“A great stay in the historic South!”

Town & Country Inn and Suites
Ranked #8 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
San Diego, California
“A great stay in the historic South!”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Everything wonderful here !!! Great staff, Great Service, Everything you could want at a reasonable cost. The Southern breakfast is outta sight. Can't wait to get back for another stay and have more grits and biscuits and gravy each morning !!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jaa1369
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 23 August 2013
Thank you so much for the kind words and for saying that our hotel is “everything you could want at a reasonable cost.” That is exactly the experience we have worked so hard to provide for our guests. I am glad you enjoyed our southern full service breakfast as well. We look forward to having you again as our guest.
Erin T. England - Director of Sales and Guest Satisfaction

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
Reviewed 21 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed here based on other reviews. Family of 4, kids ages 9&12. The room was perfect. Beds were so very comfy. All staff that we encountered from housekeeping to reception were helpful, gracious and accommodating. The room was cleaner than any place that I've ever stayed. Very close to historical district and easy access to Mt. Pleasant. Everyone bragged about The $15 allowance to Trotters. We didn't find it helpful as the prices were a little out of our price range and we lost the first one due to the time frame. That was our fault..we thought they were valid for 24 hours. I would suggest that guests can choose a very small discount off of the room rate or the $15 food allowance. Either way, I would stay again. Mgmt does a great job with everything! Our kids loved the pool and we loved the non smoking everything. At the pool, there were numerous cigarette butts on the pool deck left by guests who didn't seem to know how to use a garbage can...no fault of the facility, just gross when they stick to the bottom of your feet. Not bashing the smokers...just pick up your trash! Thanks for a great stay! Can't wait to recommend!

Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Carmen A
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Thanks for pointing out that the other great reviews of our family hotel are accurate. I was greatly disturbed to hear of cigarette butts being on the pool deck and will take care of that immediately. I am glad you noticed that we are all non-smoking and liked that. I am also glad that you saw how proactive and on top of things our management team is. I am thrilled to hear that you had such a great stay and that you are excited to recommend us.
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We stayed for a week in June. Getting to historic Charleston was easy and quick from the hotel. The room was modern, clean, well arranged and comfortable. Has every convenience you will need. The woman at the front desk was very helpful. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Bigpinkgiraffe
Thanks for your week long stay with us here in our family owned and operated hotel. We appreciate the Five Star review and the compliments you gave us on the guestrooms, their design and layout, our service and the convenient location. I am glad that you would stay with us again. If there is anything I can do for you in the future please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
Zionville, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 August 2013

This summer, my family got to make a return trip to Charleston. We had to make a couple of trips last winter to the Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC). We stayed at the Town and Country Inn and Suites both times and were thrilled. You can read a previous review on that trip. Fortunately, this summer we were able to make this a family trip with the children. No hospitals! Because of our previous trip, we definitely wanted to stay here again, and once again the hotel did not disappoint.

Service was wonderful. The hotel was spotlessly clean! We stayed in a suite on this trip, which included two double beds and a fold out couch. The couch is an air mattress that inflates automatically (isn't that cool!). My oldest son slept on it during the trip. I asked him how it slept. He replied, "You'd never know it was an air mattress." My youngest son noted that the room was "... the greatest hotel room ever. We must be rich to be able to stay here." I certainly have to agree with that. The price is great considering everything that you get.

On our previous trip, the exercise room was not up and and running yet, so that was something new for me this time. It had your basic workout equipment and a TV to watch. Keycard entry is required.

Our family also got to try out the pool a couple of times. It's outdoor, and goes from about 3 feet on one end to 8 feet on the other. I do wish there was a hot tub with it though. Towels are provided on the chairs. Keycard entry is also required for the pool area. As with the rest of the hotel, the pool area was spotless.

I'm really glad that I was able to bring the kids back on a return trip to Charleston. This is probably the nicest hotel that I've ever stayed at, and I hope we can return again soon for another family trip.

Room Tip: The two queen beds with a sleeper sofa are very large- great for a family of five. There is a limit...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Tuckasegee
Wow! You gave us such a detailed and thoughtful account of why you would come back to see us again. I so appreciate that and am thrilled that we gave you and your family such a great experience. We are family owned and operated so it give us great pleasure to see others enjoying what we have worked so hard to create. If there is anything I can do for you in the future please let me know.
Vero Beach, Florida
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Husband and I were traveling to Ct. We stayed in the Ashley Suite. The experience was everything a couple could expect when selecting a hotel that makes for a quality of life seldom found .Italian linens,super clean room,very quiet,plush mattress,kind staff and a bathroom equal to a Spa in accommodations.At the end of a long drive from Florida and a relaxing bath,enjoying dinner in a cozy setting at the Town and Country Inn.Food was excellent,freshly prepared.Definitely am excited about this unusual hotel and it has just been completely rebuilt!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Phyllis P
We have built up several fans of the Ashley Suite I am glad you have joined the club. We so appreciate your kind words and thoughts on the quality we put into our family owned and operated hotel here in Charleston, SC. I am glad we could be an oasis on your journey.
NC
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Stayed several nights here and would definitely go back. Very clean, updated rooms. Loved the bedding, keurig coffee maker and HUGE bathroom. Not far from town if you have a car and the price couldn't be beat.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 1nightaway
First off I like your logo supporting breast cancer research having had several immediate family members having been affected by breast cancer. Thanks for the compliments on the bedding, bathrooms, and our hotel amenities. I am glad that you felt you got a great value!
Winchester, Virginia
Reviewed 15 August 2013

We just returned from a stay at this property and I have to say, this is a great value! The property is very clean, and the staff are most attentive and professional, from the desk clerks to the housekeeping. Although there were a few minor hiccups - a broken ice machine and an elevator that was out of order, our overall experience was terrific. Day trips to Kiawah and Sullivan's Island beaches were easy from this location, and the fact that there is a Krispy Kreme store down the road was a major plus!! We especially loved the comfortable beds and bedding. The kids were big fans of the pool, although I would have appreciated having access to extra towels out there so that we didn't have to repeatedly request more after swimming (these were quickly delivered, however). The security at this property was also very good - with all access to the building and pool by swipe card - folks from off the street cannot access the inside corridors of the hotel proper, or the swimming pool courtyard, without one since there is an entry between the main lobby and the actual rooms. If we decide to return to the Charleston area in the future, we will definitely be booking at this property!

Room Tip: There is a section of the property which is at the back of the building and is an annex - we did not...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
I am so very happy to hear about your fantastic experience with us and that you plan on returning. I appreciate all the compliments you gave our family owned and operated hotel. If there is anything I can do for you in the future please do not hesitate to contact me directly.