Town & Country Inn and Suites
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$503
  • Pool
Indigo Inn(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$284
  • Breakfast included
The Vendue Charleston's Art Hotel(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$284
French Quarter Inn(Charleston)
US$421
US$257
US$224
US$386
  • Breakfast included
Francis Marion Hotel(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$270
US$261
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Best Western Charleston Inn(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$142
Holiday Inn Express Charleston(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$121
HIExpress.com
King Charles Inn(Charleston)(Great Value!)
US$366
US$262
TripAdvisor
1,763 results
All reviewstrotters restaurantbreakfast buffetdowntown charlestonseparate tubfood voucherkeurig coffee makerwalk in showerminute drivehotel restaurantwest ashleyfolly beachdefinitely stay here againhistoric districtbooked this hoteloutdoor pooljunior suitemini fridge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Four of us shared a room for 4 days, the location was nice out of the city but easy to get downtown, the rooms were very nice the beds and pillows very comfortable, room to sit and relax in comfortable chairs. The bathrooms are nice with soaking tub and nice shower. Housekeeping was very polite and nice when you wanted them to wait awhile to get in. Too cool to use the pool but we sat and enjoyed some sun one afternoon. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for room in the back away from the road, we had no road noise.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Thanks for indicating that your experience with us was upscale, relaxing, and of high quality. Our rooms are large enough, as you point out, to accommodate people AND obey their space needs. I am so glad to hear that you would definitely stay here again.
Erin T. England – Director of Sales and Guest Satisfaction

Reviewed 17 November 2013

When we pulled up at night, I was so excited! The hotel was beautiful! All remodeled! The room really lovely! Huge plush comfy bed! Flat screen TV! Everything was so clean! On Sunday morn they serve omelets made to order...mine was great! 15 minutes from downtown!

Room Tip: King size bed... Walk in shower!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Wow! Thanks so much for your Five Star review of our family owned and operated hotel. It means so much to us that our guests have a great experience like you did. Thanks for all the compliments on the hotel exterior, the guestrooms and bedding as well as your comments on how clean everything was. Please come see us again.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I was ready to rate this property a 5 the moment we walked into the room. I decided to wait, a little worried that some of the things the lower reviews mentioned would show themselves but the stay was as close to perfect as I can recall. The front desk clerk at check-in was very nice and the clerk at check-out equally nice.
The beds and pillows were super comfy, the decor updated and I admit to taking pictures of the tile in the bathroom to try and find something similar for our future remodel :-). I loved the Keurig and the fridge was in working order...didn't use the microwave. I read in some of the reviews that the showers were set up in such a way that you have to have the cold water hit you when you turn the shower on, before the warm water makes its way. I can see what they mean but I found it very easily avoidable by adjusting the shower head so the water hit the side wall rather than me :-) our room was literally next to the fitness room, and we didn't hear a peep. There was only once during the stay that we heard anyone in the hall and that was in the evening, just before going to dinner so it was still early and during prime check-in time. I thought the outside was nice, very well tended, and there was only 1 night of our stay that the parking lot was crowded and this was due to a party, in the restaurant. The party didn't last too late because by the time we returned from a movie (around 8:30 p.m.) we once again had our pick of parking spots.
The property is located on a major road, one of the main arteries into downtown Charleston. It is a busy road, but there is a center lane to make the turn toward downtown a little easier. We felt that the location was centrally located...easy to get downtown, to the plantations and the coliseum. I admit I never timed the drive to the visitor center, but I am not known for my patience and it didn't seem that far at all to me. The hotel isn't located in the historical district of Charleston, but the price is the first clue that is the case and mapquest/google maps is the second. I did not feel like we missed out on the historical, southern vibe that is Charleston. We spent all day for 3 days on the peninsula, the 4th day we headed home and stopped at one of the plantations.
We didn't use the restaurant but this is because we rarely eat at hotel restaurants (restaurants on hotel property's in this market aren't really known for their low prices and exceptional food). It was nice to know it was there if we needed it but there are far too many places we wanted to try.
There are only 2 things I wish were different about the room. The main one is the lack of a switch for the fan in the bathroom. We didn't find it noisy at all, the only reason we even knew it was on is because of the cold air coming out of it. The temps weren't too low yet while we were there but it was a little too chilly. The second is the t.v. remote didn't have a sleep function and the t.v. is mounted on the wall in such a way that you can't get to the manual buttons.
We make trips to Charleston occasionally for functions at The Citadel and I am thrilled that we've found our go-to place :-) We will be staying here again, no doubt.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank April K
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Well I am honored by all your compliments and for saying that you are thrilled about your new "go-to place" away from home. I was also glad to hear that you would rate our property with Five Stars and that your “stay was as close to perfect” as you could recall. Please come see us again it would be an honor to serve you.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

We arrived in November 2013 - my husband and I quick get away. We read the review and figured we give it a try. The best thing we could of done. We enjoyed every minute we were at the hotel.
The people there were so helpful and always had a smile on their faces. The food - awesome (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and our waiter Anthhony was great.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thanks for saying that “the best thing you could have done” was to try our family owned and operated hotel when it came to making a choice of where to stay. I am honored to hear that you enjoyed every minute of your stay with us. We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Ten minutes away from downtown historic centre, this hotel is wonderful. The rooms are clean, well kept, and are tastefully decorated. My room was quiet; parking was easy; and the staff were professional and friendly. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Erin E, Manager at Town & Country Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

I am so glad to hear that you had a "perfect" stay. I am also glad that you see how much trouble we go to in making sure our guests are well taken care of and have a memorable experience. Thanks for saying that you would definitely stay with us again and for giving us a Five Star review to the Trip Advisor community.