“Lovely, lovely experience!!!”

The Meeting Street Inn
Ranked #8 of 39 Charleston B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My daughter and I came to Charleston to visit CofC. We had no idea that our hotel would be so nice!! The staff without exception were friendly, extremely helpful with dining suggestions and reservations, and just hospitality. Our room, 206, was super comfortable. Breakfast was yummy, and who doesn't love an inn that serves wine every evening!! Hoping our daughter attends College of Charleston so we have a reason to come back!!

• Stayed: June 2014

Reviewed 21 June 2014

This place is the best! I highly recommend it. Not just for the quaint charm, perfect location, and cleanliness of this B&B, but most importantly for the people who work here. Alan and Curt were both SO helpful! My mom, who is handicapped, decided to come and see us on the last day of our stay. When I asked about where she might park during her visit, Curt immediately came over and told me where there was free handicapped parking for her. It was PERFECT and SO convenient. It made her visit with us much easier. I can't thank him enough. My mom's mobility is minimal, but with this location being right in the heart of the city, it made it simple for us to walk wherever we needed to go. The breakfast was plentiful and tasty, as was the wine and cheese reception each evening. You have the option of enjoying both either outside in the courtyard at one of the tables or in the lobby of the hotel, depending upon your preference and the weather. This B&B exemplifies a true slice of southern hospitality at it's finest!

Room Tip: First floor rooms are the most convenient since you don't need to use the elevator, however, the...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Wendy M
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We spent 5 nights at the Meeting Street Inn and they were wonderful - I wish we could have stayed longer. Curt and Darren at the desk were absolutely wonderful - so accommodating, cheerful, helpful -great personalities. They are the type of employees that encourage repeat customers - they treated us like old friends. The rooms were beautiful and clean, wine & cheese every evening was a nice touch. We can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the courtyard or of Meeting Street.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We met our family there, and had a wonderful time!
If you want to stay downtown this is the place.
You have a great breakfast to help start your day, have them make your dinner reservations in the morning, we recommend you not miss Magnolias!
Then have a wine and cheese in the lobby at the end of a wonderful day before walking to dinner.
Plan on parking for the whole time, the trolley is free!

Room Tip: Find the room you want by browsing online.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Melinda T
rvs102067, Manager at The Meeting Street Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Meeting Street Inn. Please come and see us again soon.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

My daughter and I took a long weekend trip to Charleston to experience a place neither of us had been before. Although we had done our homework about Charleston we still had questions or needed a little help now and then. Yes, the inn is very quaint and has that southern charm. But this is why I would go back. Location, location, location. That being said, location doesn't hold much water if the service is bad. No worries here. We dealt with several different people at the front desk and everyone was extremely helpful giving us the inside scoop on so many things in and around the city. Especially Rodney and Lee did a HUGE favor for us on the day we flew out that I was extremely grateful for and I really didn't even ask them to do it. They just saw how I needed help and offered their personal help. That said a lot to me of the quality of people that the Meeting Street Inn hires. Wish I could hire them for my business. I will return for sure. Great breakfast and afternoon wine "happy hour". Little things make a big difference.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
rvs102067, Owner at The Meeting Street Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you for giving Meeting Street Inn a chance and then taking the time to write about your experience in Charleston. We look forward to seeing you'll again.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We arrived late in the evening at the Meeting Street. It is a quaint old hotel in the heart of the historic district which is nice. The room was what we expected, older with a charming feel to it. Loved the canopy bed. Room was on 2nd floor and overlooked another hotel, so there is no view. The breakfast was nice as well as the outdoor patio seating. Our HUGE complaint was the owners (?), front desk people. They were not friendly at all, did not answer questions, not helpful and had a condescending look. At first I thought maybe just a bad mood and I will give anyone the benefit of the doubt, but this happened over and over with both men we spoke to. We could have seen a lot more sites and allocated our short amount of time we had, had they been helpful. It did not start our trip off on the right foot. Thankfully the other places we stayed on our trip were very helpful.. We would not stay here again because of this poor PR.

Room Tip: Spend a bit more and stay in a historic house.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lisadawnstevens

Thank you for taking the time out of you day to send in a review. I am very sorry that your experience at the inn was not up to par. I can only say that we will learn from this and do better in the future.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

An older hotel that sits right smack in the middle of Downtown Charleston! The rooms reflect old Charleston with four poster step up beds (stool provided), leather chairs, and wall papered walls. Bathroom is clean and simple. The great part of the hotel beside the location is the outdoor patio! Table and chairs surround a lovely fountain that can be enjoyed during the Inn's complementary wine, fruit, and cheese hour (5-6) and breakfast. There is also a soaking hot pool. Overall a comfortable place to stay!

Room Tip: The A/C units block any noise.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business