“Good Location”

Holiday Inn Charleston Riverview
Ranked #43 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This is a great location for viewing fireworks at Riverdogs Stadium. Nothing too fancy or too shabby. It can definitely use some work, but if you're traveling with kids for a no frills/no fuss vacation this will do. We even caught glimpse of a dolphin swimming while having breakfast in the restaurant.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Janeen M
Jeremy M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charleston Riverview, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Janeen M,
Thank you for your business! The panoramic views from the restaurant offer a spectacular view of the fireworks at the RiverDog’s Stadium. Normally at each home game they end the night with fireworks which if you have not seen them they are wonderful especially from the Harborview Restaurant and Bar. It’s normal to see the dolphins swimming in the Ashley River in the morning as they feed and play with each other.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,105)

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We are staying at this hotel right now, and I am completely mortified. I have not encountered one staff member who was friendly yet. Housekeeping woke us up way too early laughing and yelling at each other in the hallway. The rooms smells like mildew, and the room adjacent to ours had a plumbing issue, making the smell almost unbearable. The bathroom looked as if my 3 year old daughter had cleaned it. When I went down to the front desk to ask for some cleaner so I could clean it myself, the rude lady told me no, and then looked back at her book she was reading. I had to go buy some Clorox spray so I could clean the bathroom myself. I am very disappointed because I've stayed at plenty of hotels in this chain, and this was the worst one yet.

• Stayed: July 2014
5  Thank Vanessa G
frontdeskmanager843, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Charleston Riverview, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Hello Vanessa G.,
On behalf of the Front Desk & Housekeeping Staff I just want to personally apologize for the inconvenience you encountered during your stay with me. I will personally make sure that your feedback is used for a learning / training tool for our staff. We always strive to provide the highest quality customer service to our guests while they are on vacation. I truly am sorry that you encountered staff that did not meet our service requirements and I will take immediate action to prevent this from happening in the future! Thank you so much for your feedback.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Holiday Inn Riverview is an older hotel but in pretty good shape. We were on the 14th floor in a suite, as it turns out, and it was huge! The balconies are not accessible but the view was amazing. We looked out over the Ashley River Bridges, the city, the Ravenel Bridge, etc. Staff was friendly and helpful, elevators fast. They provide a shuttle to downtown that leaves the hotel every 2 hours. There are 2 stops down on Market and East Bay, then again at Market and Meeting. They also pick up at those locations. It is very convenient and the driver was knowledgeable about Charleston and where to find things. The bar is up on the top floor in the restaurant and was very nice. We didn't eat there but people seemed to be enjoying themselves. We did have a glass of wine and Mary the Bartender was helpful and efficient. There were a few small things that were just maintenance issues: loose toilet seat, shower curtain liner not long enough, damp spot on the carpet. None of these things dampened our enjoyment of the place, however. The bed was great, the AC very cool (90s and we needed cool), and we really enjoyed our stay. There seemed to be coffee in the lobby all day and the pool area on the 3rd floor was clean and pleasant. Just a really neat place with good people.

Room Tip: Good view on the river side, upper floor probably have less road noise.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Jeremy M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Charleston Riverview, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Mimi S,
Thanks for staying with us! We know you had many choices but we are absolutely grateful that you picked ours. You pointed out many of our free amenities: free coffee in the lobby, free shuttle and free fast Wifi. A comfortable bed and very cool room is must expecially in the summer when the weather is in the 90s. Thanks again!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

When searching for a place to stay while taking our son on a tour of The Citadel I recalled the tall round hotel that was located near campus and made our reservation. We arrived around 1:00 in the morning, extremely tired and ready for sleep. Upon entering the hotel we were greeted by the friendliest and bubbliest young girl named MaryBeth. What a delight! She immediately checked us in and made sure we were well taken care of! Our room was delightfully clean and our view was breathtaking! We all slept very well and enjoyed our stay in Charleston immensely! Throughout our stay MaryBeth continually checked to see if there was anything she could help us with. It was because of MaryBeth that I chose to make the next twelve reservations for our trips to Charleston at the Holiday Inn Riverview. Thank you MaryBeth and to the rest of the staff at the Holiday Inn Riverview, they have all been very kind and make us feel so welcome!

Room Tip: The rooms that we have stayed in all have beautiful views of the river and downtown Charleston or Th...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 68Kristen2014

Dear 68Kristen2014,
You must be extremely proud of your son being excepted to The Citadel what a wonderful school with a rich history in Charleston! I will pass your comments along to MaryBeth, she a fantastic front desk team member we are very lucky to have her as part of our team. In addition, we are very grateful that you booked your next 12 reservations with us and we look forward to making you feel at home!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

My new husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Very clean hotel, great service in all areas, free shuttle service to downtown Charleston, and amazing view!! The round hotel and the restaurant on the top floor make for some breathtaking scenery.

Room Tip: Pick a room facing the Ashley River. You will love the view!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear DiaGirlNC,
On behalf of the entire hotel team congratulations on getting married and having your honeymoon at the Holiday Inn Riverview in Charleston, SC. We hope to see you each and every year when you celebrate your anniversary!

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We had traveled from the SC Upstate to visit family on the coast for the day last week and used points to stay here.. We figured "what the heck, it's just one night". As frequent visitors to Charleston we had passed this place often and knew it was old. Upon checking in we were politely greeted and given a discount coupon for a meal at the rooftop restaurant . We were planning on going into town to one of your favorite eateries but being tired decided to try the dinner menu here. The food was excellent and the service was wonderful. We sat by the window and watched the lights come on in town. Shrimp and grits for my wife and granddaughter, crab stuffed flounder for me. My grandson had the chicken tenders and fries which was free. After dinner the manager came by and gave him an ice cream for dessert. Nothing fantastic but everyone acted like they cared.
Our room was small (but free) with two double beds and a small bathroom. The beds and linens were comfortable and clean.
There was a shuttle service to the historic district which we did not make use of and a small patio pool area as well.
We will keep this establishment in mind the next time we head towards Charleston for a day or so.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear ruvidu,
We are delighted that you gave us a try while visiting Charleston last week. More importantly, thanks for being a loyal IHG Rewards member and using your points while staying with us. Our roof top restaurant provides amazing food, customer service and panoramic views of the surrounding area. Children under the age of 12 eat for free every day and the leadership team enjoys putting a smile on their faces with free ice cream. Thanks for keeping us in mind when traveling to Charleston in the future.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

When I walked inside the hotel there was this dapper young man that yelled out Hellllloooooo!!!! I thought that it was a joke, but when he smiled at me and asked me was I checking in I know I was at the wrong place. See, I booked a stay at the Holiday Inn Express. And after 3 mins of talking to Demere. My reservation changed. I canceled my reservation at the Holiday Inn Express simply because this Demere fellow made me feel so "At Home"
He was kind, polite, professional, helpful, and he is one handsome man to look at. His attention was on me the entire time. He put me in a skyline view king and that view was unforgettable. My stay was great, my room was clean, everyone was southern friendly, my rate was awesome, the front desk was absolutely home welcoming. I'm thinking about selling my home in Rhode Island and coming back to SC very soon. My get away from home in Providence, RI was everything that I could ask for.
Thank you so much Demere and all the staff there at The Holiday Inn Riverview for making a 67 YR old woman feel loved again.
-Ms. Smith

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank janiepooh765

Dear janiepooh765,
Our front desk team is always ready to help and make every guest feel like they are “home.” Demere is a glowing example of “Southern Hospitality” that our team takes pride in. We all are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you in the future.