“You get what you pay for”

Creekside Lands Inn
Ranked #57 of 62 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed 29 April 2012

We stayed at the Creekside Lands Inn over the weekend. Our friends were getting married on Kiawah Island and we weren't interested in paying $150+/night for a hotel room. I found this hotel through priceline for $79/night. You can't beat the value of this hotel in the area.
The Cons: We were given a non-smoking room, but clearly someone has smoked in here at some point because it smelled like smoke when we first walked in. The pillows were small, but they give you 5 for a king bed. The tv is annoying: whenever you turn it on it goes to channel 49 and you have to manually change it to channel 3 to get a picture. The remote only works once the tv has been turned on and the channel changed, both manually on the tv. The microfridge is a good idea, but there aren't enough outlets on the wall with the tv to be using the fridge and microwave all at the same time. I had to unplug the tv to heat up something in the microwave. My only complaint about the bathroom is that it's small. The clothes rack is on the same side as the hair dryer, so there isn't much space to get ready. I wasn't sure what to expect in the area of housekeeping.
The Pros: Good location. The hotel really is creekside, in fact they have a gazebo that overlooks the creek that has a nice afternoon breeze. We didn't go to the pool but it looks clean. The continental breakfast was a typical continental breakfast: coffee, juice, milk, packets of oatmeal, grits, danishes, muffins, cereal, biscuits and gravy. Good value place, especially for a family with small children. And they are pet friendly.

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank UNCball
CreeksideLandsinn, General Manager at Creekside Lands Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2012

First off, let me apologize for the smell of your room. If you had notified the front desk, we maybe could've moved you or at the very least put an ozone machine in the room while you were away. And, I apologize that you thought the pillows weren't adequate size. If you had notified the front desk, we could've gotten you extras!!! The tv has been fixed, I depend on my guests to tell me whats wrong with the room, if anything, that way I have an opportunity to fix it or find a way to make it right!!!! I do appreciate the review & I'm glad you enjoyed the hotel location. We are currently remodeling throughout the entire property, so I do hope you'll give us another chance if ever in the area again!!! Take care & again, Thank you!!!

Reviewed 25 April 2012 via mobile

I am normally not big on giving reviews, but thought my stay experience deserved one. I have read several reviews and some have been mixed, but I decided to stay with my wife an 16 month old son while on vacation. The only remotely negative thing was when we arrived at 330 pm the room wasn't ready yet so we had to wait till 530, but we waited in our car impatiently. Lol. When we got to our room we were happy. It was very clean and comfy after a long trip. No dirt anywhere and smelled clean. Plus a microwave and small fridge for the room was so convenient for us for our son. The desk staff was amazingly nice especially the young brunette during the morning breakfast (which was also very good for free) who was accommodating and playful with our son. She represents the hotel very well. All in all. I would definitely recommend a stay here. I enjoyed our time there and the grounds were well kept and nice to look at. Thank you from the Shields family. You made our stay pleasurable.

1  Thank Dale1776
CreeksideLandsinn, General Manager at Creekside Lands Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2012

Thank you so much for your wonderful review!!! I'm so glad that you & your family had an awesome stay!!! We want you to feel like family from the first moment you arrive in our parking lot, even if you did have to wait impatiently! =) I've let my housekeeping staff, my front desk staff, & the owner of the property know of your kind words. Its guests like yourself, that keep us going here!!! Take care, glad you made it safely home, & can't wait to see you again!!!

Reviewed 20 April 2012

I checked lots of motels on tripadvisor with bad reviews...saw this that is being remodeled so booked here...good choice. clean rooms and a good breakfast with sufficent choices. Staff was very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LaConner_Wa_Joanne
CreeksideLandsinn, General Manager at Creekside Lands Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2012

We depend on our guests to tell us what they think.....and to let others know about their own personal experiences at that particular hotel. With that being said, Thank You for choosing to stay with us!!!! And a big Thank You for the compliments to my staff and to my hotel!!! I'll definitely let the owner of the property know that his hard work, is being appreciated!!! Hope you'll stay with us again in the future!!!

Reviewed 20 April 2012

Great deal for the price!!!! Room was very clean, new carpet, walls look newly painted, nice parking lot, clean pool, beautiful small peer and outdoor deck to relax on. Staff was friendly, and you get free breakfast, also you are close to many restaurants and shopping malls

JW from NC. 4/20/12

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Swidener

I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself at our hotel & in Charleston!!! Thank you so much for the wonderful compliments & I'm glad you got to see the new lobby & breakfast area!!! Come back anytime to visit!!!

Reviewed 19 April 2012

What an awesome place to stay!! From check-in to check-out, everything was great!! The lobby is beautiful, the staff is so friendly, & the management is top notch!! Fishing was good too....bring a pole!! Can't wait to go back!!

1  Thank Mooseluv23

Thank you for the thoughtful compliments!!! I've shared everything with my staff & the owner of the property!!! Glad you had a great time & we hope to have you back again soon!!! Take care!!!

Reviewed 18 April 2012

We stayed at the Creekside Inn for a week and enjoyed the accommodations. The easy access to the downtown area without the expense of staying downtown made our trip more affordable. When we weren't out exploring the grounds provided a great place to relax and enjoy the weather down in SC. I will definitely return to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank BradWts

Thank you so much for your review!!! I'm so glad you had a wonderful time in Charleston!!! Can't wait til you get to come back & play longer!!! Take care until next time......

Reviewed 8 April 2012

The grounds on which the inn are located are very pretty, right next to, as the name suggests, a creek. It's a 20 minute drive into Charleston and there are quite a few restaurants near by.

The room we had was a bit gloomy - but the sort of room you'd expect for the price point.

Breakfast wasn't very good. The seating area was far too small for the number of guests, and the food selection not great.

Overall, for a hundred bucks, I can't really complain, I got what I paid for.

1  Thank MisterGulliver
CreeksideLandsinn, General Manager at Creekside Lands Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2012

Thank you for the review!! I'm glad you enjoyed the property landscaping!! But I do want to apologize for you thinking the room was gloomy & breakfast was meh!! We are working on updating our breakfast & once the lobby remodeling is done....the rooms will be next!!! So I hope this doesn't stop you from returning because we would love to have you here with us again!!! Take care!!!