“Just the absolute worst”

and 1 more site!
Creekside Lands Inn
Ranked #57 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We booked this room from hotels.com, thinking it would be a great deal for a short trip. WRONG! When we checked in, we were given a litany of how to use the TV (turn it on manually from the TV itself, change manually to channel 3 or 4, then you can use the remote). Great. We get in and the room REEKS of smoke. It's as if someone smoked a carton of reds in the room and then kept the door shut. This is supposed to be a non-smoking room, according to the sign on the shabby desk. The AC/Heating unit had been broken in half (there are pictures to prove this), there was no chain on the door and the peep hole to look out the door had been BLACKED out. The bathroom had mold growing in the corners of the tub, the toilet paper holder had been knocked off the wall and never replaced, and the door is just ever so slightly off from the frame so you MUST put all of your weight behind it to close the door. We were immediately disgusted and requested that we be refunded so we could find better lodgings. The front desk clerk, who was the ONLY bright spot at this place, was apologetic and confided that our room (126) often had complaints. Hey, here is an idea. DON'T put people in the room if it isn't up to par. Also, I've since found itchy, red bites all over me and the doctor told me they were bed bug bites. Based on previous reviews, it is quite certain that the bed bugs came from this horrid place. Disgusting and despicable to put people in rooms containing mold and bed bugs. I will be telling every single person I know NEVER to stay here.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Laura T
Deidra G, General Manager at Creekside Lands Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

First of all, let me apologize for your obvious issues....but here's where I'm confused....Why haven't I spoken with you IF this really did happen here at my hotel?? Because I'm going to be honest with you....If I were in your shoes, & ALL this happened to me personally, Ma'am the ENTIRE property would know who I was, so you see my confusion. I don't even know who you are, but if you'd like to discuss your issues, I'm ALWAYS available for my guests, so email me at info@creeksidelandsinn.com or call & ask for me, Deidra Gallashaw, (843) 763-8885. Also, I have a professional exterminator who came by the day I saw this review, Thursday, & went & inspected every room in my hotel, & its funny, he never saw anything of what you said!!!! Glad you made it safely home & I'll be looking forward to hearing from you, very soon hopefully!!!!

Reviewed 2 May 2014

We just had a one night visit to Charleston and the rates at all of the chain hotels near the historic district are completely crazy this time of year (to the tune of $275 - $375 per night), so my son and I racked our brains to try and recall the little hotel we stayed in 3 or four years ago. We finally remembered, "something with Creek" and we found it on the internet from there.

They didn't have a double, but promised to save us one if they had a cancellation. By the we arrived they did and we were very pleased with the room. The next morning they served a wonderful breakfast with waffles, fresh fruit, bagels, cereals, yogurt, juices and coffee.

This is an older hotel, so while everything is not totally fresh and perfect, the rooms, lobby and grounds have been recently renovated and were very, very nice for this age hotel. The landscaping is very serene with big trees overhanging the grounds providing shade. Flowers, the pool, and the pier over the water make the setting even nicer.

Saving the best part for last, the hotel manager, Deidra, couldn't have been more friendly or helpful. She was so sweet and any hotel would be blessed to have such a conscientious manager. Never had better service at even the most expensive of hotels. We will definitely be back again and stay longer.

Robin - Memphis, TN

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Deidra G, General Manager at Creekside Lands Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

All I can is WOW!!!! Thank you so much for your awesome words about my property, my staff, & me!!!! =) This is the exact reason I'm in this industry!!!! Because of wonderful guests like you!!! And as long as y'all are here with me....I'll be here!!! Glad you & your son enjoyed yourselves again & I know you'll be back!!! Take care & THANK YOU again!!! Deidra

Reviewed 29 April 2014

The Creekside Lands Inn did not fail to provide for a great Charleston vacation. What struck us the most was the beautiful scenery when we arrived. It is located on a marsh, where wildlife was abundant. The first day we were there, we simply stayed at the hotel and enjoyed the grounds. The manager, Deidra, as well as her staff, are exemplary. This hotel is clean, safe, and convenient. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask anyone at the desk.

3  Thank C F

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of my hotel!!! I'm so glad that you enjoyed our landscaping!!! I was a little upset at first with the new company we hired, cause they stripped everything!! =) But now I see why, its gorgeous here!!! And you're so right about any questions, ask us!!! That's what we're here for!!! Thank you again for being my guests & I'm glad you made it safely home!!! Hope to see you again!!! Take care!!! Deidra

