My sisters and I visited Charleston over the weekend of August 6-9. We chose Embassy Suites based on the reviews and location as it is right in the shopping district. The pictures on the website made the hotel seem newly remodeled and on the road to plush. We we arrived we were impressed by the charm of the historic lobby and Jimmy at the front desk (very nice guy and quite helpful). The good impression ended the minute we stepped off of the elevator and onto our floor. The hallway looked as though it hadn't been vacuumed in weeks. When we entered the room I was reminded that I should pick a hotel thinking my room would actually look like the picture on the website. The air conditioning panel was leaning up against the wall rather than screwed in. The ceiling and walls were terrible. Drywall hell! The toilet didn't flush right the whole time though we called maintenance each day and were told each time the problem was fixed. The beds were tiny. The floors were uneven so all the furniture was leaning. The wet bar sink faucet spit some kind of slimy build-up every time we turned it on. Every day our towels had hair on them from previous users. I have been known to be a room diva, but for the sake of my group I put my big girl panties and stayed there for 3 nights. I've stayed in Days Inn's nicer and cleaner than Embassy Suites. Jimmy at the front desk should try to get a job at The Francis Marion because he is overqualified for that hotel. If by chance you choose to ignore my warning, walk across the street to Spa Adagio in the Francis Marion and let Thomas give you a massage. He is incredible!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A historic landmark, within the walls of the original Citadel, the Embassy Suites Historic Charleston is a grand restoration and is well located, adjacent to Marion Square, and walking distance to many major Charleston attractions including the College of Charleston, MUSC, fabulous restaurants and King Street shopping. Enjoy our complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and nightly Manager's reception. We look forward to welcoming you to the Holy City with warm, Southern hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Odigeo, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston - Historic Charleston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Historic Charleston Hotel Charleston
- Embassy Suites Charleston
- Charleston Embassy Suites