“Return Visit”

Ranked #9 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Zionville, North Carolina
“Return Visit”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

This summer, my family got to make a return trip to Charleston. We had to make a couple of trips last winter to the Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC). We stayed at the Town and Country Inn and Suites both times and were thrilled. You can read a previous review on that trip. Fortunately, this summer we were able to make this a family trip with the children. No hospitals! Because of our previous trip, we definitely wanted to stay here again, and once again the hotel did not disappoint.

Service was wonderful. The hotel was spotlessly clean! We stayed in a suite on this trip, which included two double beds and a fold out couch. The couch is an air mattress that inflates automatically (isn't that cool!). My oldest son slept on it during the trip. I asked him how it slept. He replied, "You'd never know it was an air mattress." My youngest son noted that the room was "... the greatest hotel room ever. We must be rich to be able to stay here." I certainly have to agree with that. The price is great considering everything that you get.

On our previous trip, the exercise room was not up and and running yet, so that was something new for me this time. It had your basic workout equipment and a TV to watch. Keycard entry is required.

Our family also got to try out the pool a couple of times. It's outdoor, and goes from about 3 feet on one end to 8 feet on the other. I do wish there was a hot tub with it though. Towels are provided on the chairs. Keycard entry is also required for the pool area. As with the rest of the hotel, the pool area was spotless.

I'm really glad that I was able to bring the kids back on a return trip to Charleston. This is probably the nicest hotel that I've ever stayed at, and I hope we can return again soon for another family trip.

Room Tip: The two queen beds with a sleeper sofa are very large- great for a family of five. There is a limit...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Tuckasegee
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Wow! You gave us such a detailed and thoughtful account of why you would come back to see us again. I so appreciate that and am thrilled that we gave you and your family such a great experience. We are family owned and operated so it give us great pleasure to see others enjoying what we have worked so hard to create. If there is anything I can do for you in the future please let me know.
Erin T. England – Director of Sales and Guest Satisfaction

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
Vero Beach, Florida
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Husband and I were traveling to Ct. We stayed in the Ashley Suite. The experience was everything a couple could expect when selecting a hotel that makes for a quality of life seldom found .Italian linens,super clean room,very quiet,plush mattress,kind staff and a bathroom equal to a Spa in accommodations.At the end of a long drive from Florida and a relaxing bath,enjoying dinner in a cozy setting at the Town and Country Inn.Food was excellent,freshly prepared.Definitely am excited about this unusual hotel and it has just been completely rebuilt!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Phyllis P
We have built up several fans of the Ashley Suite I am glad you have joined the club. We so appreciate your kind words and thoughts on the quality we put into our family owned and operated hotel here in Charleston, SC. I am glad we could be an oasis on your journey.
NC
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Stayed several nights here and would definitely go back. Very clean, updated rooms. Loved the bedding, keurig coffee maker and HUGE bathroom. Not far from town if you have a car and the price couldn't be beat.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 1nightaway
First off I like your logo supporting breast cancer research having had several immediate family members having been affected by breast cancer. Thanks for the compliments on the bedding, bathrooms, and our hotel amenities. I am glad that you felt you got a great value!
Winchester, Virginia
Reviewed 15 August 2013

We just returned from a stay at this property and I have to say, this is a great value! The property is very clean, and the staff are most attentive and professional, from the desk clerks to the housekeeping. Although there were a few minor hiccups - a broken ice machine and an elevator that was out of order, our overall experience was terrific. Day trips to Kiawah and Sullivan's Island beaches were easy from this location, and the fact that there is a Krispy Kreme store down the road was a major plus!! We especially loved the comfortable beds and bedding. The kids were big fans of the pool, although I would have appreciated having access to extra towels out there so that we didn't have to repeatedly request more after swimming (these were quickly delivered, however). The security at this property was also very good - with all access to the building and pool by swipe card - folks from off the street cannot access the inside corridors of the hotel proper, or the swimming pool courtyard, without one since there is an entry between the main lobby and the actual rooms. If we decide to return to the Charleston area in the future, we will definitely be booking at this property!

Room Tip: There is a section of the property which is at the back of the building and is an annex - we did not...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
I am so very happy to hear about your fantastic experience with us and that you plan on returning. I appreciate all the compliments you gave our family owned and operated hotel. If there is anything I can do for you in the future please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
Voorhees, New Jersey
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I had a wonderful stay at the Town and Country Inn. As you check-in, you are given $15 food vouchers for each day of your stay. That is more than enough to enjoy their fabulous breakfast buffet, or to enjoy their wonderful dinner tastings like the yummy fried chicken. The rooms are updated and as glamorous as any boutique hotel in any major city....and wait until you see the bathroom. Even the standard rooms have a huge walk-in glass door shower. One of the best features is the microwave, fridge, and keurig coffee maker in the room. It was so nice to start my day with a cup of coffee, and end it with a cup of tea. The service is exceptional. They are kind and welcoming, and really helped me pick-out the hot spots of downtown Charleston. The hotel is located about 15 minutes outside of downtown Charleston, but this hotel is the best option if you have a car. Hey, if you don't, you can get one at the rental car agency next to the hotel! You'd be foolish not to seriously consider this great hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Leana S
I so appreciate the detailed review you gave and want to thank you for giving us Five Stars! Thanks also for the compliments on the guestrooms being as glamorous as any boutique hotel in a major city. The best part was that you said we were kind and helpful with exceptional service. Please come see us again when you return to Charleston.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 12 August 2013

This hotel gets it. The room we stayed in was immaculate. Clean, comfortable, new linens, beds, towels all great. I will be recommending this place to family in the area. Location could be better, but its not awful. it was a great night sleep and a very comfortable experience. We should have stayed here longer!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank HappyTravels6701
Thanks for the Five Star review of our family owned and operated hotel here in Charleston, SC. I am you felt your guestroom was immaculate and comfortable. Thanks also for saying that you should have stayed longer! That's a real compliment.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I researched a bunch of hotels for an upcoming birthday weekend in Charleston. Our main objective was to relax and enjoy some amenities, and then maybe wander through Historic Charleston. This hotel ended up being PERFECT. The location is out of the way, but you only have to take a quick drive through other cute parts of Charleston (that probably go missed by tourists anyway!). The hotel itself was beautiful, and so much more than we were expecting for the price. We enjoyed the air bath daily, and the king was one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in. On top of all this, the staff went above and beyond when we realized our air bath needed some servicing. They were polite, attentive, and seemed genuinely committed to helping us relax there. I will definitely be back to this property, and am recommending to friends.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 88Nova88
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
Wow!! What an incredible review of our family owned and operated hotel here in Charleston, SC. I am so very glad that you thought the hotel was PERFECT! The fact that you said the hotel was so much more than you were expecting for the price shows me that you are an experienced traveler. I am so glad that you will be returning and telling your friends. If there is anything I can do for you in the future please do not hesitate to contact me personally.
Erin T. England - Director of Sales and Guest Satisfaction