“Great Fitness Center!”

Charleston Marriott
Ranked #31 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed 7 June 2009

This hotel had the best fitness center I have seen in a hotel. Three elipticals, I think three treadmills, new weight equipment and free weights. The treadmills and elipticals had tv screens on them. I had forgotten my earbuds but luckily there was a big container full of individually wrapped earbuds to use to plug into the tvs.

For some reason when I tried to turn on the TV it wouldn't, I told the front desk staff about it and they had it fixed while I was out exploring all the things Charleston and the surrounding areas had to offer.

I was placed in a room on the third floor near the aqua lounge, which is basically a bar located on a balcony. So, when the door was opened you could hear the music and occasionally the people walking in and out of the bar. It wasn't a big deal because they close at 10pm but you should keep this in mind if you want to get to bed early.

Oh, I almost forgot. The wireless internet is not free in your room. You have to pay 10 dollars a day for it.

Overall, it was a great place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo

Reviewed 27 May 2009

This Hotel was wonderful and exceeded our expectations for the price we paid. The rooms were clean, bright and very comfortable. The soaps etc., were very nice from Bed and Body Works and smelled yummy. The bathroom had a marble top vanity and big fluffy white towels. We did not eat at the Hotel so I can't commet on the food. The lobby and lounge areas and pool were great. An added bonus was a shuttle downtown to the historic area from 8:30 am to 10:30pm for a small charge. I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again we liked it so much.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2009

I have stayed here several times. Very nice place great pool, fitness center, rooms are nice, kids love the room service.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 April 2009

We decided to take a trip to Charleston while visiting Hilton Head. It was worth the trip. The hotel had a great special price and the people couldn't have been nicer. While it is not in the center of the town the shuttle makes it very easy to get back and forth.
We had a 7th floor room with a balcony and we loved it. The view was great.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2009

My friend and I just spent a couple of days at Marriott Charleston. We had not stayed there before and did not have reservations. Upon our arrival, a bellman greeted me immediately and was very helpful. The man working the front desk was warm, friendly, and helpful, as was the concierge in the guest lounge at the penthouse level. Our penthouse-level suite was beautiful and exceeded our expectations. (The price was excellent and affordable due to the time of year and that we checked in on a Sunday evening. I don't go to Charleston in the expensive summer season, anyway, due to the heat and humidity, so it happens that my favorite time of year to visit coincides with the best time to get a fabulous hotel at great value.) Our suite had two spacious, high-ceilinged rooms, one with two queen beds/luxury linens and decor, large armoire w/flat panel tv, refrigerator/mw/room safe, large balcony and a bath with walk-in porcelain tiled shower. The adjoining living space was beautifully decorated, with a lovely sofa, two arm chairs, a huge flat panel tv, wet bar, dining table/chairs for 8, nice art, a second bath with tub/shower combo and a second large balcony. The evening view of the hotel property, Charleston's city lights, the harbor and James Island bridge was amazing. Our stay included access to the private lounge on the penthouse level, where we had free soft drinks and bottled water, an honor bar with a good selection of wines and beers, free desserts and hot hors de oeuvres, as well as a very nice complementary continental breakfast, with a choice of cereals, pastries, fresh fruit, muffins, juices and coffee. Even though I had always before stayed in town in order to be within walking distance of shops and dining, my experience at this hotel was so wonderful that I will choose to stay here on every future trip to Charleston.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 April 2009

We stayed at the Marriott on our first trip to Charleston. The hotel was beautiful, clean and very comfortable. The front desk staff was great. They gave us good suggestions for dinner and even made reservations for us. Would not hesitate to stay here again. It is a bit out of the "downtown historic distric" but easy to come and go and Charleston is easy to get around. GREAT PLACE!!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2009

...you will not get what you ask for at this hotel. I responded to Marriott's e-mail concierge service to request the complimentary amenities & services I wanted, but it didn't make a difference. I asked for a king. They put me in a queen. I requested a tub. They gave me a shower-only room. I wanted a high floor room with riverview. They put me on second floor with roof view. And what made this stay so bad was the room was hot all night long b/c the thermostat wouldn't work and when I called front desk at midnight, they acted as if they could care less. Finally upon check out, they didn't even ask how my stay was. They don't care.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business