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Found this location on tripadvisor and read the reviews. Sounded great and the person on the phone was real nice and decided to stay here for the Santee NWR bird events nearby. Easy check in, had the reservation to a tee....very pleasant and the location is nice. Next to a wetlands area, nice pool, outside sitting patio and it is a clean area. Hotel looks to be physically sound and right off of Hwy 17. The room.... nice big comfy king bed.... good clean linens.... huge 38 inch flatscreen.... biggest I have seen in a hotel......very clean! Clean and in great shape. Plenty of lighting....bathroom was in great shape.... very clean and nice towels. Standard bathroom stuff, soap shampoo and lotion, had a tub/shower combo. Ironing board was supplied.... no coffee maker....hairdryer on wall fixture. There was a small cold fridge and a small microwave . Internet was easy to log on and worked fine. Now I have to admit I didn't do my usual routine. I usually check everything I plan on using in the room...... hairdryer, water pressure etc....but I didn't and paid the price for not checking....water pressure in tub was fine, when I tried to turn the knob to get the shower head to work, just a trickle.....no matter how I turned it and I tried believe me it just wasn't going to put out any real pressure. I got it to work enough to take a shower I suppose but not satisfactory by any stretch. Then when the hairdryer was turned on it just hummed a bit......and when I moved the on/off switch back and forth it started to work a bit but started smoking and put out one hell of a stink.... got it to work..... sort of but not good....kept smoking and had to shut it off. I only stayed the one night so after telling the on site manager about problems had to bug out as I was running a bit behind and had a good drive to Bear Island. Would stay here again but would make double sure to check room devices and water pressure first.... and then we would see how management would deal with problems.... I got the feeling that they would jump right on it but have no way to tell.....for this price they need to get it right....

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank FBPete

Thank you so much for your review!!! And I want to apologize about the shower issue, I've just ordered a new shower head design, so I'm hoping this will alleviate any future issues!!! And you bet I'd do whatever it takes for my guests to be happy & satisfied!!!! We don't have any coffee makers in any of our rooms, but we do have coffee available 24/7!! And we always keep extra hairdryers at the front desk, just in case!!! I do hope to see you again on your next trip to Charleston!!! If you need anything, please don't hesitate to email or call us!!! Thank you again & Take care!!! Deidra

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Great alternative to the expensive hotels in town. Easy to find and get to. Wonderful location on the water! Nice rooms, friendly and helpful staff, who told us on our last day not to miss the FANTASTIC Angel Oak! What a sight! We had a great time and would definitely stay here again. The pool after a days´ sight-seeing is heaven! Loved the beautiful trees in front of the hotel with their long spanish moss. Nice picnic tables for relaxing dinners on the waterfront.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Deidra G, General Manager at Creekside Lands Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2014

Thank you so much for your wonderful review!!! And I'm so glad that you enjoyed yourselves while being our guests!!! I love my hotel...its my own little piece of heaven!!! =) Glad you made it safely home & I know you'll be back!!! Glad you enjoyed my food recommendations!!! Take care & again....Thank you!!! Deidra

Reviewed 14 April 2014

We arrived exhausted from our 12 hr ride from Pennsylvania to be greeted by an amazing manager "Deidre". Southern hospitality oozed with every word she spoke. Deidre originally booked my husband and I on the second floor but due to my husband having a bulging disc and my knee problems she promptly changed our room to a first floor. The Inn is extremely homey, clean and centrally located. Our experience was amazing and we would highly recommend the Inn. The room was clean and had all the amenities we wanted. The breakfast they offered was much better than a continental breakfast. We made our own fresh waffles! They offered fresh fruit daily, yogurt, bagels, danish and biscuits and sausage. Every cereal imaginable, juice, milk, coffee etc. It was moderately priced and included breakfast! I was worried to book online so I called and spoke directly to the manager and felt comfortable with booking the Inn. We would definitely go back if we were visiting Charleston again. Thank you Deidre, Carol & Bill Scharff

Room Tip: All rooms had a great view
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Deidra G, General Manager at Creekside Lands Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Thank you so much for your kind & thoughtful words about me, my hotel, & your stay!!! I'm so glad that y'all enjoyed yourselves!!! And also glad that y'all made it safely home!!! I love my hotel & my guests...and my job is so easy when you have people like yourselves!!! =) Thank you for the description of my breakfast...people don't know about it unless they come in & take part!!! Take care & if you need anything, don't hesitate to call me!!! See you again soon!!! Deidra

Reviewed 6 April 2014

My husband & I really enjoyed our stay here. We were celebrating our 3rd wedding anniversary with our first trip to Charleston. Very happy I found Creekside Lands Inn. Our room was VERY clean & nice, the king size bed was so comfortable plus plenty of soft pillows. This motel was booked up but we never heard any noises from anyone else, very quiet and peaceful. There was chairs & benches right outside the rooms too. The grounds are kept up beautifully with plenty of places to sit and enjoy the outdoors, including a nice dock with gazebo. The pool had just been opened up, it was to cool during our stay to get in, but it looked really nice. The free breakfast was delicious with a great variety. Plus it was very nice getting to chat to the manager Deidra. She is the picture of true southern hospitality. You could really tell she wanted very guest to have a great stay. We are already planning another trip back to Charleston this year & will definitely be staying here :)

• Stayed: April 2014

Let me apologize for taking so long to respond to your review, its been another crazy week, but I'm thankful for the craziness!!! =) And Thank you for the wonderful review!! I'm so glad that y'all found us & I can't wait til maybe you can bring the boys & come back!!! Glad you had a wonderful anniversary trip....you deserved it!!!! Take care & call me if you need anything at all!!! Glad you made it safely home & again....Thank you for being you!!!! =) Deidra