This summer, my family got to make a return trip to Charleston. We had to make a couple of trips last winter to the Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC). We stayed at the Town and Country Inn and Suites both times and were thrilled. You can read a previous review on that trip. Fortunately, this summer we were able to make this a family trip with the children. No hospitals! Because of our previous trip, we definitely wanted to stay here again, and once again the hotel did not disappoint.
Service was wonderful. The hotel was spotlessly clean! We stayed in a suite on this trip, which included two double beds and a fold out couch. The couch is an air mattress that inflates automatically (isn't that cool!). My oldest son slept on it during the trip. I asked him how it slept. He replied, "You'd never know it was an air mattress." My youngest son noted that the room was "... the greatest hotel room ever. We must be rich to be able to stay here." I certainly have to agree with that. The price is great considering everything that you get.
On our previous trip, the exercise room was not up and and running yet, so that was something new for me this time. It had your basic workout equipment and a TV to watch. Keycard entry is required.
Our family also got to try out the pool a couple of times. It's outdoor, and goes from about 3 feet on one end to 8 feet on the other. I do wish there was a hot tub with it though. Towels are provided on the chairs. Keycard entry is also required for the pool area. As with the rest of the hotel, the pool area was spotless.
I'm really glad that I was able to bring the kids back on a return trip to Charleston. This is probably the nicest hotel that I've ever stayed at, and I hope we can return again soon for another family trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Completed in May 2013 a $12,000,000 total guestroom rebuild!! Located within a 15 minute drive of the historic district and featuring a level of comfort and attention to detail that will surprise you at this price point. Convenient onsite dining featuring locally renowned full service Trotters Restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner in our smoke-free hotel. Enjoy a lush outdoor pool and courtyard, extensive hot breakfast buffet with servers, free wired and wireless internet access and a modern 6,500 square foot meeting facility. Wide variety of room types and suites available to accommodate every need including Family, Luxury, and Extended Stay Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Town & Country Inn and Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Town And Country Hotel Charleston
- Town And Country Charleston
- Charleston Country Inn