. I wish breakfast would've gone a little later than 9:30. Water pressure and temperature were inconsistent in the bathroom and the bedroom was a little cramped, but that's what you get in an older building. For what we paid I would have expected a larger room. My daughter loved saying hello to "Charlie" and "Patty" the bird greeters in the lobby.

Stayed: June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our historic property. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with our complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and evening reception. However, we sincerely apologize that you felt the water pressure was inconsistent and the bedroom was slightly cramped. The management team is looking into ways of improving the hotel and future guests' stays. With this in mind, we hope you consider staying with us the next time Charleston is in your traveling plans.