Generally, a hotel room can be just that, a place to hang your hat, lay your head and live out of your suitcase.
The outstanding ones though, like the Town & Country Inn and Suites in Charleston, South Carolina are a genuine reflection of the innkeepers very personal attention to and vision of hospitality; and in the case of the Town & Country Inn and Suites… true Southern hospitality. The care that is extended to the Town & Country Inn and Suites guests is apparent, superb and greatly appreciated. As recent guests, upon entering our suite of rooms; we were immediately drawn to the many subtle elements of the suites fashionable furnishings and décor. It's just that nice. You don't want to leave !!. A little smile is retained in the back of your mind about these few 'special hotels', here and abroad, where the experience is so pleasurable, that the recollection endures even after coming home.
It was this way for my wife and me and for our two close and long term friends who came all the way from Florence Italy to join us on a long weekend in Charleston. The four of us stayed at the remarkable Town & Country Inn and Suites. Upon entering your suite, there is an immediate perception of great value received for a very reasonable price. I have paid much more for far less in my world travels. It was so apparent that every facet of our two suites was thought out and thought through for the guests comfort. Every element of furnishing and décor was conceived and considered in a subtle, understated and tasteful way for the full enjoyment of the guests. Our king bed was perfect, which you realized upon rising each morning by a sense of being thoroughly rested. The large and inviting bathroom is absolutely elegant, complete with a luxurious walk-in shower and a separate multi adjustable jet stream Jacuzzi inspired bathtub. The suites’ bathrooms are the bathrooms that you always promised yourself to create in your own home. I say… keep that dream for one day down the road, but reserve a room at the Town & Country Inn and Suites when you’re headed towards Charleston. The quality of soundproofing from one room to another gave us a real sense of privacy and comfort. The totality of the space gave an overall sense of comfortable balance.…the very essence of the concept of Feng Shui. How does one perceive subtle? It’s almost imperceptible, but that’s the whole point, isn’t it? Even the term “Guest Focused Service” which appears in the Town and Country’s online website descriptive parlance suggests that the people behind their Inn and Suites model know uniquely well, the standards and values of true hospitality. The cost for a suite of rooms at the Town & Country Inn and Suites is a great value quite particularly, if one books directly with them through their website.
We were greeted upon our arrival by the Town & Country’s Director of Sales and Guest Satisfaction, Erin England. That's a terrific title and certainly evokes a feeling of ‘calm sea’s ahead; which gets me to my last point. The innkeeper is really what the hotel hospitality business is or should be about. His or her vision of what the hotel will mean to the guests. Everything from cleanliness to comfort. In the case of the Town and Country Inn and Suites and their Market Pavilion Hotel also in Charleston, there is an entire family dedicated to guests’ satisfaction. I recently read about Palas Hospitality Group in the August issue of “Travel + Leisure”, which awarded their Market Pavilion Hotel, the ”Travel+Leisure” top small city Best Hotel Award.
From a guest’s point of view, this innkeeper is doing everything right.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Completed in May 2013 a $12,000,000 total guestroom rebuild!! Located within a 15 minute drive of the historic district and featuring a level of comfort and attention to detail that will surprise you at this price point. Convenient onsite dining featuring locally renowned full service Trotters Restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner in our smoke-free hotel. Enjoy a lush outdoor pool and courtyard, extensive hot breakfast buffet with servers, free wired and wireless internet access and a modern 6,500 square foot meeting facility. Wide variety of room types and suites available to accommodate every need including Family, Luxury, and Extended Stay Suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Town & Country Inn and Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Town And Country Hotel Charleston
- Town And Country Charleston
- Charleston Country Inn