“Another Good Visit”

The Meeting Street Inn
Ranked #7 of 39 Charleston B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 July 2014

My husband & I have stayed here several times over the years & the inn gets consistently better with each visit & this is my first review of the inn.

Our room was the King Honeymoon Suite, quite spacious with a comfortable bed. The tub/shower is nice however there is no air conditioner in the bathroom & tends to get very warm. Also, the vanity is a little on the small side. Note the king rooms are part of the original building so I assume this is the reason for the lack of air & small vanity. The towels in the bathroom are big & thick.

The location is great & so is the price. Best hotel prices in downtown Charleston.

The breakfast is overall good with bagels, fruit, hard boiled eggs, coffee etc. We didn't try the wine & cheese served at 5:00pm daily.

It was our first time meeting Brian at the front desk. He is very professional & will help with any recommendations, reservations etc.

If you are a past guest let them know and if possible they will give a discount.

We will return to The Meeting Street Inn very soon! Again the location & price are excellent.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PebblesCharlie
There are newer reviews for The Meeting Street Inn

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Couldn't ask for a better location in Charleston for this popular, yet reasonably-priced hotel! Walking distance to everything, terrific old South atmosphere, and delicious full breakfast. Nearby parking and friendly staff. Beautiful lobby & grounds. Perfect!

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This is the second time we have stayed at this B&B and it never disappoints. Great location for exploring Charleston on foot. We just parked the car and left it at the lot for the weekend. Great staff, great wine reception and breakfast. The rooms are charming and homey; bed was awesomely comfortable. You can stroll to every downtown sight ( it's right across from the City Market) and some of the best dining in the city. We spent our anniversary here and it was the best celebration in several years. Highly recommend!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joseph B
Reviewed 29 June 2014

This small B&B is the perfect location for exploring Charleston. The management provided extra help in organizing a guided tour as well as suggestions for local restaurants within walking distance. The breakfast was huge and had a good variety to please everyone. The market is literally right across the street. The hotel is quaint with fountains in a courtyard and flowers blooming. The rooms and bathrooms were large and very clean. My only issue was the bedding used - I find that I am often allergic to some laundry detergents, and the sheets had been washed in something that was irritating. They were nice sheets - high thread count - but probably the detergent was not unscented. I bring a "Dreamie" with me for such occasions so I was still able to sleep.... I would just recommend they change their detergent or fabric softener. Otherwise - this was a perfect vacation spot - the management/staff was outstanding and so very helpful!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My daughter and I came to Charleston to visit CofC. We had no idea that our hotel would be so nice!! The staff without exception were friendly, extremely helpful with dining suggestions and reservations, and just hospitality. Our room, 206, was super comfortable. Breakfast was yummy, and who doesn't love an inn that serves wine every evening!! Hoping our daughter attends College of Charleston so we have a reason to come back!!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 21 June 2014

This place is the best! I highly recommend it. Not just for the quaint charm, perfect location, and cleanliness of this B&B, but most importantly for the people who work here. Alan and Curt were both SO helpful! My mom, who is handicapped, decided to come and see us on the last day of our stay. When I asked about where she might park during her visit, Curt immediately came over and told me where there was free handicapped parking for her. It was PERFECT and SO convenient. It made her visit with us much easier. I can't thank him enough. My mom's mobility is minimal, but with this location being right in the heart of the city, it made it simple for us to walk wherever we needed to go. The breakfast was plentiful and tasty, as was the wine and cheese reception each evening. You have the option of enjoying both either outside in the courtyard at one of the tables or in the lobby of the hotel, depending upon your preference and the weather. This B&B exemplifies a true slice of southern hospitality at it's finest!

Room Tip: First floor rooms are the most convenient since you don't need to use the elevator, however, the...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Wendy M
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We spent 5 nights at the Meeting Street Inn and they were wonderful - I wish we could have stayed longer. Curt and Darren at the desk were absolutely wonderful - so accommodating, cheerful, helpful -great personalities. They are the type of employees that encourage repeat customers - they treated us like old friends. The rooms were beautiful and clean, wine & cheese every evening was a nice touch. We can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the courtyard or of Meeting Street.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple