“Great value, clean, nicely furnished, comfortable, good night sleep”

Town & Country Inn and Suites
Ranked #9 of 61 Hotels in Charleston
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Great value, clean, nicely furnished, comfortable, good night sleep”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

This is the nicest under $200 hotel that I have ever stayed at. Zero complaints, just pleasantly surprised considering the price. The beds are comfortable, the furniture and decor is upscale, the staff is very friendly. The only disadvantage is that it is a 10-15 minute drive to downtown historic Charleston which was not an issue to us. One thing though the black decor rooms shown on their sites was not the same as what we had with more earth toned decor which other travelers have posted pictures. I prefer the earth tones but my wife liked the black theme.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Tim S
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
I am so glad that you had a fantastic stay with us. We definitely aim to give you the most upscale experience for the price anywhere. I am glad that you noticed that. When reading your review I was confused by the "Black décor" room you had mentioned though. We don't have any guestrooms that feature black or even dark décor..everything is light in color. Regardless, we are thankful for your business and hope to see you again.
Erin T. England - Director of Sales and Guest Satisfaction

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I was really very pleasantly surprised to enter the suite in this newly remodeled hotel.
The furniture and fixtures were beautiful, the matrass firm and the pillows hard and comfy.
I was also impressed by the delicious (and reasonable)
breakfast buffet.
I am a frequent visitor to Charleston and this will definitely be my hotel of choice from now on.

Room Tip: Any room would be great.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Sherry S
I am so glad to hear that we have attracted another new guest to the fold here in our hotel. We are a family owned and operated hotel and have been in the Charleston hotel business for four consecutive generations. Thanks so much for your business and for saying that you are coming to stay with us again.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I finally had a chance in my hectic work schedule to travel to Charleston for some much needed R&R. I have stayed a this hotel before on a work trip and was excited to stay here again without work to do. I enjoyed the Middleton suite, the spaciousness and the chic décor. The bed linens were so fresh and the bed was beautifully made. After a day of sightseeing downtown, I enjoyed the spa-like Jacuzzi tub that was in the oversized bathroom to rest my tired body. There were plenty of plush towels and bathroom amenities. I couldn't of asked for a better suite. It was so quiet and peaceful. The price of the suite was very reasonable for the size and the location. With your hotel reservation, you also receive $15 vouchers to use per day of your entire stay to use at Trotters Restaurant on site. You have to try the Sunday brunch.

Room Tip: Always book a reservation for a suite, the best value at this hotel along Savannah highway
Green Features: Nice to have recycling waste bins in the room. Also, the soap, lotions and shampoos are all made of organic, plant based ingredients. Very clean and fresh
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank TwoSisters310
Thanks for letting the Trip Advisor community know how much you enjoyed the Middleton Suite and it's amenities. I also wanted to thanks you for your return stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
South Brunswick, New Jersey
Reviewed 27 October 2013

My husband & I stayed here 2 night while visiting Charleston. Hotel was excellent and staff was great. I worry about bed bugs and this place which recently had a beautiful makeover, was a clean bug free place. Not far from downtown Charleston but the price was reasonable. We would stay here again when visiting the area.

Room Tip: check bed bug registry when looking for a place to stay
1 Thank Barbara C
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Thank you for pointing out what a wonderful experience you had with us. Our entire family strives to make sure each guest has a memorable and exceptionally pleasurable stay in our hotel and that they are impressed with the value of what they received. I am glad you also feel this way. Thanks also for saying that you would stay with us again.
Wapakoneta, Ohio
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I cannot say enough about our stay in Charleston! This hotel and staff were one of the best we have ever stayed in. After a long day of sight seeing, walking and dining-the end of the day was the most luxurious we've enjoyed! We cannot say enough about the staff, who went way above and beyond to help us with anything we asked. Will definitely book there again as we plan to visiting Charleston again.

Room Tip: Our room was perfect!
Green Features: Love that the staff would like to be advised if nothing is needed! Love that they're environmentally friendly!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
I am so glad that you felt our family owned and operated hotel was one of the best hotels in which you have ever stayed. I am honored and feel great about knowing that you had an exceptional experience. Thanks for saying that you will definitely stay with us again when you return to Charleston.
Great Guana Cay
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Renovations are almost complete and this hotel continues to excel. The rooms are great and a great value for the price. The location is close to the developing dinner and late night bars in West Ashley triangle area. The breakfast coupon still provides the best value of all. Real breakfast. Huge fresh breakfast, for about a dollar. Great staff and management. Gotten to know them with our frequent visits. Thanks for another great stay Erin.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thanks for continuing to honor us with your business and your kind words. I cannot tell you how much that means to my entire family since we all work here. If you need anything pleased let me know!
London, Kentucky
Reviewed 24 October 2013

My husband and I stayed her for three nights. We had first hoped to stay in downtown Charleston, but the prices were out of our budget. Then we found Town & County on Trip Advisor and it had good reviews. We were very pleased. It was only about 6 miles from downtown, and an easy drive. Our room was nice. Bed very comfortable. Bathroom was really nice. Everything was clean. Only negative was one of the lights over the vanity was out and it made it difficult to see to put on make-up. The staff was great. We forgot out laptop and the cleaning staff found it and we were called. Since we were already several hours away, they shipped it to us. Great customer service!

2 Thank Joella B
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
I am glad to hear of your experience. I believe that illustrates that we strive to give warm, personal service at a price point that is affordable and deliver an atmosphere of quality. Thanks for the wonderful review and for your sentiment. Please tell your friends and come see us again.
Erin T. England – Director of Sales and Guest Satisfaction