La Quinta Inn & Suites Charleston Riverview
US$318
  • Pool
Indigo Inn(Charleston)(Great Value!)
  • Breakfast included
King Charles Inn(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$409
US$262
  • Breakfast included
Town & Country Inn and Suites(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$147
French Quarter Inn(Charleston)
US$446
Hotels.com
1,142 results
All reviewscalifornia dreamingfolly beachclose to downtownacross the bridgejames islandeasy accessshuttle serviceyogurtashley riverfree shuttlehistoric districtpetsmusccitadel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 August 2014

My expectations going in were not very good at all recognizing that this is your typical Hotel/Motel chain, but this LaQuinta was worse than those expectations on every level. I hate when that happens. The one positive was the staff was courteous and friendly, and to their defense, it is obvious that this LaQuinta is highly understaffed. I expected a clean room, but it was only spot cleaned at best overall, and the bathroom was dirty. The carpeting was filthy, and the room had poor ventilation. The AC unit was inefficient as it was always running even at room temp. Parking after sun down will require a long walk back, as their additional parking lot is on only one side of the building. I actually found the very last spot in the entire lot at the time, which was right near the outside edge of the lot, parked next to a truck with a trailer carrying a large boat. They offered complimentary breakfast and coffee (which I really could care less about) as I am always more concerned about the cleanliness and up-keep of the hotel itself.....and that just couldn't be found at this particular LaQuinta. I would not recommend this LaQuinta to any potential guest, but I would recommend the management to make every effort to improve the cleanliness and maintenance of their hotel. The carpeting could really use a serious steam cleaning too.

Room Tip: I would look elsewhere, either downtown Charleston, or closer to the airport, even for a few dollars more.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Joe O
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I must preface this by saying that we love La Quinta most of the time as we frequently travel with dogs. Not being familiar with Charleston and looking at the price of hotels being over $200/night on a weekend I went with this property which was still $170/night. First of all it was a little difficult to get to. I had reserved a harbor view, but in some confusion upon check-in that was overlooked. We ended up with a room on the first floor, backside of main building by highway - view of some wooden screen that I think was to block room from view of guests passing by. I went to the desk to ask for the harbor view I had reserved and was told that we'd have to move to another building and it would be two doubles. This was after a small confrontation between the two desk clerks. The senior jumping on the newer one who was not doing things to suit her. Then I was told to check back in the morning and she'd see if something else was available. The room was definitely in need of a reno and some TLC. It was mostly clean, but just left something lingering in the back of your mind. It had a weird smell. Not really pet urine, just funky. Fortunately I had some Febreeze and a plug in airfreshner which got us through the night. I refused to walk barefoot on the carpet. The next morning I got on my computer, located a Marriott property that I could see from our hotel and made a reservation at a Residence Inn for $50 more. I told the desk clerk that we had decided not to stay that night and we checked out.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before checking in to see if it meets your standards.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sharon B
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I travel for business frequently. This location suits me well for the purpose of my travels. If you are looking to vacation and see downtown Charleston as well as Folly Beach it's GREAT for that too.
The corners of the room and bathroom were filthy. That being said I don't spend much time in the room so I just sucked it up and went on with my plans.
A little work ethic and elbow grease would go a long way at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
2  Thank ssmit059
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We were traveling to Charleston from California to visit my son, daughter-in-law, and two grandbabies, and wanted to find a reasonably priced, reputable hotel nearby. La Quinta has always had a pretty good reputation and this particular location had very competitive rates and was rated as 3 stars.

After our late check-in, we noticed there was no iron in our room. So, being close to the hotel reception desk, we ventured over and mentioned it to the associate behind the desk. He was very helpful and personally searched and delivered an iron to our room.

The next thing I realized was that one of the three pillows in our room was down, and the other two were foam. I'm allergic to down, so again we approached the reception desk and asked if we could get foam pillows and that I was allergic to down. The housekeeping lead happened to be present and the desk clerk asked the housekeeping lead. I had to explain what a feather down pillow was and that I wanted to replace it with foam. Housekeeping was still clueless and were unable to fulfill my pillow request.

The breakfast, which is included in the price, was not bad and there seemed to be a variety of offerings including make-your-own waffles, muffins, pastries, cereal (hot/cold), hard-boiled eggs (warm, kind of weird), toast, bagels, fresh fruit, juice, coffee. There was an outdoor swimming pool and a fitness room, but we did not use these facilities so cannot comment.

A pleasant attribute to this hotel is that it is located right next to a marina and waterfront, and there is a nice restaurant within a short walking distance (California Dreamin').

The room was somewhat clean, but not to our standards. The reason I'm giving the hotel a 2 is due to the shower and the lack of resonsiveness. Our room was a handicap-friendly room (not by choice), and the shower was a walk-in style with the edge being about 1/4" high from the floor. About 3 seconds after turning on the shower faucet, the drain starts to back up. We struggled with turning the water on and off just to soap up and rinse off; worried about flooding the entire bathroom from the shower overflow. The next morning we mentioned it to the desk clerk on duty and she said she would have maintenance would come fix it. Well, they never did. By the third day, we asked for another room and they said there were none available. Then we asked to have the drain issue fixed. After our 5th and last day there, we decided never to stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank YohMama58
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

I thought this LQ was a little expensive for what you get. The staff was friendly and it was great that my dogs could stay with me. My room had a musty smell and was just old. There was just nothing special about this hotel. I would never stay if I didn't have pets.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends