Holiday Inn Charleston Riverview
Charleston Marriott(Charleston)
  • Pool
Wentworth Mansion(Charleston)
1,124 results
All reviewstop floorfree shuttlegreat view of the riverashley riverrooftop restaurantshuttle servicebreakfast buffet isdowntown areahistoric districtan older hotelfolly beachthe hotel offersfront desk staffshort driveaaronmuscmarsh
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 August 2011

For the price, I just can't accept what this hotel has to offer. I stayed 2 nights for business, and I was glad to leave. Had I booked earlier, I would never have stayed there; however, I had a last-minute need and this was one of the more "reasonably" priced hotels left. While it was generally clean, the front desk staff was less than amicable, food was sub-par, and the rooms were dated. There is flourescent lighitng in the rooms, which are failry dated in spite of their recent upgraded linens, tv, etc. Overall, I am sure this was a nice place to stay at one time, but after visiting colleagues who stayed in surrounding hotels (e.g., Marriott), I can say I there are much better values for similar money.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
JustFred1974, Director of Revenue & QA at Holiday Inn Charleston Riverview, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2011

Thank you for having chosen our Holiday Inn Charleston Riverview; we appreciate your business. We are glad you found our room upgrades to your liking, although you mention that our rooms are dated. Our hotel recently went through an extensive renovation this past winter in which every square inch of the rooms where upgraded; beds, TV's, furniture, bathroom vanities, etc. Every light bulb was replaced with the latest fluorescent CFL's in every new lamp and sconce. We are glad you enjoyed our high state of cleanliness as it is something our staff works diligently on a daily basis. If there is anything we can do to make a future stay more enjoyable, please contact us directly.

Reviewed 4 August 2011

We stayed at the Charleston Holiday Inn Riverview after reading reviews on Tripadvisor. It was FABULOUS. Anyone who spends hundreds of dollars more to stay in a b&b downtown is foolish. They have a free bus to take you downtown (if you so desire) and parking downtown is extremely cheap.

You can park in any of the public garages downtown for $1 an hour or 10$ for the day. Beats spending a couple hundred dollars more a night to stay at the holiday inn and park your car downtown for the day....but that's just my opinion!

Rooms were clean and spacious- had bath and body stuff in the bathroom. Staff was friendly, and the view from the rooftop bar was phenomenal. Would highly recommend!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2011

Hotel was clean and comfortable. Check in and out was easy.

Bathroom was small but functional.

Location was convenient to my business destination.

Only negative for me was that the hotel is located between two one-way streets. Exiting the parking lot was a challenge as there is limited visibility and traffic moves quickly

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank knoxdeb
Reviewed 27 July 2011

I stayed here July 24-27, 2011 in room 305. I had a room with 2 double beds and a view of the river. The room was updated and looked very clean. When I was putting my suitcase on the bed near the outside wall I saw the outlet was cracked and pulled away from the wall (Fire Hazard). When looking at the bedding I saw brown spots on the same bed on the sheets and 3 of the 4 pillows. The other bed that I slept on, one of the pillows had a spot on it. I bring a comforter and pillow from home when I travel to any hotel so I was fine with what I slept on. The bathroom was clean and you could not see anything left over from the previous guest like in some other hotels. You could not hear any noise coming from the neighboring rooms but you could hear everyone in the hallway and the elevator doors. It's not enough to really bother you sleeping unless you are an extremly light sleeper. The paper was outside my door every morning for me to read and a menu in the room for room service if you wanted. Every staff member I came in contact with was very friendly and helpful. My last night there I woke up to see a very large bug crawling on the wall next to me, I called the front desk and the man was friendly about it and said he would send the bug guy up to take care of it for me. lol. Thankfully he was very fast and took care of the bug and looked around the room to make sure no more got into the room and even took out my trash. He was so sweet to do that. The hotel has a restuarant and Lounge on the top floor which I didn't get to try but heard it was very good. The only real problem I had with the hotel is the entrance and exit on 17. It's hard to see the traffic coming at high speeds before pulling out of the hotel. A mirror would help the guest see a little better. Also the hotel on only about 25 minutes from Isle of Palm, SC so if you want to go the beach you don't have far to go.

Room Tip: Sign up to become a Priority Club Member for discounts on hotels. That is how I booked this hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank MelissaB77
Reviewed 24 July 2011

Upon arrival, they did not have our Orbit booked room ready. They said we needed to wait 40 minutes since they were overbooked. When we received our room, we discovered it was a smoking room. We went back downstairs and argued back and forth that we booked a Non- smoking room. We brought our 5 month old and asthmatic 3 yr old with us. They offered to use a machine to suck out the smoke.. Seriously?? After debating for 1 hour, we finally received a non-smoking room and 3 passes for the breakfast buffet. Let's just say the buffet included a gagging body odor throughout and a non appetizing selection. (I'm not picky with food). Throughout the stay our bathroom would smell like a smoking room...not sure if it was coming from vent next door or from a smoking level. Our sheets on the bed were never even re-made, just folded at the end of bed. I guess we did not pay enough to get fully made beds. This was one of the worst hotel experiences ever. We will stick to staying at marriotts from now on. We don't want to risk it.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
JustFred1974, Director of Revenue at Holiday Inn Charleston Riverview, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2011

Thank you for having chosen our Holiday Inn Riverview in Charleston SC; we appreciate your business. We regret you encountered issues during your stay. We have shared your comments with the management staff of the appropriate departments as part of our quality assurance efforts. Our staff works diligently to ensure every guest has a great lodging experience. We hope you give us a second chance in the future; we know we can WOW you.