“Very good place to stay”
Review of Indigo Inn

Indigo Inn
Ranked #16 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed 18 January 2014

My husband often go to Charleston and spend a night or two. I've always loved the Meeting Street Inn across from the Market but it has gotten pretty expensive so we started looking for somewhere else. We found a good deal at the Indigo Inn which is right up the street and once we got there, to our surprise we found out that the owners are the same for the Meeting Street Inn and the two inns are very similar. They have breakfast in the morning which was good. They have fruit, sausage biscuits, yougart, etc. They have a very nice wine and cheese reception in the evening and the courtyard in the center is a nice place to sit. We were very happy to have tried this inn and will be back in just a couple of more weeks for my husband's birthday.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
indigoinnsc, Manager at Indigo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Thank you for your review, and we look forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks!!!

Reviewed 6 January 2014

I will begin with the only negative thing I can possibly find to say about this excellent hotel and that is in our opinion our double queen room had so many furnishings in it that it seemed a bit crowded. We stayed at Indigo Inn several years ago and we don't remember that being the case then, so maybe we had a king room during that visit and that might have made the difference. Other than that, I cannot find another thing wrong with this place. And I would advise you to take that criticism with a grain of salt since our opinion of room and space may not be the norm. We stayed at the top rated hotel in Charleston at Christmas not many years ago and my primary complaint there was that our room was unusually large, but very sparsely furnished. So, go figure. Looking at that and looking at the following, I think you can understand why I rated it excellent.

Now I'll mention some of the features that made us choose to return to Indigo Inn and not #1. The location is perfect for all the downtown attractions and restaurants. The staff could not possibly be more warm, welcoming, helpful, or gracious than we found them to be. The breakfast that is included is simply outstanding. Parking could not be more convenient. Plenty of parking right in a lot on the premises directly in front of the hotel with a reasonable daily rate. Beautiful courtyard centrally located with rooms on every floor facing it. Several pet friendly rooms for those who choose to bring along their pets. Wine, cheese, etc. for guests each afternoon. Rates that give you more for your money than any comparable hotel in the area And I'm probably overlooking some of the features. Oops, forgot to mention turn down service at night.

Once again we enjoyed our stay at Indigo Inn and appreciate the excellent service we received from all the staff. It topped off our Christmas season very, very nicely.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank TarHeelBiggy
indigoinnsc, Manager at Indigo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Thank you for your comments,TarHeelBiggy, pros and cons; we appreciate your candor. We feel honored that you included us in your Christmas celebration, and that we were not lacking. Hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

I had a one night stay recently in Charleston. I actually booked the inn after reading some good reviews on Tripadvisor. First off, this is not a super fancy luxury place. It is a nice, cosy, inn that is central to many attractions in Charleston. King street with many shops and restaurants is a short walk, as is the market. The reception area is first rate and the free wine/cheese and free breakfast added a nice touch. My room was clean and comfortable, big bed, flat screen tv. There is a courtyard which was all lit up. I could from my room hear the fountains in the courtyard, but that was only when I had my music off. The price was good for a city area. The staff were friendly and helpful, and made me feel as though I were a visiting friend. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Floors on the second level might feel more secure for some people
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Dogmom11236
indigoinnsc, Manager at Indigo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

We are glad that you found us, Dogmom11236, and that your expectations were met. Thank you for your feedback, and we'll see you again!!!

Reviewed 31 December 2013

First visit to Charleston and on Christmas Day. NO CROWDS! The Indigo Inn was a pleasure to stay in. Nice comfortable rooms and clean. Beds were very comfy. The breakfast (included)was one of the best I've sampled in a long time. Enjoy the evening talking with fellow travelers at the coffee bar (included). Just a nice intimate place to stay right in the heart of downtown Charleston. Thumbs up!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Peter E
indigoinnsc, Manager at Indigo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Thank you, Peter E, for your "Thumbs Up" review. Pleased that you could experience Charleston and the Indigo Inn at Christmas; it's a very special time for all of us!!!

Reviewed 30 December 2013

First time visiting Charleston. Very fortunate to have chosen the Indigo Inn. Cozy, Comfortable, Charming and the staff were very kind and always helpful and friendly. Felt more like a home rather than a Hotel. Each room overlooks the courtyard filled with water fall, plantings and comfortable seating. Plantation shutters with 4 poster beds in our room was very homey. Personable staff and appreciate having experienced the Southern hospitality we received. Not to miss their filling breakfast and of course the wine and cheese gathering each afternoon. Raving about the Indigo and will stay no where else when I have the pleasure to return. Thank you Indigo staff. Donna B. Media, PA

Room Tip: Each room faces the courtyard, and imagine any room would be a good choice second floor up so you ca...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Donna M

You are most welcome, Donna B. Glad you could have joined us at Christmas, and look forward to your return "home"!!!

Reviewed 29 December 2013

My husband and I were on an impromptu road trip with our dog and luckily found this gem! Not only is it dog friendly, but affordable and in an amazing location. Once you park your car - you can walk everywhere. Have a dog? Definitely try to plan in advance since there are only 4 pet-friendly rooms. (I think we just got lucky!). We stayed in 101 the first night and it was clean and comfortable with a queen size bed. Night two - we stayed in 102 - two queens, a bit more snug, but fine overall. The bathrooms are a bit smaller than I'm used to - but everything else makes up for it. Oh and did I mention - free wine and cheese at night?! Do yourself a favor and stay here a couple nights!

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank JackieCHume

Thank you for your glowing report and your recommendation, JackieCHume. See you all again!!!

Reviewed 26 December 2013

This charming hotel in the heart of the historic district was a great place to stay during Christmas week. The staff were all very friendly and helpful, the parking area was conveniently located right in front of the hotel, and the rooms were comfortable and well designed.
We especially appreciated the variety of healthy choices offered at breakfast and the wine and cheese hour in the afternoons.

Room Tip: Third floor room was very quiet. The ac/heating unit was a little loud when cycling on and off, so...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank LetsgoGeorgia
indigoinnsc, Manager at Indigo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2013

Thank you for the review!!!