Holiday Inn Charleston Riverview
US$240
US$217
Official Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Express Charleston(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$135
1,137 results
All reviewstop floorfree shuttlegreat view of the riverashley riverrooftop restaurantshuttle servicebreakfast buffet isdowntown areahistoric districtan older hotelfolly beachthe hotel offersfront desk staffshort driveaaronmuscmarsh
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I had a great stay at the Charleston Riverview over the Thanksgiving weekend. The staff was great, the room was clean and breakfast overlooking the Charleston Harbor from the top of the hotel was terrific. Only negative comment was that I found the bed too hard for my taste.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Jeremy M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charleston Riverview, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Dear Lib W,
We love your comments and will share them with the entire team. Our plush double top mattresses are not for everyone; nonetheless, we hope you will stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

A comfortable bed and an accommodating staff, what more could you ask for. Well located in Mt Pleasant. Convenient to the uniqueness of the area and downtown Charleston. Would highly recommend. And dog friendly. The food at the bar made for a great late night snack. A pleasant stay and will return.

Dear Lap7900,
Thanks for your business! The Holiday Inn Riverview is just moments from Downtown, Mt Pleasant and Folly Beach it’s centrally located to all the major hot spots in Charleston.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

We only have rave reviews for this property.We wanted something clean and reasonable so we could stay several days over the Thanksgiving holiday. We were not disappointed. Our room was great and we ate a late dinner one night up in the roof top restaurant which was very nice and had the best view. We were close to everything and they even have a shuttle. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear jshaw5,
Thanks for the rave review! Our prices are very reasonable compared to the downtown properties that charge additional fees for what we offer for free. We definitely look forward to your return visit in the future.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

My wife and i were going to Charleston for a business trip, and looking for a nice place to stay for a week. I had often seen this hotel, which stands impressively on the banks of the Ashley River, from a distance. When we arrived, our room was very clean,and through the week, our maid was sure it stayed that way.This hotel is known for it's beautiful view of downtown Charleston, but when we received our confirmation, we saw that it said "No View". Expecting the worst, we happily discovered this meant instead of the ciity, we had a beautiful view of the river and the marsh. Hardly no view! We highly recommend going to the rooftop restaurant and bar, both during the day, and especially after dark. They have a breakfast and lunch buffet, and although we didn't make it to breakfast, the lunch buffet was very good and quite reasonable, You are only two miles from the historic district and although it can be a little slow during rush hour, at other times you can easily breeze in and out of downtown. We'll certainly plan to stay there next time we visit Charleston.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Jeremy M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charleston Riverview, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Dear Edgarhl,
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! With the hotel being located just off the Ashley River the views from the guest rooms and restaurant are breath taking. In addition, the hotel is located just moments from Downtown, Folly Beach and West Ashley. Our housekeeping staff’s attention to detail is priceless! We look forward to seeing you next time you visit Charleston.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

I have been on a long business trip in Charleston for 5 weeks...the first 4 weeks stuck in a Pig Sty called La Quinta...When I started looking, I found the overall prices in Charleston to be very high...Since it was so long of a stay, I decided on La Quinta...BIG MISTAKE...my 5th week, I booked Holiday Inn Riverview, and they made me feel like a king...What a difference...Night and Day... The rate was only a few dollars more per night but a world of difference...This is one of the few hotels that I have booked with PRICELINE, where I wasn't automatically given one of the poor view rooms....The Manager checked me in and I felt a real professionalism that I don't see my in hotels...This 3 star hotel is one of the very best 3 star hotels I have ever stayed in, and I travel a lot all over the world. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. GREAT view of the river and to downtown. Restaurant was very good, and super fast room service...I have a real issue with hotels that charge you a delivery fee to bring food to the room...I have no problem with the 18% tip for having to prep the meal for room service. Holiday Inn Riverview had no DELIVER FEE....Thank You! Because of that I ordered 2 meals a day from room service. The food was very good and the way I liked it....the room staff was very friendly. If a hotel charges a delivery fee for room service, I will go out of my way not to eat at any of their restaurants. The manager went over and above the call of duty to handle
a minor little incident that didn't really require her to do what she did. THANK YOU ROSE!!!
This is how a hotel should be run!~

Room Tip: request a city view...also some units have refrig. and microwave...really nice on longer stays...
1  Thank Rich R
Jeremy M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charleston Riverview, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Dear Rich R,
I am glad we were able to win you over from a local competitor in the market. We want every guest to feel at home in our hotel from the General Manager – Rose, to the person you don’t see in the back of the house making sure all the linen is crisp and clean for your stay. The restaurant staff takes great pride in the food and service they deliver each and every day. We look forward to your business in the future.