“Charleston Marriott - July, 2014”

Ranked #37 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Twinsburg, Ohio
“Charleston Marriott - July, 2014”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

During four days celebrating our 41st Family Reunion at the Charleston Marriott, we were pampered, spoiled, and amazed at the service and warmth from the staff. Nearly everyone I passed in hallways, elevators and other places greeted me with a smile and hello. I was particularly impressed by Marcus Poinsett and Michael Young. It is my intention to share my impressions in our upcoming newsletter. Thanks to the staff at the Charleston Marriott, and in particular, Marcus and Michael,, the article will be extremely positive.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank SuccessisYou
HotelMngerGM, General Manager at Charleston Marriott, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your honest feedback regarding your recent stay at the Charleston Marriott. As the GM, your compliments were a pleasure to read and I was delighted to hear that you were thoroughly spoiled by our associates. Thank you for recognizing Marcus Poinsett and Michael Young and for your kind compliments. I will share your feedback at our next staff meeting for all to hear and ensure that their efforts do not go unnoticed. Thank you again and we look forward to welcome you back very soon.

Charleston Marriott

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
Buckhead, Georgia
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My experience at this Marriott was great. The staff was very knowledgeable and friendly. Only downside was the mattress was hard. But the room was beautiful as well as the entire hotel. I like that they offered a shuttle for $6.00 that takes you to downtown and bring you back. and the breakfast is to die for

2 Thank Classy1960
HotelMngerGM, General Manager at Charleston Marriott, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you for choosing the Charleston Marriott and your gracious feedback. I am glad you found the hotel clean, comfortable, up to date and its convenient location to Downtown Charleston. All of these dynamics with wonderful hotel staff makes us the hotel of choice when in Charleston. Thank you again for choosing the Marriott and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Upon arriving at the hotel, I had to request a room change. The halls smell musty and didn't seem to have adequate air conditioning. I was glad the room didn't share these qualities. Although clean and cool, the room was very dated. It seems some upgrades have been done to make the hotel appear more modern, while other items have not been updated. The vanity in the bathroom was newer, but the tub was old and had many visible stains. The maid tried to enter the room at 8:30am, which surprised me that they would've assumed I was gone that early. I hadn't checked out. I had a snack at the bar, and the food was good.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the elevators and vending machine areas. The hallways are loud.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Darci M
HotelMngerGM, General Manager at Charleston Marriott, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you for choosing the Charleston Marriott for your recent stay. I appreciate your candid feedback regarding our accommodations, and we are in the process of starting "room refresh" project in 2014. I would love for you to return to the Marriott for another stay and experience our newly appointed accommodations. Please contact my office with your future stay dates and I will see to your reservations personally and hope to regain your confidence. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This hotel is very tired and the service is sub-standard. From the moment we walked in the door we knew we made a mistake but didn't have any other choices this weekend. The lobby looks dated, corridors smell like cleaners and walls are scratched everywhere. The room looked like it hadn't seen a renovation in 15 years.

When we arrived the lobby had very loud live music that could be heard all the way up the 4th floor. It was clear also that the clientele they booked into this weekend had a party attitude so if you are looking for a nice quiet romantic weekend this is not the hotel for you.

Green Features: did not see any green initiatives in place here. One of the HVAC units outside had green slime running out the side of it.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
progersCharlestonSC, General Manager at Charleston Marriott, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Tim - we appreciate you sharing your opinions about your experience at our hotel. The hotel is 7 years old currently and will undergo a full renovation beginning in November that will refresh all our guestrooms, lobby, elevators, restaurant and meeting space. The issue with clientele is something you will find all over Charleston in July. Its vacation time and Charleston is a popular destination for groups, conventions, weddings & social groups along with leisure travel.
We cater to all groups and try to create an atmosphere within the hotel that has something for everyone.
Brentwood, Tennessee
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here three nights with my wife while in town for casual business meetings. You can't walk to the historic area and the trolley failed to show but cab fare was $10. Everyone on staff very friendly. Very clean facility. Next to Citadel and Riverdogs ballpark. Great park adjacent to Citadel to walk or bike thru.

Stayed July 2014
HotelMngerGM, General Manager at Charleston Marriott, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Charleston Marriott. Our location being minutes away from Downtown Charleston makes it a convenient location yet more of a peaceful experience away from the hustle and bustle downtown sometimes can be. I hope you return to the Marriott soon where we can pamper you once again.

Sincerely
Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Once again my husband & I returned to the Charleston Marriott for our vacation & it absolutely never ceases to amaze us how awesome this hotel is!!!!! Front Office Manager Jere Allen & his staff knows exactly how to make their patrons feel like royalty. From check-in to check-out, nothing but professional, courteous, attentative, thorough & efficient. This place is absolutely consistently amazing & my husband & I will be forever grateful for the cherished memories they help us create year after year!!!!!! Thank you Jere, you & your staff are TOP NOTCH!!!!!!!!

Scottie & Janie Shipley
Greensboro, NC

Room Tip: The concierge floor is always the ONLY floor to stay on!!!!! Best view & the concierge room is...
2 Thank Janie S
HotelMngerGM, General Manager at Charleston Marriott, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Charleston Marriott. Thank you for recognizing the efforts of our Front Office Manager Jere Allen and our staff and for your kind compliments. I will share your feedback at our next staff meeting for all to hear and that their efforts do not go unnoticed. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Naples, Florida
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Our room was awesome! We were on the 9th floor and could watch the July 4th fireworks from our window. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. I would forego the $10/day parking and do it yourself for free. Pool area was very nice. All in all we had an wonderful experience, but we always do at a Marriott!!

1 Thank Barb E
HotelMngerGM, General Manager at Charleston Marriott, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thank you for choosing the Charleston Marriott and sharing your experience with fellow travelers online. It is great to hear that you, like so many others, were satisfied with your room and am glad you could enjoy the fireworks! I hope we do have another chance in the future to welcoming you back and serving you again soon.