Hotel is within walking distance of all the major spots in downtown Charleston. The atrium was a nice place to sit and have a drink. The furniture in the room has an antique look, the sofa cushions not comfortable due to being a pullout. The open bar in the evening is always a plus when staying at Embassy.
Pool area needs some refurbishing, there was some algae buildup around the edges. Maybe a thorough cleaning.
Staff was friendly and helpful. Bed was comfortable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A historic landmark, within the walls of the original Citadel, the Embassy Suites Historic Charleston is a grand restoration and is well located, adjacent to Marion Square, and walking distance to many major Charleston attractions including the College of Charleston, MUSC, fabulous restaurants and King Street shopping. Enjoy our complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and nightly Manager's reception. We look forward to welcoming you to the Holy City with warm, Southern hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo, Hilton Hotels Direct and Expedia so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston - Historic Charleston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Historic Charleston Hotel Charleston
- Embassy Suites Charleston
- Charleston Embassy Suites