“Not Bad for Expensive Charleston”

Creekside Lands Inn
Ranked #52 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Not Bad for Expensive Charleston”
Reviewed 23 September 2011

The photos of the creek and dock are real, but they deceived me, as I thought this would be a quiet place. The creek, dock and motel are near a busy road. I somehow had envisioned a quiet creekside out back. There is a lot ot road noise in the rooms as well. But for an inexpensive option just a few miles out of town, I had no other complaints. The room was adequate and clean. The continental breakfast included sausage and biscuits and waffles.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Xenabird

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 15 September 2011

I am from Germany and was in Charleston for business, I decided to stay at the Creekside Lands Inn. I stayed there for 3 days and absolutely loved my stay there. The rooms were very clean and well accommodated. The breakfast was great, it was my first time trying biscuits and gravy and really liked it. The staff was very delightful! Especially Palak. I loved my stayed that the Creekside Lands Inn, and would definitely stay there again next time I am in Charleston.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Bowling Green, Kentucky
Reviewed 6 September 2011

We had children that were too tired to go on. Some went down for the night as we arrived in the daylight and others enoyed playing in the grassy area on the property and on the pier. The staff were very accomodating to assist us to order food as we could not leave with sleeping babies. The rooms were nice, clean and comfortable. The view from the property was fabulous and though the property was on the main road it seemed quite peaceful. It was so nice to happen on this place in the time of need.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Linda P
Kemmerer, Wyoming
Reviewed 5 September 2011

This is a budget hotel, so those of you who normally stay at the Hilton, Marriott or like hotels, don't come here, you will be disappointed. But, for those of you who don't want to spend a fortune on a place to stay, definitely consider coming here, especially if you have kids.

The grounds were very well kept. Pool was clean and the fishing/crabbing pier was awesome! Our 7 year old daughter got to catch her first ever blue crab (followed quickly by 9 more) and it was so much fun!

Staff was friendly. We are from Wyoming, and the time change was rough. We were getting to the breakfast close to 9:30 every morning. Each morning we were asked if we had gotten everything we wanted before they started to dismantle the breakfast. No complaints here.

I was impressed with the decided lack of bugs, inside and out. Was expecting to be eaten alive by mosquitos and that wasn't the case at all. I didn't even have to open the bug spray we bought; even when we ventured into the swamps.

Complaints? Really only one is, yes, towels are low quality. Room was clean. Could use some updating for sure, but for what we paid, we couldn't be happier.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank HarrisFamilyWY
Stanley, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 August 2011

Had no issues we totally enjoyed our stay, room was nice and clean, pool was great, breakfast was a hit, and the only complaint I would give would be the fact that we were in a non-smoking room with smoking rooms above us...our neighbors that smoked should have been place in the room above us with the smoking rooms, they were smoking every time we left our room:(.. No question if we will stay there again the answer is YES!!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Waterloo, Iowa
Reviewed 8 August 2011

This motel is on the outskirts of town along a small creek. There are no resturants within walking distance. It is an older motel that needs updated. They do provide a basic breakfast of coffee, orange drink, muffins, cold cereal and a waffle maker in a very tiny lobby. Thye also provide free wireless. There is an outdoor pool. It was an ok place for an overnight stay, but I wouldn't want to stay longer.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank BrenOb
Virginia
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Towels like sandpaper, misquoted rates, an iced-over fridge, unhappy staff complaining to guests, and staff barging in to turn off A/C's ... pale in comparison to being threatened by an incompetent manager. The value is in decent weekly rates and location, but at what real price with a General Manager who refuses to accept comment or criticism for disrespecting privacy (knocking once AS she burst into our room to turn off the air conditioner with our child sleeping and others in towels with NO explanation or apology), changing room rates during our stay, then threatening police action to remove paying guests who simply express dissatisfaction...

It is a true shame that this creek-side, budget hotel wreaks of poor service leadership in a supposedly top-rated and Southern Hospitable city.... Owners who care may wish to ensure that management listens to guests or make a needed change. (At least put some new towels in your rooms....)

That bitter service has left a lasting impression and is the reason we will never return.

Room Tip: Don't go there!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank amadaddy
CreeksideLandsinn, Manager at Creekside Lands Inn, responded to this review, 1 August 2011
Thank you for your review.
First, let me say I do apologize for having to come into your room after knocking twice. As i stated before, it was a FIRE ISSUE due to the hotel running on half power. I was asked by the power company to shut all AC's in all of the rooms off. The safety of our guest is our first priority. This was to prevent a fire from starting. I am sorry that you feel you were treated unjustly. As far as the room rate goes, we discussed the rate increase before you extended your stay with us for an additional week. You agreed to pay the extra fee. The reason you were asked to leave is because you said yourself that you didn't know if you were staying or leaving. It was 2 pm in the after noon already and check out time was 11 am. As I stated then, i was not going to argue over the safety of all our guest and if you were unhappy with the customer service, you would should have notified us within the first week instead of the third week of your stay. As for someone "barging" into your room, it's not a usual practice on our property unless if it is for the safety of the guest. We have to take certain steps to ensure everyone is safe. I did not want to explain myself any further than I already had because there was nothing that I could have done to make you happy at that point.

Travellers are raving about these Charleston hotels