This is a great place to stay if you want to see Charleston on foot. Centrally located one block of bustling King St, and walking distance to N/S Market. Skip Saturday breakfast and check out the enormous farmer's market chock full of fresh produce, artisanal items and a LOT of food, just next door in the park.
The rooms are huge, but lacking windows. Staff were incredibly accommodating and cordial in true southern style. Rooms were clean and comfortable. The breakfast bud
We loved the complimentary happy hour each night, and made-to-order breakfast was also a nice perk, thankfully, because the buffet was mediocre at best. The dining area could have been keep cleaner.
Overall, a good experience, especially for the location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A historic landmark, within the walls of the original Citadel, the Embassy Suites Historic Charleston is a grand restoration and is well located, adjacent to Marion Square, and walking distance to many major Charleston attractions including the College of Charleston, MUSC, fabulous restaurants and King Street shopping. Enjoy our complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and nightly Manager's reception. We look forward to welcoming you to the Holy City with warm, Southern hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston - Historic Charleston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Historic Charleston Hotel Charleston
- Embassy Suites Charleston
- Charleston Embassy Suites