Holiday Inn Charleston Riverview
  • Pool
French Quarter Inn(Charleston)
US$352
  • Breakfast included
Francis Marion Hotel(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$246
King Charles Inn(Charleston)
US$228
US$217
Official Website
Holiday Inn Express Charleston(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$124
1,137 results
All reviewstop floorfree shuttlegreat view of the riverashley riverrooftop restaurantshuttle servicebreakfast buffet isdowntown areahistoric districtan older hotelfolly beachthe hotel offersfront desk staffshort driveaaronmuscmarsh
Reviewed 1 July 2014

When searching for a place to stay while taking our son on a tour of The Citadel I recalled the tall round hotel that was located near campus and made our reservation. We arrived around 1:00 in the morning, extremely tired and ready for sleep. Upon entering the hotel we were greeted by the friendliest and bubbliest young girl named MaryBeth. What a delight! She immediately checked us in and made sure we were well taken care of! Our room was delightfully clean and our view was breathtaking! We all slept very well and enjoyed our stay in Charleston immensely! Throughout our stay MaryBeth continually checked to see if there was anything she could help us with. It was because of MaryBeth that I chose to make the next twelve reservations for our trips to Charleston at the Holiday Inn Riverview. Thank you MaryBeth and to the rest of the staff at the Holiday Inn Riverview, they have all been very kind and make us feel so welcome!

Room Tip: The rooms that we have stayed in all have beautiful views of the river and downtown Charleston or The Citadel.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 68Kristen2014
Jeremy M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charleston Riverview, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear 68Kristen2014,
You must be extremely proud of your son being excepted to The Citadel what a wonderful school with a rich history in Charleston! I will pass your comments along to MaryBeth, she a fantastic front desk team member we are very lucky to have her as part of our team. In addition, we are very grateful that you booked your next 12 reservations with us and we look forward to making you feel at home!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

My new husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Very clean hotel, great service in all areas, free shuttle service to downtown Charleston, and amazing view!! The round hotel and the restaurant on the top floor make for some breathtaking scenery.

Room Tip: Pick a room facing the Ashley River. You will love the view!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear DiaGirlNC,
On behalf of the entire hotel team congratulations on getting married and having your honeymoon at the Holiday Inn Riverview in Charleston, SC. We hope to see you each and every year when you celebrate your anniversary!

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We had traveled from the SC Upstate to visit family on the coast for the day last week and used points to stay here.. We figured "what the heck, it's just one night". As frequent visitors to Charleston we had passed this place often and knew it was old. Upon checking in we were politely greeted and given a discount coupon for a meal at the rooftop restaurant . We were planning on going into town to one of your favorite eateries but being tired decided to try the dinner menu here. The food was excellent and the service was wonderful. We sat by the window and watched the lights come on in town. Shrimp and grits for my wife and granddaughter, crab stuffed flounder for me. My grandson had the chicken tenders and fries which was free. After dinner the manager came by and gave him an ice cream for dessert. Nothing fantastic but everyone acted like they cared.
Our room was small (but free) with two double beds and a small bathroom. The beds and linens were comfortable and clean.
There was a shuttle service to the historic district which we did not make use of and a small patio pool area as well.
We will keep this establishment in mind the next time we head towards Charleston for a day or so.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear ruvidu,
We are delighted that you gave us a try while visiting Charleston last week. More importantly, thanks for being a loyal IHG Rewards member and using your points while staying with us. Our roof top restaurant provides amazing food, customer service and panoramic views of the surrounding area. Children under the age of 12 eat for free every day and the leadership team enjoys putting a smile on their faces with free ice cream. Thanks for keeping us in mind when traveling to Charleston in the future.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

When I walked inside the hotel there was this dapper young man that yelled out Hellllloooooo!!!! I thought that it was a joke, but when he smiled at me and asked me was I checking in I know I was at the wrong place. See, I booked a stay at the Holiday Inn Express. And after 3 mins of talking to Demere. My reservation changed. I canceled my reservation at the Holiday Inn Express simply because this Demere fellow made me feel so "At Home"
He was kind, polite, professional, helpful, and he is one handsome man to look at. His attention was on me the entire time. He put me in a skyline view king and that view was unforgettable. My stay was great, my room was clean, everyone was southern friendly, my rate was awesome, the front desk was absolutely home welcoming. I'm thinking about selling my home in Rhode Island and coming back to SC very soon. My get away from home in Providence, RI was everything that I could ask for.
Thank you so much Demere and all the staff there at The Holiday Inn Riverview for making a 67 YR old woman feel loved again.
-Ms. Smith

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank janiepooh765

Dear janiepooh765,
Our front desk team is always ready to help and make every guest feel like they are “home.” Demere is a glowing example of “Southern Hospitality” that our team takes pride in. We all are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

The Holiday Inn Riverview is the perfect hotel for travelers. First, the negatives. The rooms are a bit on the pricey side, and there is no hot tub or coffee in the lobby 24/7. The positives far outweigh the negatives. Free shuttle to downtown Charleston, very good breakfast buffet, great location, and a magnificent view of the harbor and city. There is an ample fitness room near the third floor outdoor pool.

Josh at the front desk was extremely helpful and informative. Front desk staff were all welcoming. The hostess in the restaurant at breakfast was not pleasant and acted rather put out. She never smiled at us once.

Room Tip: Stay on ninth floor or above on the harbor side.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Slycougar

Dear Slycougar,
Thank you so much for staying with us recently! We offer free coffee in lobby every morning from 7:00 am until 11:30 am each and every day. After that our restaurant has freshly brewed coffee from 11:30 am until 11:00 pm. Our free shuttle is a wonder way to travel to downtown without paying for parking or fighting one-way streets. I will absolutely give Josh a “pat on the back” for the customer service we known for, thanks again!