“Very Nice”

Ranked #42 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Westerly, Rhode Island
“Very Nice”
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Hotel location is great.Easy car dive to downtown Charleston.Parking can be a problem in the city. Wonderfiul view from the ninth floor.Get the breakfast for it a wonderful value.It on the top floor with windows all around.Room was very clean and nice.Staff were very friendly.I will stay here again.My husband goes to MUSC and the VA hospital often.It is easy over the bridge.Next time I will eat dinner there.Got my car booted in lot when I brought my husband into restaurant Fig.He has Parkinsons and could not leave him on the curb.Handicap plate and all.Skip Fig.Just to noisy and not good.

Room Tip: Try to get room on high floor with water view
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DonnaV90
Jeremy M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charleston Riverview, responded to this review, 13 May 2013
Dear Donna V,
Thanks for choosing us for your business. We appreciate your wonderful comments and will pass them along to the staff. We look forward to your business in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
Norman, Oklahoma
Reviewed 6 May 2013

The front desk clerk was unpleasant upon checkin,the rooms are dated and not very clean, and it is not convenient to anything. The hotel sits across the bridge from downtown and in between 2 highways so you can imagine the traffic noise. Further more, you are taking your life in your hands trying to exit from the parking lot onto the highway going back into the city.
I have to say though, the worst part of the hotel was the lack of customer service. The woman who checked us in never smiled or looked us in the eye. She was hateful and acted like she was running a dorm instead of a hotel. I tried contacting a manager one morning and no one was available. I left a voice message along with my cell phone number and someone finally called and left a message on the room phone at 4:45p.m. that evening. The people cleaning the rooms yell up and down the halls to each other all morning every morning and let the doors bang against the security lock. This place is poorly managed!
I might go back to South Carolina, but I won't go back to that hotel.

2 Thank TNOK
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Charleston Riverview, responded to this review, 20 May 2013
Dear TNOK,

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Charleston hotels

Reviewed 5 May 2013 via mobile

Great staff. They were very respectful of a sudden change of my circumstances, and they didn't blink an eye. I wish could remember the names of the two staff members I spoke with. They were both extremely helpful.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Northntravlr,
Thanks for staying with us! I am glad my staff exceeded your expectations, we pride ourselves on “Southern Hospitality” and excellent customer service.
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed 2 May 2013

Hotel is on the riverfront and you need transportation to get anywhere. There are no places to eat within walking distance. The hotel has 15 floors and the restaurant is on the top floor. It has a wonderful view and there is a breakfast buffet for $9.95. Lunch and dinner are the same as in any nice restaurant. Our room was on the 12th floor and the view was lovely - there is a small balcony but they had it locked for "safety" reasons. Everything about the room was nice. The hotel provided scheduled transportation to the historic district. We got there fine but coming back was a different story. We were at the pickup place 5 minutes early but no one showed up. We called them 4 times and each time got a different story as to why they were late and was told each time the driver was on his way. We waited 1 hour and 15 minutes in the hot sun, standing, for the pickup. The hotel did us a complimentary breakfast the next morning because of the confusion on the pickup. If we go again, we will probably stay downtown, even tho it is more expensive.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear jbob222,
Thank you for your business! Our hotel is located on the Ashley River and minutes from downtown. More importantly, our complimentary shuttle will transport you to downtown for no charge. The shuttle leaves the hotel every 2 hours from 7:30 am to 9:30 pm.
Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 29 April 2013

I traveled up here to go to theFamily Plot and visit pos and my Brother as well as visit and eat at The Oak Steakhouse.I used my points to stay.Breakfast was excellent.People great.Been driving by for 45 years never stayed...Will be back.its convenient.Great view.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Jeremy M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charleston Riverview, responded to this review, 1 May 2013
Dear blakes8542,
After 45 years of passing by the hotel we are glad that you pulled in and enjoyed your room and a wonderful breakfast. Thanks again for your business!
Raleigh
Reviewed 26 April 2013

We stayed here a while back and I just forgot to put my review up on here! The hotel is beautiful and right on the water which makes for a great view. The parking was simple to me and easy. The room was sufficient and clean and what we need for a weekend trip. The pool, and restaurant were both nice amenities that they offered. We would recommend this hotel to anyone in the area. We loved our stay!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Jeremy M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charleston Riverview, responded to this review, 29 April 2013
Dear Tanner B,
We loved having you as a guest! We have plenty of complimentary parking and a complimentary shuttle to downtown every 2 hours. Our housekeeping staff works hard to make sure every room is sparking clean for your visit. Thanks for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 25 April 2013

Stayed here for two nights for a cousins wedding in downtown Charleston. The hotel was completely booked, but everyone was very nice. Front desk personnel were helpful in getting us a cab to go downtown and the housekeeping staff extremely nice. I had a view also of Waffle House, but again the room was nice and clean. Bathroom a bit small, but nice. I was afraid that it would be noisy, but you really didn't hear much. I heard a few doors closing the first night but with the hotel completely booked I was worried that it would be disturbing and it wasn't. My room was even across from the ice machine and I didn't hear people getting ice at all. All in All I will certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a river view if possible
1 Thank Sewingwolf
Jeremy M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charleston Riverview, responded to this review, 26 April 2013
Dear Sewingwolf,
Thank you so much for your business! I hope you enjoyed your cousins wedding in downtown Charleston. Thanks again for your wonderful comments of the front desk and housekeeping staff. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you in the future.