“Excellent hotel”

Town & Country Inn and Suites
Ranked #8 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Reviewed 6 November 2012

We recetnly attended the Citadel homecomng and stayed at Town and Country Inn and Suites. The rooms were beautiful and very comfortable. The pillows were awesome! I want one for home. The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. When we cheked in they toilet in the room was constantly flushing and I called down to the front desk and they immediately offered to swith our room or come fix it. We asked they comne fix it and they did. We had a wonderful stay. Can't wait to return!

Room Tip: We stayed in a regualr room.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2012

Thank you for commenting on how much you enjoyed our new guestrooms and particularly the bedding and pillows. I am glad that when you encountered a constantly running toilet it was quickly fixed by our staff. The best compliment was that you had a wonderful stay and could not wait to return! Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you in the future.
Erin T. England - Director of Sales and Guest Satisfaction - 843-329-3302

There are newer reviews for Town & Country Inn and Suites

Reviewed 5 November 2012 via mobile

Recently refurbished room was very clean and comfortable. The bed was comfy if a little hot due to the deep mattress quilting. Staff were friendly and well organised. Good freeway access but the tradeoff to this is that old Charleston isn't easily accessed without a car. We really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: November 2012
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2012

Thanks for letting us know that you relaly enjoyed your stay. We are approximately a 5-7 minute drive to downtown Charleston so many of our guests appreciate that they can stay in a new full service hotel with an on-site restaurant for 30%-40% of the price of most downtown hotels.
If there is anything I can do for you in the future please let me know at 843-329-3302.

Reviewed 5 November 2012 via mobile

Beautiful new king size room with updated fixtures and furnishings. Cushy carpet feels luxurious. Keurig coffee maker is nice. Clean and quiet room. The only negative thing I have to say is the toilet seemed to run for a long time.

• Stayed: November 2012

I appreciate your review and that you let others know that the interior of our new hotel has now been completed and how much you enjoyed it. I have had the runing toilet issue in your guestroom resolved and parts replaced. If you need anything please let me know directly at 843-329-3302. Please come back and see us.

Reviewed 4 November 2012

I did extensive research on places to stay outside of Charleston for our visit in October. I was a little worried because I knew they were undergoing a renovation, and I knew from another review not to base the hotel on what we saw on the outside. Let me tell you, we made the PERFECT CHOICE! Our room was clean, extremely comfortable, quiet....just fabulous! The staff is amazing and so friendly, oh and the breakfast! WOW!! We will definitely be back! Fabulous hotel!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sara W

Thank you for the wonderful review of our new hotel and the compliments you gave us. I appreciate that you gave us a chance despite the remaining exterior renovation taking place. Once inside, as you found, the new hotel is peaceful and well appointed. Please tell your friends that we have re-opened and we look forward to having you back as our guest.

Reviewed 30 October 2012

After reviewing hundreds of hotels in and near Charleston, I decided on this hotel because of the location & positive reviews. I made an excellent choice! There were 3 of us & we all loved it! The staff was so friendly & helpful & I understand the whole staff is like family & have worked there for many, many years. Jimmy & his wife are the owners & they are definitely on top of running this hotel and keeping their employees very happy! It definitely shows! The rooms are beautiful! The beds are so comfortable & the rooms are beatifully decorated! (The only thing I would add to the roon is a full mirrow but it isn't a big thing). This hotel definitely doesn't appear to be renovated but BRAND NEW!. We felt like we were at home. Only 5 miles from the Historic District and very close to all beaches and attractions. We ate at their restaurant for breakfast and it was great!. The buffet had everything you would want. ALL of the servers were wonderful and were so friendly with their customers; however,Tiffany waited on us the most and is the sweetest person! She was so hospitable and made sure everyone was taken care of. One of the guests wanted strong coffee so a pot of coffee was brewed just for him. (Where do you find that?) The pool area was also very pretty. There were comfortable patio sofas, so many flowers & plants - even music playing. On my next trip to Charleston I don't have to look at other hotels - THIS IS THE BEST ONE & VERY AFFORADABLE!

Room Tip: Rooms away from a busy street will be quieter. I always look at the date of a review - a year old r...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank nancy m
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2012

I cannot thank you enough for such an enthusiastic and descriptive review of our new hotel!! Everything you touched on from the hotel management to the new guestrooms, exceptional staff service and great pricing is what we want our guests to experience. I am honored that you have chosen us to be your hotel for future trips to Charleston, SC. If there is ever anything I can do for you to make your experience more pleasurable please clal me directly at 843-329-3302.

Reviewed 29 October 2012

We booked for 1 night but ended up staying for 2 and couldn't be more impressed. The staff are so friendly, helpful and polite, and their willingness to make you comfortable is amazing. I see why this has been voted the best mannered city in the US. The rooms are big, clean and have the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. It is located just a short easy drive from the historic district. They offer excellent southern food and I loved the buffet breakfast. (My first time tasting grits). I have stayed in 3-5 star hotels all over the USA and this is one of the best. Definitely want to visit Charleston again.

• Stayed: October 2012
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2012

I am so glad that you found our new hotel to be one of the best you have stayed in the USA. I was even more impressed to hear that you found our staff's willingness to make you comfortable amazing. Thanks for the incredible review and I hope to see you again.

Reviewed 28 October 2012

My stay began before I even arrived. On my way into town, I needed a drug store. Not knowing the area, I googled as best I could while driving when it occurred to me to just call the hotel. The staff was more than happy to direct me to the nearest drug store and even asked if there was something they could pick up for me.

Check in was fast and friendly. The hotel was just remodeled so everything was brand new and beautiful. The room was absolutely gorgeous and extremely comfortable. This goes for the bed, pillows and luxurious whirlpool tub. I normally would not use something like the tub bc I’m a germaphobe, but I had no hesitation lying in this clean oasis. It was awesome. Everything was brand new and spotless. The bed was one of the most comfortable I’ve ever slept in. I loved the marble bathroom and the rich furniture including a 46” inch flat screen. Also had an iPhone dock for charging and listening to music. My room had an EMPTY fridge and wet bar. I never use the in-rooom coffee pot (germs) but it was too hard to resist. Again, something I’ve never seen in a hotel…they had single serve teas and coffee like the kind I have at home. Green Mountain too. Downtown was less than 10 minutes but to be honest, I didn’t want to leave my room. When I did, I couldn’t wait to go back, shower, lie in my crisp new bed and unwind with the travel channel.

Can not wait to go back

Room Tip: I requested the second floor away from the elevator and ice machine. The A/C in each room was brand...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2012

Wow!! I so appreciate you taking the time to give us such a wonderful review. Our training is such that all of our staff is to treat each guest like family and I am glad this came through both before and during your stay with us. Please tell your friends about our new hotel as not many folks know we have re-opened since our new construction was finished. Again many thanks for the kind words and if there is anything I can do to enhance a future experience in our hotel please let me know at 843-329-3302.